Author Topic: Jabari Bird arrested  (Read 46284 times)

Re: Jabari Bird arrested
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
From what I have gathered from friends in town, Bird was not on any substance like bath salts or synthetic marijuana.

« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2018, 05:24:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
... but if he has anxiety issues it opens the door to a whole other story.

How so?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2018, 05:28:15 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I wonder if the prosecutors are going to lose the girlfriend, which happens quite a bit in these cases.

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2018, 05:31:07 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

How so?
Physo disease are excluded from crime

« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2018, 05:55:29 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Time to move on. Release him and pay for all the mental health that he needs.

« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2018, 05:58:16 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
did we treat  delonte west the same after his troubles ?

« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2018, 05:58:18 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

I agree. The statement that the Celtics released says these situations are handled by the league office and is out of their hands at the moment.

« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

How so?

lots of layers at work here.

if he was taking anxiety meds there's no guarantee they were the right ones. my understanding is sometimes it takes time to get the meds right, every person is different. you also have to be on these meds for a while before they take effect.

then there's taking prescribed meds and mixing recreational drugs to consider.

also another thing to consider is if he was misdiagnosed as having anxiety and having something else going on instead but taking anti-anxiety meds and or possibly mixing them with recreational drugs.

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2018, 05:59:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

How so?

Seizures are not part of a normal anxiety attack, especially ones severe enough to incapacitate him.  They do happen as part of anxiety attacks occasionally, but again, we’re talking incredibly severe ones.  They also can be caused by anti-anxiety medications.  These same medications can have the side effect of intensifying an anxiety episode.  As it appears he’s been previously diagnosed with anxiety, it’s not impossible he was on such a medication.

The seizures indicate this was more than just someone losing it.  He was having some sort of neurological event.  It’s possible (unprescribed) drugs were involved, but it’s very possible something else was at play.

« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2018, 05:59:10 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
did we treat  delonte west the same after his troubles ?

We should have, or the NBA should have. Delonte needed help and never got it. Its a serious problem not only in the NBA but in workplaces everywhere.

« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

How so?

Seizures are not part of a normal anxiety attack, especially ones severe enough to incapacitate him.  They do happen as part of anxiety attacks occasionally, but again, we’re talking incredibly severe ones.  They also can be caused by anti-anxiety medications.  These same medications can have the side effect of intensifying an anxiety episode.  As it appears he’s been previously diagnosed with anxiety, it’s not impossible he was on such a medication.

The seizures indicate this was more than just someone losing it.  He was having some sort of neurological event.  It’s possible (unprescribed) drugs were involved, but it’s very possible something else was at play.

Anxiety drugs can cause rage. They don’t cause people to torture and attempt to murder others.  Neither do anxiety attacks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2018, 06:18:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

How so?

Anxiety drugs can cause rage. They don’t cause people to torture and attempt to murder others.  Neither do anxiety attacks.

Yes, they very much do, sadly.  Rarely, but again, the attack stopped because he was having seizures severe enough to lose consciousness, and presumably left him in a state so dangerous to his own safety that his battered girlfriend moved him to his bed before fleeing.  So this was not a normal event, whatever the cause.

I’m on one such medication.  It’s used for migraine prevention.  But every month when I visit my neurologist she spends as much time quizzing me on whether I’ve had any bouts of anxiety as she does about my migraines, because while the probability of an severe episode is low, it’s very serious, and we monitor it very closely.

« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2018, 06:31:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

How so?

Yes, they very much do, sadly.  Rarely, but again, the attack stopped because he was having seizures severe enough to lose consciousness, and presumably left him in a state so dangerous to his own safety that his battered girlfriend moved him to his bed before fleeing.  So this was not a normal event, whatever the cause.

I’m on one such medication.  It’s used for migraine prevention.  But every month when I visit my neurologist she spends as much time quizzing me on whether I’ve had any bouts of anxiety as she does about my migraines, because while the probability of an severe episode is low, it’s very serious, and we monitor it very closely.

I’m diagnosed with anxiety, have had panic attacks, and am on both long term and as-needed meds.

My doctor has never warned me that I may suddenly become homicidal over a 4+ hour time period.  Despite a large number of clients with anxiety, I’ve never seen any attorney plead his client not guilty due to anxiety.  My wife is a psychiatric clinician, and she doesn’t see the cause-and-effect either. I’d love to read the literature on that.  Having less control over one’s anger and impulses isn’t the same as causing homicidal acts.

« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

How so?

I’m diagnosed with anxiety, have had panic attacks, and am on both long term and as-needed meds.

My doctor has never warned me that I may suddenly become homicidal over a 4+ hour time period.  Despite a large number of clients with anxiety, I’ve never seen any attorney plead his client not guilty due to anxiety.  My wife is a psychiatric clinician, and she doesn’t see the cause-and-effect either. I’d love to read the literature on that.  Having less control over one’s anger and impulses isn’t the same as causing homicidal acts.
I have anxiety, as well as other mental illness disorders, and am and have been on many different psychotropic drugs for over two decades. I am currently taking 5 different psychotropic drugs.

Never have I been warned that any of those drugs could cause homocidal events. Perhaps I need to go online and look up side effects of those medications, but I have never heard of such things. Usually it is the illness already in place that can cause such events not the medication, that I know of.

« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this is why I believe there's more to the story than just anxiety and anti-anxiety meds.