Author Topic: 2015 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 131066 times)

Re: 2015 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
So what are we all drinking?

I think you're the only one tipping it back.  Nobody else on here would post words like "intellectual faculties" without being drunk, high, or from another planet.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I might have the last bottle of a locally brewed wheat beer (Carmel Wheat Beer) I bought a six-pack of last week.
nows the time to enjoy it. i have some home made rice wine ready to go. great stuff.

i hope this thread doesnt turn into a royal p---ing contest like so many other threads today.

geez, for something that is supposed to be fun some folks are really angry.  ???
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 06:25:16 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
So, I asked this elsewhere but never got an answer:

I'm curious as to how trades regarding draft position work--specifically when they are announced. Say, for instance, hypothetically in dreamland, the Celtics trade 16,28,33 and 45 for the Knicks 4th pick. When would I, as a viewer, be made aware of said transaction? Would I only find out after the Knicks picked someone at 4? Or would I have to wait until the Celtics made their selection at 16? I wouldn't have to wait all the way to 45 to find out about the trade, will I?

Frankly, I just want to know when I can expect the news that we've traded ___X___ for ___higher pick___. If we get all the way through the first round and there's no news of a trade, does that mean a trade (up) isn't happening?

Draft Experts! Assist me!
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 06:25:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

chimay blue

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Fair warning for anyone wanting to be surprised by the official announcements:

Twitter will have the picks 2-3 minutes before they actually happen, which means they'll show up here too. 

Happy drafting folks!

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 06:28:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I think you're the only one tipping it back.  Nobody else on here would post words like "intellectual faculties" without being drunk, high, or from another planet.

I am sorry your vocabulary is limited. Please don't ruin this thread with whatever weird pettiness you hold about threads on the internet.

For the record, I will be drinking some Baxter Brewing Company IPA once it's cold enough.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

I might have the last bottle of a locally brewed wheat beer (Carmel Wheat Beer) I bought a six-pack of last week.
nows the time to enjoy it. i have some home made rice wine ready to go. great stuff.

i hope this thread doesnt turn into a royal p---ing contest like so many other threads today.

geez, for something that is supposed to be fun some folks are really angry.  ???
Wouldnt count on it.

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 06:28:38 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

"Lapland´s Gold"

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
So, I asked this elsewhere but never got an answer:

I'm curious as to how trades regarding draft position work--specifically when they are announced. Say, for instance, hypothetically in dreamland, the Celtics trade 16,28,33 and 45 for the Knicks 4th pick. When would I, as a viewer, be made aware of said transaction? Would I only find out after the Knicks picked someone at 4? Or would I have to wait until the Celtics made their selection at 16? I wouldn't have to wait all the way to 45 to find out about the trade, will I?

Frankly, I just want to know when I can expect the news that we've traded ___X___ for ___higher pick___. If we get all the way through the first round and there's no news of a trade, does that mean a trade (up) isn't happening?

Draft Experts! Assist me!

tomorrow, as I understand it.  pretty sure teams can only select players today. 

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Still at work but leaving in ~5...will be throwing back Wild Turkey + Cokes.  Cheers!

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

I am sorry your vocabulary is limited. Please don't ruin this thread with whatever weird pettiness you hold about threads on the internet.

For the record, I will be drinking some Baxter Brewing Company IPA once it's cold enough.

No worries.  Just giving you a bad time.

Enjoy.

Good luck in the draft tonight.

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

Twitter will have the picks 2-3 minutes before they actually happen, which means they'll show up here too. 

Happy drafting folks!
THIS!
I hope that people won't post the picks before they are announced. It ruins the excitement of watching the official announcements :-\
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2015, 06:32:25 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Starting with 312 Urban Pale Ale. May crack a bomber of Dogfish Head 75 minute that I've been holding onto for awhile.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Happy drafting folks!
THIS!
I hope that people won't post the picks before they are announced. It ruins the excitement of watching the official announcements :-\
TP for the warning! I think I will just watch the draft and come back to this to see how C's blog feels after each of our moves tonight be it picks or trades.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Starting with 312 Urban Pale Ale. May crack a bomber of Dogfish Head 75 minute that I've been holding onto for awhile.

contingent on a possible Cousins-to-the-Lakers trade?  ;D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.