Author Topic: TP to Post Ratio  (Read 40970 times)

Re: TP to Post Ratio
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2008, 05:53:17 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
it's always going to be that way. i honestly try to give them out for well thought out posts for every angle of discussion, but were human, and subconsciously at least, arguments that agree with your point of view are going to appear better constructed.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2008, 06:23:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
it's always going to be that way. i honestly try to give them out for well thought out posts for every angle of discussion, but were human, and subconsciously at least, arguments that agree with your point of view are going to appear better constructed.

I agree 100%. It almost hurts you to swim against the current. I racked up a good amount of TPs during playoff game threads rooting the C's on, but then hit a brick wall when I suggested trading Ray Allen this summer. Although, I tried to make a good intelligent argument backed up by stats, it was a very unpopular view. I felt like Henry Fonda in the first 30 minutes of "Twelve Angry Men".
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2008, 06:27:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
but then, how do we change it?

By moderators bringing attention to the disparity. ;)

Seriously, though, I hope it didn't come across like I was lecturing anybody.  It certainly wasn't my intent.  In light of this thread, though, it was interesting to see several well-respected, articulate members with ratios of less than 20-to-1 (Tim and Who just being two of them).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2008, 06:35:09 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I often give a TP to someone who disagrees with me, yet makes valid points to their argument in a way that is not just trying to be nasty. They are truly trying to discuss their point of view and consider others thoughts. Usually things meet in the middle and then I think a TP is warranted.

« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2008, 08:40:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
sure tp's are fun and i apreciate any i earn...but i think they should be viewed purely for fun and entertainment. i dont think they honestly reflect one's true contribution or attitudes towards them amongst the blog members and mods. they are simply a fun little novelty and should be viewed as such.  nothing more, nothing less.  just my two cents.

« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
sure tp's are fun and i apreciate any i earn...but i think they should be viewed purely for fun and entertainment. i dont think they honestly reflect one's true contribution or attitudes towards them amongst the blog members and mods. they are simply a fun little novelty and should be viewed as such.  nothing more, nothing less.  just my two cents.

Following the Redzdeadbabyredzdead fashion trend Dark_Lord? 

;) Less is the new more!
Yup

« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2008, 10:08:58 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man

I agree ;D (mind you, I think my ratio is lik 1 to 37) haha
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2008, 07:49:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Following the Redzdeadbabyredzdead fashion trend Dark_Lord? 

;) Less is the new more!