Author Topic: Anyone else annoyed by the popups?  (Read 2573 times)

Anyone else annoyed by the popups?
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:20:34 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
OK,

Having run a website before, I fully understand the need for a revenue stream, but these constant popups that require me to click close are getting annoying.

Banner Ads - cool, sponsors - very cool, but ads popping up as I am attempting to post a thought are intrusive.  And the thing is, they aren't off to the side like many of the pop ups are they are front and center.

Anyone else or am I an island on this?
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

Re: Anyone else annoyed by the popups?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 08:24:40 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I don't get any pop ups  ;D

Firefox+addblock Plus = no adds ever

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:33:18 AM »

Offline SportsCapNative

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
  • "No one Ever Really Dies"

Yea I'm using firefox and I'm not having any problems with pop-ups. But I do know what your talking about SShoreFan, I used this site the other day on IE because FF was doing an update download, and yea, the pop-ups were kind of annoying. Every time you'd scroll over the ad banner the freaking thing would come down over the screen. I'd close it and mistakenly scroll over it again, and then another pop-up. Very annoying at the time, but I'm good right now.

The Sports Capital of America

New England Patriots \\\'01 \\\'03 \\\'04 - Boston Red Sox \\\'04 \\\'07 - Boston Celtics \\\'08

I love Tony Allen!

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:13:01 AM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202

Yea I'm using firefox and I'm not having any problems with pop-ups. But I do know what your talking about SShoreFan, I used this site the other day on IE because FF was doing an update download, and yea, the pop-ups were kind of annoying. Every time you'd scroll over the ad banner the freaking thing would come down over the screen. I'd close it and mistakenly scroll over it again, and then another pop-up. Very annoying at the time, but I'm good right now.

I'll look at switching browsers - thanks!
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 09:24:27 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Yes, just a little. I don't know if we all get the same popups but there is a gigantic Gantlinburg one that seems to follow me all over the screen.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird