Author Topic: Kyrie now opt in?  (Read 13230 times)

Re: Kyrie now opt in?
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2019, 12:41:37 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Andrew Lopez Retweeted

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
 9m9 minutes ago
More
Celtics' Kyrie Irving is not opting into his $21.3 million deal for next season and will become a free agent eligible to sign a new contract with Boston or elsewhere, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

This was always going to happen right?

Yeah, this was expected.  No reason for anyone to be shocked.

Does this mean now we're allowed to trade for Davis?

Doesn't the contract end June 30? It's just that today (or tomorrow, I forget) was the opt in deadline? I didn't think we could officially trade for Davis till July 1 which was why we needed Kyrie to let us know what was going on before the draft so we could make NO's picks for them without the trade being official.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2019, 02:10:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I would like to take credit for Kyrie leaving, but I could not have done it with a lot of help from the good people here.
Always makes me laugh when people are excited about the prospect of us potentially becoming the Boston Hawks

Small guards don't win championships.

There are only a handful of players in the NBA that do.

Durant, Leonard, Lebron, etc...

Danny needs to figure out how to get one of those players.

Anyone who pays Kyrie $140 million dollars is a fool.
how is kyrie a small point guard?

Players under 6'4" don't win championships. Only a handful of bigger players do. Look at the list of Finals MVPs.

wrong. you keep spouting this verbal diarrhea similar to propaganda of joseph goebbels. i debunked it before and gave you a list of PG of certain height who have won titles. you keep repeating it over and over hoping it sticks with those too lazy to research it. just stop man. it is old and stale.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2019, 02:12:07 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I would like to take credit for Kyrie leaving, but I could not have done it with a lot of help from the good people here.
Always makes me laugh when people are excited about the prospect of us potentially becoming the Boston Hawks

yep sad and pathetic.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2019, 03:29:34 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I don't know if this article from Hoops Rumors has been posted already but it explains why it is highly unlikely Kyrie would want to be involved in a sign and trade:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/why-nba-sign-and-trades-are-rare-2.html
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:35:56 PM by BMark »

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Andrew Lopez Retweeted

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
 9m9 minutes ago
More
Celtics' Kyrie Irving is not opting into his $21.3 million deal for next season and will become a free agent eligible to sign a new contract with Boston or elsewhere, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

This was always going to happen right?

Yeah, this was expected.  No reason for anyone to be shocked.

Does this mean now we're allowed to trade for Davis?

We are allowed to create an Agreement In Principal that could be approved by the league.  It can't be executed until after June 30 since Kyrie's contract doesn't actually end until then.   But with the opt-out in place, it will officially expire and so an AIP that depended on that happening would be valid and thus approved (assuming all other terms were approved of course).

All that said, it is hard to imagine doing a deal given the most recent comments from Davis's camp.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2019, 05:09:27 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I don't know if this article from Hoops Rumors has been posted already but it explains why it is highly unlikely Kyrie would want to be involved in a sign and trade:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/why-nba-sign-and-trades-are-rare-2.html

#2 is the most obvious of the many reasons why he wouldn't do a sign and trade...the teams he's linked to can all afford to sign him outright without giving up assets.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2019, 06:19:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

yep sad and pathetic.

TP ....Second place is FIRST LOSER

« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2019, 09:01:04 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I said it before, will say it again; nobody put out more unflattering Kyrie stories than Boston last year.

Boston was not on his list of teams, but he never said "No" to Boston.

Boston reminds me of the crazy women who do the most crazy, deranged stuff to guys. If he takes it, he is a keeper. if he leaves, it is all his fault. He was not a "True" one.

Don't think for one second other superstars are not looking at how I.T & Kyrie were treated. From the front office to the fan-base.You heard what AD's team said? He aint staying here; you can trade for AD, but when 2020 rolls around, he gone yo.

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2019, 09:15:24 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I said it before, will say it again; nobody put out more unflattering Kyrie stories than Boston last year.

Boston was not on his list of teams, but he never said "No" to Boston.

Boston reminds me of the crazy women who do the most crazy, deranged stuff to guys. If he takes it, he is a keeper. if he leaves, it is all his fault. He was not a "True" one.

Don't think for one second other superstars are not looking at how I.T & Kyrie were treated. From the front office to the fan-base.You heard what AD's team said? He aint staying here; you can trade for AD, but when 2020 rolls around, he gone yo.
Was IT treated well in Sacramento?
Was Kyrie not treated well in Cleveland that he requested a trade?
Was AD not treated well in New Orleans that he requested a trade?