Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 398017 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2019, 08:35:12 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
While everyone talks about the Clippers and Lakers, I think many are sleeping on Houston. I think the Clippers come out of the West, but Houston will likely finish a Top-2 seed and probably face the Clips in the WCF IMO

Remember, who stopped a fantastic Houston team all these previous years from making the Finals? The Spurs once when they still had their main guys (+ Leonard), and the Warriors when they had the Big-4. Neither exist anymore, and they upgraded from CP3 to Westbrook. I don't think LAL has an answer for the Rockets superstars. Is Lebron supposed to be defending Harden? Will Rondo, KCP and Kuzma defend well against those guys? (lol)

I don’t think it’s very original to think that Houston is one of the top 2 teams in the West.

« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2019, 08:39:50 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Heat outlasts the Bucks

Man the Heat really tried to give that game away.  at least 6 missed fts in clutch time.

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2019, 11:21:37 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
While everyone talks about the Clippers and Lakers, I think many are sleeping on Houston. I think the Clippers come out of the West, but Houston will likely finish a Top-2 seed and probably face the Clips in the WCF IMO

Remember, who stopped a fantastic Houston team all these previous years from making the Finals? The Spurs once when they still had their main guys (+ Leonard), and the Warriors when they had the Big-4. Neither exist anymore, and they upgraded from CP3 to Westbrook. I don't think LAL has an answer for the Rockets superstars. Is Lebron supposed to be defending Harden? Will Rondo, KCP and Kuzma defend well against those guys? (lol)

I don’t think it’s very original to think that Houston is one of the top 2 teams in the West.

From what I saw against the Pelicans, defence is going to be the issue for Houston. While they have guys who can score lots of points once you reach the playoffs you can't rely on just trying to outscore teams and giving up lots of points. Every turnover counts twice in those games.

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2019, 11:28:22 PM »

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Is there an opportunity Celtics trade Hayward for Kevin love and kantner for Baynes?

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2019, 11:31:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Is there an opportunity Celtics trade Hayward for Kevin love and kantner for Baynes?
Not unless Danny decides he wants us to be worse.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2019, 11:34:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Hayward may well prove to be the key cog because of his willingness to share the ball and find the open guy - plus his overall basketball IQ at both ends of the court.

« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2019, 11:48:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Phoenix plays well despite loss of Ayton. Kaminski looks much leaner and more athletic than his time st Charlotte. They’re even with Clips in 3rd quarter. Kawhi having an off night so far.

« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2019, 11:50:09 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Kanter has only played one game for us, played really well and already you want him traded?

And for Aaron Baynes???  >:(

« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2019, 11:52:19 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Kanter has only played one game for us, played really well and already you want him traded?

I mean in fairness Aaron Baynes is about a million times better on defense than Kanter, can occasionally shoot a three, and would be a perfect fit for this team. I think PHO would say no.

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2019, 11:52:49 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Hayward may well prove to be the key cog because of his willingness to share the ball and find the open guy - plus his overall basketball IQ at both ends of the court.

Agreed. I still notice a little bit of hesitation on Hayward though. Like he's still not quite share whether to pass or shoot, just seems indecisive like he's still not sure of himself or afraid he might ruffle someone's feathers. He needs to get over that. Look at Tatum, he shoots the ball even when he doesn't have a clean look ;)

« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2019, 11:53:51 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I mean in fairness Aaron Baynes is about a million times better on defense than Kanter, can occasionally shoot a three, and would be a perfect fit for this team. I think PHO would say no.

He also gets injured quite often. I've moved on from him. Wish others could as well. Also, Kanter wasn't exactly a slouch on defense in Philly and seemed to hold his own. But, some people already have this pre-conceived narrative in their heads without giving someone a chance.

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2019, 12:00:49 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

He also gets injured quite often. I've moved on from him. Wish others could as well. Also, Kanter wasn't exactly a slouch on defense in Philly and seemed to hold his own. But, some people already have this pre-conceived narrative in their heads without giving someone a chance.

He has has been one of the worst defensive bigs in the league the last few years, tho I will say he was a bit better last year in the playoffs. The "pre-conceved narrative" is well earned. There is a reason he's making roughly the same money as Baynes, value wise they are similar. Its just a matter of what a given team needs.

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2019, 12:00:52 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Suns lead Clips89-80 near end of 3rd.

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2019, 12:26:09 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Looks like the Suns will be good this year. They almost beat the Nuggets too the other night.

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2019, 12:39:31 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

To be honest, I'm not sure if that's really an upgrade, as I see their games not fitting together well at all where Paul was a very ideal counterpart to Harden.