Author Topic: Does NO trade AD now?  (Read 4227 times)

Re: Does NO trade AD now?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 09:46:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If they do, they have a chance to position themselves in the same way the Golden State Warriors did...

meaning, they could trade Zion for the best offer (#4 pick, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball) and position themselves to have cap space to add another couple stars since everyone is on rookie deals.
Except that definitely isn't the best trade offer out there, and they already turned them down before. I don't see a reason for them to accept it now.

Agreed. The new offer includes the #4 pick, which the old one didn't, but this draft may be only 2 or 3 deep.

The lottery did, though, make it more expensive for the Celtics.

Mike
so many people are writing this but i do not see how. please explain.

to me, AD still wants to leave since the relationship with the management is poor and williamson is NOT  going to make NO a contender. he is a rookie and will have growing pains and have to learn the nba. at least a few years away.

AD doesnt want to wait, why should he for rookie?

next, NO may want to rebuild around williamson, so they want players of similar ages and picks. boston still has a very attractive package of players and picks.

Agree.

Celts still have the most attractive assets.

Davis is not staying in Orleans for a rebuild.

Celts do not have the most attractive. New York still does. Their draft picks are stronger than ours this year and future years plus Mitchell Robinson and Dennis Jr... if NY wants him and he fits the cap bill he will be in NY
maybe. but if tatum is part of the package he becomes the best piece in any trade going to NO. plus, the memphis pick may carry some weight. so, we shall see and i suspect we will see sooner rather than later.

The Memphis pick is a golden egg.

It's not like star players like Kevin Durant are going to Memphis any time soon.

That means the Griz will a lottery team for a few more years.

And if the Griz are horrible next season, that means the 2021 pick will become unprotected.
Anyone counting on that Grizzlies pick being great in two seasons didn't learn any lessons from watching De'Aaron Fox in his 2nd season.

Ja Morant seems like a special talent, but the Kings had young and hungry rookies with a great blend of veterans.

Fox, Giles, Bagley, (underrated rookie,) and some of the hottest shooting from Hield.

I mean who does Griz really have? No cap space, Jonas V, Bradley, Conley, and some rookies in Brooks.

Not to mention their system has been up and down to a point where even the mild mannered Conley already said peace out.

You're looking at their current roster like it has any bearing on what it will look like two seasons from now.

They could get assets for Conley.  Morant could be a star.  They could end up with another star prospect in the 2020 draft.   They could sign vets around those guys...  and you could be looking at another worthless #14 pick in 2021.

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 09:47:02 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
If they do, they have a chance to position themselves in the same way the Golden State Warriors did...

meaning, they could trade Zion for the best offer (#4 pick, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball) and position themselves to have cap space to add another couple stars since everyone is on rookie deals.
Except that definitely isn't the best trade offer out there, and they already turned them down before. I don't see a reason for them to accept it now.

Agreed. The new offer includes the #4 pick, which the old one didn't, but this draft may be only 2 or 3 deep.

Mike

to me, AD still wants to leave since the relationship with the management is poor and williamson is NOT  going to make NO a contender. he is a rookie and will have growing pains and have to learn the nba. at least a few years away.

next, NO may want to rebuild around williamson, so they want players of similar ages and picks. boston still has a very attractive package of players and picks.

Agree.

Celts do not have the most attractive. New York still does. Their draft picks are stronger than ours this year and future years plus Mitchell Robinson and Dennis Jr... if NY wants him and he fits the cap bill he will be in NY
maybe. but if tatum is part of the package he becomes the best piece in any trade going to NO. plus, the memphis pick may carry some weight. so, we shall see and i suspect we will see sooner rather than later.

It's not like star players like Kevin Durant are going to Memphis any time soon.

And if the Griz are horrible next season, that means the 2021 pick will become unprotected.
Anyone counting on that Grizzlies pick being great in two seasons didn't learn any lessons from watching De'Aaron Fox in his 2nd season.

What you're saying is possible.

But what happened to Fox and the Kings don't happen often in the NBA.

Even the Sixers took a while to be relevant again.

If you don't believe in the 2021 unprotected Griz pick then how about the 2020 top 6 protected Griz pick?

That's still a top 10 pick.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:53 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Chris Mannix says Kyrie Irving has one of the smallest "inner circles" he's seen.

Says it's basically his father and only he knows what Kyrie is doing

I hope his dad is telling Kyrie that him AD could become legends.

Chris isn't that informed then because Alex is right in there

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 09:48:55 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Mike

Agree.

Ja Morant seems like a special talent, but the Kings had young and hungry rookies with a great blend of veterans.

Fox, Giles, Bagley, (underrated rookie,) and some of the hottest shooting from Hield.

I mean who does Griz really have? No cap space, Jonas V, Bradley, Conley, and some rookies in Brooks.

Not to mention their system has been up and down to a point where even the mild mannered Conley already said peace out.

You're looking at their current roster like it has any bearing on what it will look like two seasons from now.

They could get assets for Conley.  Morant could be a star.  They could end up with another star prospect in the 2020 draft.   They could sign vets around those guys...  and you could be looking at another worthless #14 pick in 2021.

It will not be a problem of the Celts if the AD trade to Boston happens.

The point is the 2020 top 6 Griz pick or 2021 unprotected Griz pick has some real value.

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2019, 09:54:11 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Maybe Cousins would agree to come back to NO on another make-goid contract

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 10:12:20 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
https://twitter.com/theathleticnba/status/1128479301500907520?s=21

@TheAthleticNBA

"Our #NBA Insider @ShamsCharania reports that, despite the Pelicans winning the No. 1 pick in the Draft Lottery, Anthony Davis' stance on a trade hasn't changed.

So what should the Pels do? What should other teams offer? Join our subscriber discussion."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:18:30 PM by LakersFan_33 »

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
But yeah, I'm gonna be 100...I'm sure they are going to trade the pick (even if it isn't for AD), but I really wish they would just draft, and grow the team organically...I know it will never happen with Lebron though.