Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339695 times)

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread (Merged Threads)
« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2019, 03:01:40 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
The Anthony Davis thing is not a sure thing.

That's why I want the Celts to make a move for Vucevic on or before the trade deadline.

Vucevic will be an insurance policy in case the Celts don't get AD in the summer.

Horford's getting old, Celts need a replacement.

Besides, if the Celts have Vucevic and Horford, Horford automatically becomes a stretch 4.

« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Pack it up guys, the Celtics aren't getting him:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/anthony-davis-odds-celtics-trail-lakers-favorites-land-all-star

;)

What are they even basing that on? Are you familiar with the system? I believe it's just subjective speculation

« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2019, 04:05:14 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That's why I want the Celts to make a move for Vucevic on or before the trade deadline.

Vucevic will be an insurance policy in case the Celts don't get AD in the summer.

Besides, if the Celts have Vucevic and Horford, Horford automatically becomes a stretch 4.

Is that the same insurance policy that has us keeping Rozier should Kyrie bolt? Imagine, instead of Kyrie and AD, we end up with Rozier and Vucevic...I think I would rather just roll with taking a chance on AD and seeing if it materializes. I'm still not sure how LAL beats our top offer.

« Reply #423 on: January 23, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If the Pelicans dont want to mess up their future for their next 5 seasons... have to trade Davis

I wouldnt discount if 10 plus teams are calling the Pelicans gm right now

-Lakers will offer Pope, Ingram, Hart, multiple 1sts (guess)
-Raptors will offer anything under the sun outside of Leonard
-Celtics will offer Brown, Rozier and Horford

I hope Celts win the Davis sweepstake

« Reply #424 on: January 23, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Is that the same insurance policy that has us keeping Rozier should Kyrie bolt? Imagine, instead of Kyrie and AD, we end up with Rozier and Vucevic...I think I would rather just roll with taking a chance on AD and seeing if it materializes. I'm still not sure how LAL beats our top offer.

Kyrie already said he will re-sign with Boston.

Unless something really drastic happens, Kyrie's staying in Boston.

« Reply #425 on: January 23, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yuck. Vucevic is not a good piece on our team... What is with this board's infatuation with Vucevic? He's having an Allstar season... But he is a slow footed center who cannot defend on the PnR, and will get smoked if he gets switched onto a guard.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2019, 05:35:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Yuck. Vucevic is not a good piece on our team... What is with this board's infatuation with Vucevic? He's having an Allstar season... But he is a slow footed center who cannot defend on the PnR, and will get smoked if he gets switched onto a guard.
Some team is going to be kicking themselves in a couple years when they overpay for Vucevic this offseason. 

« Reply #427 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:03 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Some team is going to be kicking themselves in a couple years when they overpay for Vucevic this offseason.

This is the perfect time to trade for Vucevic because he becomes a FA at the end of the season.

It's a low risk high reward deal as it will most likely only cost the Celts Rozier, Yabu, a pick, and Morris or Baynes.

Rozier and Morris are going to become FAs at the end of the season.
So if the Celts does not plan on giving Morris and Rozier big contracts, in the summer, it's a wise move as the Celts will be able to see if Vucevic is a good fit.

If Vucevic is not a good fit then Celts just let him go.

But if Vucevic fits in, you now have a Center who can rebound and score inside.
That will automatically make Horford a stretch 4.

From what I've seen the last 2 playoff seasons, if Horford is the best Center we have, it's not going to end well for the Cs.

Teams like the Bucks, Raptors, and Sixers have gotten better.
Celts need to keep up.

« Reply #428 on: January 23, 2019, 06:13:54 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If the Pelicans dont want to mess up their future for their next 5 seasons... have to trade Davis

I wouldnt discount if 10 plus teams are calling the Pelicans gm right now

-Lakers will offer Pope, Ingram, Hart, multiple 1sts (guess)
-Raptors will offer anything under the sun outside of Leonard
-Celtics will offer Brown, Rozier and Horford

I hope Celts win the Davis sweepstake

It makes a lot of sense that Horford would be leaving with Davis coming, but maybe not so much on the Pelicans end as they would probably be rebuilding at that point.  However there are enough competing teams with big expiring expiring contracts next year that would probably like Horford in a 3 team deal such as the Blazers, Clippers, and Spurs.  For example I could see the Blazers sending expiring contracts of Turner, Myers Leanord, and at least 1 first round pick the Pelicans way in addition to the Pelicans receiving Brown and the Grizzlies pick from us. 

Another recent dream scenario for me is Morris, Smart (would be sad to lose him though), Rozier, (salary filler Bird), Kings pick for Beal. 

Add more picks to either deal to sweeten and close the deal or maybe switch a name or 2 in either deal, and you are left with.

Irving
Beal
Tatum
Hayward
Davis

Bench does it matter? Ha we would still have some holdovers and we can use exceptions to sign role players.

I have a feeling Tatum, and not Brown would have to go in a Davis deal, but that still works well for us.

« Reply #429 on: January 23, 2019, 06:15:46 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
The Pelicans will be asking for Jayson Tatum, not Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #430 on: January 23, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I'm sure they will ask for both, plus our stash of picks, and will not accept any counter offers that do not include Tatum.

« Reply #431 on: January 23, 2019, 06:34:58 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

I'm sure they will ask for both, plus our stash of picks, and will not accept any counter offers that do not include Tatum.

Agree.

« Reply #432 on: January 23, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It's not a board infatuation with Vucevic. It's just 4 or so posters that are calling for Vucevic over many threads. Makes it seem more than it is

Ainge has pretty much already said to expect no trades before the deadline. I believe him. I think he stays with this group this year and then will see what happens after the Finals are done. Maybe trade for AD. Maybe just draft and fill in parts to replace Morris and Rozier and Theis. Maybe restructure Horford, re-sign Kyrie and use the Horford re-sign savings to re-sign Morris.

I don't see Vucevic as being a part of the Celtics anytime soon.

« Reply #433 on: January 23, 2019, 07:07:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

The problem here is, I'm pretty sure the C's will also have to give up someone like Morris or Baynes, and 1, maybe 2 future first rounders (not the Kings/Grizzlies pick) to acquire him. People act like we can just flip Rozier and a pick to get him which is not true. And Morris in particular has been a big part of why we're still in a nice spot despite how sluggish/inconsistent we were to start the year.

Ainge will inquire but I doubt anything really comes out of it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #434 on: January 23, 2019, 07:22:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This from Shams:

Anthony Davis doesn't intend to request a trade, will wait until the off-season to make a 'full evaluation' of his future with the Pelicans, per @ShamsCharania

At least this takes the Fakers out from trading for him before the deadline. That’s really good news for us!

I’m sure that the pelicans want a full out bidding war for Anthony Davis to include us this summer. Doesn’t mean we are getting him, as our offer could be used by them to squeeze out more from the Lakers or someone else (Philly).