Author Topic: Jabari Bird arrested  (Read 45669 times)

Re: Jabari Bird arrested
« Reply #315 on: September 18, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Per ESPN

"A source told ESPN that Bird had been receiving treatment with the help of a Celtics doctor and that medication could have played a role in the alleged attack."

Yikes.  Not a good decade for the Celtics' medical staff.
There you go. That's going to be Bird's defense. He isn't responsible for the severe side effects of medication prescribed for him by the team's medical staff. He was just following doctor's orders.

« Reply #316 on: September 18, 2018, 10:20:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Per ESPN

"A source told ESPN that Bird had been receiving treatment with the help of a Celtics doctor and that medication could have played a role in the alleged attack."

the medical staff can’t foresee side effects. The science of stopping side effects isn’t exsctly easy

« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So it looks like the Celtics were aware there were recent issues with Bird, though they did not foresee something like this happening. He had even already started treatment before the incident.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/09/source_celtics_jabari_bird_sought_treatment_before_domestic_violence?amp=

People around Bird have been aware that he recently had been experiencing, according to one source close to him, “panic attacks and things like that. It wasn’t a long-term thing, but everyone knew. The Celtics knew there was something going on and he was being treated.”

and

“This wasn’t one of the domestic-violence situations you usually see where someone gets jealous for one thing and loses control. There was something deeper going on here with (Bird). This was a bad situation.”
i think there’s a chance he stays on the team. It seems like some medical related thing.

« Reply #318 on: September 18, 2018, 10:24:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So it looks like the Celtics were aware there were recent issues with Bird, though they did not foresee something like this happening. He had even already started treatment before the incident.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/09/source_celtics_jabari_bird_sought_treatment_before_domestic_violence?amp=

People around Bird have been aware that he recently had been experiencing, according to one source close to him, “panic attacks and things like that. It wasn’t a long-term thing, but everyone knew. The Celtics knew there was something going on and he was being treated.”

and

“This wasn’t one of the domestic-violence situations you usually see where someone gets jealous for one thing and loses control. There was something deeper going on here with (Bird). This was a bad situation.”
i think there’s a chance he stays on the team. It seems like some medical related thing.

0% chance.  Sponsors and most fans don't want to support somebody who tortured and severely injured his girlfriend.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #319 on: September 18, 2018, 11:04:21 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

and

0% chance.  Sponsors and most fans don't want to support somebody who tortured and severely injured his girlfriend.
It's not like Bird is star level talent.  He can be easily replaced with someone that doesn't have that baggage.   

« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2018, 09:56:24 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Per ESPN

My guess is that’s a pro-Jabari source.

I don't know why the source matters if the information is accurate.

« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Per ESPN

We don’t know if it’s accurate, just that a source is trying to make it public.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2018, 10:41:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Per ESPN

It didn't come off to me that he was implying that the info necessarily was accurate, but merely that it doesn't matter where it originates if it is
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2018, 12:02:50 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Per ESPN

It didn't come off to me that he was implying that the info necessarily was accurate, but merely that it doesn't matter where it originates if it is

You got it.

« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2018, 12:29:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
There is a mental health component then.  I'm not following the firm stance that he is using medication as an excuse, it has to bode well for him that he sought mental health treatment before incident occurred.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:39:03 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #325 on: October 01, 2018, 06:52:10 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Is it fair to say that this the point that the Celtics are on a wait and see with Jabari?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #326 on: October 01, 2018, 08:19:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Is it fair to say that this the point that the Celtics are on a wait and see with Jabari?

They are waiting for the NBA to finish its investigation. If the Celtics cut him now, they are on the hook for his entire salary. If they wait for him to be suspended, They will get some monetary relief both on his salary and any corresponding luxury tax hit.

« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2018, 01:54:23 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

They are waiting for the NBA to finish its investigation. If the Celtics cut him now, they are on the hook for his entire salary. If they wait for him to be suspended, They will get some monetary relief both on his salary and any corresponding luxury tax hit.

Thanks for clarification. I was wondering why he has not yet been cut.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2018, 07:25:25 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The league and Celtics were addressing mental health issues. Kevin Love and Marcus Morris both had recently come out in the press.
If Jabari had no past history of abuse was seeking help voluntarily and suffered a reaction that led to a psychotic episode or he had a psychotic breakdown as a result of a escalating illness.Then there is the possibility of having two victims.

« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:57 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The league and Celtics were addressing mental health issues. Kevin Love and Marcus Morris both had recently come out in the press.
If Jabari had no past history of abuse was seeking help voluntarily and suffered a reaction that led to a psychotic episode or he had a psychotic breakdown as a result of a escalating illness.Then there is the possibility of having two victims.

I’d have a hard time calling Bird a “victim” here. 

I draw the line somewhere around torture but that’s just me...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team