Author Topic: Celticsblog's community comes shining through again.  (Read 6988 times)

Celticsblog's community comes shining through again.
« on: August 05, 2008, 10:52:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I just wanted to remark on what a great sense of community and in a smaller sense, family, Celticsblog can be. Recently, two members of our community needed to air some personal stuff as a way of venting, and not like the commercial venting, and in a way asked for our support.

And what did the membership at Celticsblog do? They came out and showed themselves to be every bit of a champion as the team we love and follow. And for those who have not been a part of Celticsblog that long, these aren't the first such occurrences of these type of things. They have occurred before, from prom advice, to advice on the best place to stay, to sites to see in a specific area, to support through tough times to even, if I remember right, a member wanting advice on whether to get his hair cut short like his mom wanted.

Back before the internet, blogs, chatrooms and all these other technological wonders that we have today, the best anyone could do in cases like these were to turn to a family member or friend. Sometimes that can be awkward or just down right not feasible. We would be alone in trying to decide certain things or have no support when it was most needed. But today the internet provides an alternative. Many of them. From support sites, to unlimited knowledge, to IM, to Celticsblog.

I just wanted those who are new to this community to know what a classy place it is and exactly what type of people come here to gather and voice their minds on the Celtics and other issues. Remember something about Celticsblog.

THIS IS NOT JUST A CELTIC BASKETBALL SITE!

This is a Celtic community, a gathering of friends, a gathering of cohorts, a gathering of family.

Remember that when posting in community related forums because you never know, maybe the next person looking for advice or wanting an opinion or needing a helping hand or looking for a place to just let things out, will be you.

If I could I'd give a TP to all those that recently helped out our friends Jsaad and South Shore Fan. It might not have been much that we did, but when in need, every little bit counts.

Re: Celticsblog's community comes shining through again.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 10:58:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't think that is the type of 'shining' Nick was talking about.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:00:15 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yes, well said, Nick.  I hate it when people say "Can't we just talk about the Celtics?!"  Sure, and we have a forum for that, called "Celtics talk".  However, CB has become a true mini-community, and it's good people can get some different perspectives on things.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 11:02:58 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I hearya Nick...well said.

I think tis calls for a Group Hug!

You told me you'd never show
that to anyone!!!  :-[

On a more serious note, kudos
to Mr. Agneta, our fave Sicilian.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:13:17 AM by Redz »

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
It's time like these that I regret that my workplace filters images.  Perhaps I shouldn't, though, as I know what passes for Redz' "sense of humor". ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 11:07:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
It's time like these that I regret that my workplace filters images.  Perhaps I shouldn't, though, as I know what passes for Redz' "sense of humor". ;)
Let's put it to you this way. It's a picture of a group of guys hugging and if it was a group of girls hugging dressed the same way, it would have been instantly edited.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Sorry.  I couldn't help it...If it's any way of explanation I needed something to make me laugh as I had to bring my 5 year old to work today because she was acting up to the point of not being allowed togo to camp today.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Redz seems to like professional male bodybuilders. 

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Redz seems to like professional male bodybuilders. 

I know, I had already "exposed" the staff to that photo before, but it seemed appropriate to share with the masses.

Is this one better? (I think not)

OK, maybe this one
Yup

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 11:12:41 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Let's put it to you this way. It's a picture of a group of guys hugging and if it was a group of girls hugging dressed the same way, it would have been instantly edited.

Fair enough.  I'll remove the photo.

Pardon my lapse of judgment
Yup

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

I'm going to guess that nick was just being descriptive, rather than complaining.

See, I was just going to call for some equal time for female-oriented pics, with the caveat that they be sent to my PM inbox. ;)

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I'm going to guess that nick was just being descriptive, rather than complaining.

See, I was just going to call for some equal time for female-oriented pics, with the caveat that they be sent to my PM inbox. ;)

I am sending you one now.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 11:24:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Nah, he was absolutely right I shouldn't have put it up.  Sometimes I can't help myself from myself. 
Yup

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Haha.  Touche', wdleehi.

It's probably time for us to get back on topic, huh?  Although this is probably part of the community building that nick was talking about it, so maybe it's all good.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:29:57 AM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I was complaining. Just trying to paint a picture. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it.