Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Season  (Read 86230 times)

Re: Patriots 2019 Season
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2019, 06:07:05 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I think Brady will play until he's 45, like he's said many times.

But would it surprise me if he did end up retiring after this season if they win the Super Bowl? Honestly, not really. By then, he'll have 7 rings (more than ANY single franchise in history - including the Steelers who as a franchise has 6). Most rings of anyone besides basically Bill Russell. Most in the NFL I believe.

Again, I still think he'll play for 2-3 more years with New England and that these recent reports are mostly just fluff. It just wouldn't surprise me if he did retire after another SB win, as that would be him leaving on a high, and probably historic note not just in football, but all of sports.

What would surprise me though, is if Brady is playing on another team after this season. I mean, that would shock me a ton. I think he'll either play for 2-3 more years here, or retire after this season. I don't think there's an "in-between" (barring some major injury which ultimately ends his career), and I highly doubt he plays elsewhere.

Can't see him ever playing for another team. That would be like Michael Jordan going to Washington for a couple of forgettable seasons. I doubt Tom would want to mess up his legacy by doing that but stranger things have happened.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Can someone explain in detail to me where all of this stuff about Brady playing elsewhere next season is coming from? I saw the video of Schefter's comments about Brady and his trainer selling their houses; is that what started all of this? And ESPN Boston has a video today of someone saying the Bears and Raiders could be good landing spots for Brady next season, but I don't know why Brady would want to play for either of those teams (outside of Oakland being near where he's from), or really any team besides NE. Or why NE wouldn't want Brady next season.

haven't we been having this conversation about brady possibly leaving for several seasons now? 

at Tom's age it's always an open question if he's going to retire after the current season, his comments about playing until he's 45 notwithstanding, and people have been speculating for years now that Bill secretly wants to win a SB without Brady.

i won't believe Brady is gone until he's gone, though.

Yeah, the general question has been there for several seasons, but just in the last few days I've seen several "news" items (:P) about how Brady might play elsewhere next season, and I wasn't sure if they stemmed from Schefter's comments or something else.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2019, 04:42:49 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It seems like Belichick is taking any situation where Gostkowski would be kicking a FG (but Nugent doesn't have the leg for), and is just going for it. He doesn't care about the yardage for the first down - if it's within a normal kicking range, just go for it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
I think Brady will play until he's 45, like he's said many times.

But would it surprise me if he did end up retiring after this season if they win the Super Bowl? Honestly, not really. By then, he'll have 7 rings (more than ANY single franchise in history - including the Steelers who as a franchise has 6). Most rings of anyone besides basically Bill Russell. Most in the NFL I believe.

Again, I still think he'll play for 2-3 more years with New England and that these recent reports are mostly just fluff. It just wouldn't surprise me if he did retire after another SB win, as that would be him leaving on a high, and probably historic note not just in football, but all of sports.

What would surprise me though, is if Brady is playing on another team after this season. I mean, that would shock me a ton. I think he'll either play for 2-3 more years here, or retire after this season. I don't think there's an "in-between" (barring some major injury which ultimately ends his career), and I highly doubt he plays elsewhere.

Can't see him ever playing for another team. That would be like Michael Jordan going to Washington for a couple of forgettable seasons. I doubt Tom would want to mess up his legacy by doing that but stranger things have happened.

For the record, MJ wasn’t all that shabby in Washington.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2019, 06:02:12 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I’m not loving this game.  Pats leaving points on the field, and were beneficiaries of a couple breaks which could go the other way in the 2nd half.  Browns running well.  Need to stop Cleveland after halftime or this one may get away from them. Despite the giveaways and the flags, Cleveland looks like they believe. 

« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I’m not loving this game.  Pats leaving points on the field, and were beneficiaries of a couple breaks which could go the other way in the 2nd half.  Browns running well.  Need to stop Cleveland after halftime or this one may get away from them. Despite the giveaways and the flags, Cleveland looks like they believe.

Haven't gotten to see any of it, but just going by the box score, it seems like the Pats offense isn't doing much.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2019, 06:36:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Haven't gotten to see any of it, but just going by the box score, it seems like the Pats offense isn't doing much.

Looking a little better.  Sony actually making yards after contact.

« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2019, 07:15:26 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Is freddie Kitchens the worst coach in the NFL?

What a joke.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2019, 09:43:53 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

What a joke.

Can't believe he gave up 5 yards because he didn't want to waste a timeout

« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2019, 12:17:15 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Patriots defense still good. They were up against Nick Chubb, Browns' best player on the team. Can see why they had a little bit of trouble containing him plus the rain.

Patriots offense, however, needs to get it together. And sadly, Mike Nugent isn't the answer. Belichick needs to make a trade for an OL player or a TE who can create redzone threat. Otherwise, this team will have trouble scoring TDs in the redzone.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2019, 02:23:03 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Patriots defense still good. They were up against Nick Chubb, Browns' best player on the team. Can see why they had a little bit of trouble containing him plus the rain.

Patriots offense, however, needs to get it together. And sadly, Mike Nugent isn't the answer. Belichick needs to make a trade for an OL player or a TE who can create redzone threat. Otherwise, this team will have trouble scoring TDs in the redzone.
I don’t see another trade coming.

Have to hope Wynn comes back and solves the Offensive Line(remember Shaq Mason was out today too and he should be back) and as Sanu gets integrated he could be a red zone threat. Harry could also provide some help in this area.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

What a joke.

Matt Nagy is giving him a run for his money right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
The patriots defense is a better offense than our opponents offense so far.

« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2019, 12:13:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The patriots defense is a better offense than our opponents offense so far.

Maybe better than OUR offense as well of late.

« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2019, 01:18:11 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Well we got rid of Nugent and picked up Nick Folk apparently.