Author Topic: Anyone Interested in Writing Some Music Reviews?  (Read 4464 times)

Anyone Interested in Writing Some Music Reviews?
« on: May 13, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I recently launched a Facebook page for my record store.  I've been adding content to it in the form of titles and images from my just-in bin.  Most of the members of the page are either friends or previously existing customers.  I'd like to stir up more conversation (and hopefully build a fan base), but my time is getting limited and my biz has taken a backburner. It's a long story...

Basicially I'm looking for anyone who wants to talk about music in general, and more specifically review some of the albums I post on there. 

Being that I'm selling vinyl, it's mostly rock stuff, but I'm open to ideas.

Check it out and let me know if you're interested.

Redz

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/South-Chatham-MA/The-Caped-Cod/74476251533?ref=nf
Yup

Re: Anyone Interested in Writing Some Music Reviews?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:21:59 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'm interested. I've been looking for a field of journalism to get into. Music/Film/Entertainment/Sport are my areas of interest, so this could be good.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 07:12:14 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Became a fan. Have to support the indepent record stores! Would love to write some reviews Redz but I definently lack the ability to do so haha. Good Luck Though!!
Do you post any of your Vinyl online?

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I'm an old hack reviewer for a couple rags in the Southeast.  However, I'm resisting Facebook. 

That said, ever follow this:  http://newmusicstrategies.com/ ?  Though I'm certainly no expert, I sometimes enjoy looking into ideas about music industry and related business models.

And as Jackson_34 says, we need to support our indie record stores (and your indie bookstores too!).

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:26:11 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
will do man, im definitely interested.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 01:45:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I'm an old hack reviewer for a couple rags in the Southeast.  However, I'm resisting Facebook. 

That said, ever follow this:  http://newmusicstrategies.com/ ?  Though I'm certainly no expert, I sometimes enjoy looking into ideas about music industry and related business models.

And as Jackson_34 says, we need to support our indie record stores (and your indie bookstores too!).

I resisted too.  I never had to compete with my wife for the computer, then all of the sudden she was on there all the time.  I poo-poo'd the whole idea for months, but once I got started I really enjoyed connecting with most of the people I was connecting with.

In the last few weeks I've really started exploring the business possibilities quite a bit more.  You can't sell stuff directly through their site without buying into some portal system that looks like its more trouble than it's worth.  The ability to connect directly with customers and give them instant feedback on what's going on here is really intriguing - especially now for me.

To that end, I'd love it any or all of you are interested in writing some stuff on there to contact me individually and we can up with some parameters.  It can be as formal or casual as you like.  I'd just like to stir up some discussion.

Thanks for your input.

And, yes, by all means support your independent stores whenever you can.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 01:51:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Became a fan. Have to support the indepent record stores! Would love to write some reviews Redz but I definently lack the ability to do so haha. Good Luck Though!!
Do you post any of your Vinyl online?

Not nearly as much as I used to.

I do a little on eBay if I come across something rare that I know will sell for a decent chunk `o' change.

I've been posting albums from the Just in Bin on FB to generate some fresh material.  I have sold a few of them through communications, but there is no direct link to any inventory to purchase on line.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 02:49:31 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd love to help out and write some reviews. I've been trying to find a good site to write some music reviews for a while. I'm into vinyl, records, anything so this sounds perfect.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I'd love to help out and write some reviews. I've been trying to find a good site to write some music reviews for a while. I'm into vinyl, records, anything so this sounds perfect.

I don't know if this is a "good site", but we can make it that hopefully. ;)

As I said, I'm open to ideas, so fire away some thoughts. 

I'm about to add some new titles on there.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 02:56:33 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
OK, so those who were interested...

Are ya ready?
Yup

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
OK, obviously a long time has passed since I posted this.  My business is long since closed up after 14 years, but my love of music remains.  I just launched a blank slate of a page on Facebook called Music Fish. I'd like to have offshoot pages for all sorts of different bands and artists.  I'm looking for ideas for where to go with this, content, contributors, fans, whatever...If you have any thoughts or you feel like writing let me know.  - redz

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Fish/114102451996342#!/pages/Music-Fish/114102451996342
Yup

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Being that I'm selling vinyl, it's mostly rock stuff, but I'm open to ideas.

Check it out and let me know if you're interested.

I'm a big rock fan so this is intriguing to me. I write for a couple music sites so you can take a glance at my stuff below if you like. Let me know what there might be to check out and perhaps I could lend a hand  :)

http://www.thearizonareview.com/author/sethrichtsmeier

http://myrecradio.com/jewel_case.htm
(only items authored by "Seth")