Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Season  (Read 86248 times)

Re: Patriots 2019 Season
« Reply #630 on: January 12, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Julian Edelman arrested in Beverly Hills for jumping on a Mercedes and damaging it. While socializing with Paul Pierce and Danny Amendola.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-julian-edelman-arrested-after-jumping-on-the-hood-of-someone-elses-mercedes-161712215.html

I love this. I understand that there may be damage (which I'm sure he'll pay for), but it's about the least offensive arrest in the history of sports.

Also, total bummer that the Pats were terrible to finish the season. If they had just taken care of Miami, the road to the SB would be so much easier with TEN taking out BAL. At this point, how can you not be rooting for TEN? They took out both the mighty Pats and the #1 seed.

The Pats weren't mighty this year, and they probably would've still lost in Foxboro to the Chiefs if they were the 2-seed.
I thought this too, but after seeing what's happening to the Chiefs today...
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #631 on: January 12, 2020, 03:50:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Julian Edelman arrested in Beverly Hills for jumping on a Mercedes and damaging it. While socializing with Paul Pierce and Danny Amendola.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-julian-edelman-arrested-after-jumping-on-the-hood-of-someone-elses-mercedes-161712215.html

I love this. I understand that there may be damage (which I'm sure he'll pay for), but it's about the least offensive arrest in the history of sports.

Also, total bummer that the Pats were terrible to finish the season. If they had just taken care of Miami, the road to the SB would be so much easier with TEN taking out BAL. At this point, how can you not be rooting for TEN? They took out both the mighty Pats and the #1 seed.

The Pats weren't mighty this year, and they probably would've still lost in Foxboro to the Chiefs if they were the 2-seed.

The other Edelman news being the shoulder and knee surgery.  No one here will be surprised at that. 

He wasn't able to be himself over much of the last half of the season -- capped off by the missed 1st down catch that could have sustained a GW drive.  Whether it was the mobility in his shoulders and/or the reality that he was going to get clobbered again when his body had just had enough -- that drop was something we rarely see from Edelman.  Hopefully the off-season, the surgery, and the Mercedes stomp are enough to get him healthy, clear his head, and be ready for a huge 2020 season.

Haha - Mercedes stomp...but, yeah, once Edelman became a non-factor, the Pats went down the toilet.

And, oh man, 21-0 HOU over KC right now. These playoffs are something else so far. At least the Pats sniped a SB last year.

« Reply #632 on: January 12, 2020, 05:04:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I got to admit, it's been a weird feeling knowing the Pats are eliminated in early January.

I guess we're so used to them playing deep into January that the past few weekends have felt strange, and boring lol.

Actually, this is the 1st time in over 3 years the Pats aren't in contention during the postseason, since they made the SB the last three years in a row.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #633 on: January 12, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
With McDaniels likely returning it has to be more likely Brady will.  I’m looking forward to seeing what BB will bring in for weapons for Brady if he returns.

« Reply #634 on: January 12, 2020, 05:25:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
With McDaniels likely returning it has to be more likely Brady will.  I’m looking forward to seeing what BB will bring in for weapons for Brady if he returns.

I know cap space will be a slight issue. But if someone like OBJ becomes available, you POUNCE to acquire him. Someone like OBJ + a solid TE (either through signing or Draft) to go along with Edelman/Sanu/Harry and our RBs would be great. Get back Andrews + Develin, and you got something. Might need a Thuney replacement if he leaves, but I trust they can do that.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #635 on: January 12, 2020, 05:43:56 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

I know cap space will be a slight issue. But if someone like OBJ becomes available, you POUNCE to acquire him. Someone like OBJ + a solid TE (either through signing or Draft) to go along with Edelman/Sanu/Harry and our RBs would be great. Get back Andrews + Develin, and you got something. Might need a Thuney replacement if he leaves, but I trust they can do that.

Pats have pick 23. Other than the 23rd (Wynn) in 2018, Pats haven't picked that high since 2012.  They own a ton of late round picks  but no 2nd (Sanu).  Bill probably packages the 1st with 6th or 7th and ends up with a couple 2nds (or something). 

Anyone know how compensatory picks work and what NE will get in this draft?

« Reply #636 on: January 12, 2020, 05:52:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Pats have pick 23. Other than the 23rd (Wynn) in 2018, Pats haven't picked that high since 2012.  They own a ton of late round picks  but no 2nd (Sanu).  Bill probably packages the 1st with 6th or 7th and ends up with a couple 2nds (or something). 

Anyone know how compensatory picks work and what NE will get in this draft?
2 picks at end of 3rd round and 2 more picks at the end of 6th round.