Author Topic: Trade Ideas for Mirotic or Randle.  (Read 4872 times)

Re: Trade Ideas for Mirotic or Randle.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 01:54:47 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
If we are trading with the Pels, I'm only targetting AD.  8)

Obviously, we cannot trade for AD this season while we have Kyrie. How about a 3-way with the Sixers though?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaff23jr

The Pels get the Kings pick as well + more picks if necessary.

Basically the idea is:

AD to Boston
Kyrie to Philly *
Simmons + Kings pick + more pick(s) + filler(s) to New Orleans

* Chances are that it won't be a rental. I mean, according to rumors Kyrie and Butler were planning to team up via free agency.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:02:34 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
But... why would New Orleans do this?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 02:06:26 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Why would New Orleans trade AD in the first place?

My point is, if they decide to trade him (and that's a huge if) Simmons + Kings pick + more pick(s) is a good return for New Orleans. Certainly a better option than trading with the Lakers (at least imo).

My question would be: ''Why would Philly help us trade for AD?''

Well, I have no answer for that. :P Just throwing out an idea for discussion. I believe it's fair value for all teams involved though. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:00:21 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
This is the guy I've been talking about for a couple of years, and who I would want: 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/v/vucevni01.html

I'll start with a Rozier package and build on from there.

I like Vooch as much as anyone, but I'm not sure if the Celtics can get him without moving any major trading pieces.  Anyone trying to get him right now would be buying high, and I think Orlando would be asking for someone like Brown in return package (though I realize considering how they are both playing right now that many here wouldn't mind seeing Jaylen moved in a package for Vooch lol)

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Not for Davis. I want Mirotic or Julius randle I would prefer Mirotic they both average near 20 points 10 rebounds. Mirotic is the superior shooter by far and he still averages 10 rebounds per game while Randall average is 19 + 9 and he's a better passer and defender.

Example ideas are brown Rozier and yabusele for Mirotic. Or for Randall who makes less money. Morris and Rozier would work.

TPs for realistic trade ideas for either of these big guys.
ugh, no thanks.

Morris is the best player of the bunch and been the most consistent for us all year.  Brown is still likely to be far better than either of them.  he's been coming around the last 4 games he's played and even if he hadn't been, no way I'd give up that kind of talent for a journeyman level player like Mirotic or Randle.

Neither of those guys are plus defenders unlike Brown and Morris.  who are you proposing either of these 2 would take minutes from?  Baynes? nope.  Horford?  no freaking way.  Theis?  they may be better shooters right now but Theis has been coming around offensively lately so I don't see enough gain from them offensively to justify putting Theis' D, hustle and rebounding further down the bench.

not seeing a point to acquiring either player.

I probably wouldn't go after either player even if the logistics could be worked out, but it seems fairly obvious to me what the point is.  We have a top 2-3 defense and our offense is what's holding us back.  I know that's really, really simple.  Whether the issues run deeper or we already have what we need is debatable speculation, but the logic seems simple.  Add a 20 point scorer to a team that needs better offensive production to contend (even if he won't average 20 with us). 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
This is the guy I've been talking about for a couple of years, and who I would want: 

I like Vooch as much as anyone, but I'm not sure if the Celtics can get him without moving any major trading pieces.  Anyone trying to get him right now would be buying high, and I think Orlando would be asking for someone like Brown in return package (though I realize considering how they are both playing right now that many here wouldn't mind seeing Jaylen moved in a package for Vooch lol)

I've been one of the largest Brown fanatics here, but if it took him to get Vooch, I think I do that now. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 03:36:46 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

I like Vucevic as well, but his asking price is probably quite high right now. Although it's probably in Orlando's best interest to make a choice between making a trade for an All Star PG or trading away Vucevic for draft picks.

Another problem is that it's very hard to match salaries.

And he is a rental (UFA in 2019).  He would be a nice fit on the team but we would have to trade maybe Marcus Smart in order for salaries to match.  I don't like him that much.

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 04:01:57 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

My point is, if they decide to trade him (and that's a huge if) Simmons + Kings pick + more pick(s) is a good return for New Orleans. Certainly a better option than trading with the Lakers (at least imo).

Well, I have no answer for that. :P Just throwing out an idea for discussion. I believe it's fair value for all teams though.

I'm talking about the original post. I hadn't even seen your AD proposal.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I like Vucevic as well, but his asking price is probably quite high right now. Although it's probably in Orlando's best interest to make a choice between making a trade for an All Star PG or trading away Vucevic for draft picks.

And he is a rental (UFA in 2019).  He would be a nice fit on the team but we would have to trade maybe Marcus Smart in order for salaries to match.  I don't like him that much.
He makes 12.75 this year which isn't too bad.  If Morris or Baynes is traded, it isn't that difficult to come up with a trade that works.  It is just about whether you would want to part with Morris or Baynes to acquire him (Baynes can be moved next weekend).  Baynes/Morris, Rozier and Yabu works financially and that seems like a fairly reasonable trade for both teams (I'd rather keep Morris so I'd propose Baynes).  The trade does increase the tax for Boston, making it far more difficult to get out of it at some point, but I think that might be worth it for Boston as Vucevic fills a definite need.  Orlando gets a younger PG prospect and can take a flyer on Yabu, while letting Baynes play some of Vucevic's role.  Boston upgrades its center spot.

So post trade Boston's rotation would be Irving, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Morris, Horford, and Vucevic.  That is a pretty darn good top 8.  Some depth is lost, but if that team enters the playoffs healthy I'd feel pretty darn good about it coming out of the East and giving the Warriors a real run for their money in the finals.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

He makes 12.75 this year which isn't too bad.  If Morris or Baynes is traded, it isn't that difficult to come up with a trade that works.  It is just about whether you would want to part with Morris or Baynes to acquire him (Baynes can be moved next weekend).  Baynes/Morris, Rozier and Yabu works financially and that seems like a fairly reasonable trade for both teams (I'd rather keep Morris so I'd propose Baynes).  The trade does increase the tax for Boston, making it far more difficult to get out of it at some point, but I think that might be worth it for Boston as Vucevic fills a definite need.  Orlando gets a younger PG prospect and can take a flyer on Yabu, while letting Baynes play some of Vucevic's role.  Boston upgrades its center spot.

So post trade Boston's rotation would be Irving, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Morris, Horford, and Vucevic.  That is a pretty darn good top 8.  Some depth is lost, but if that team enters the playoffs healthy I'd feel pretty darn good about it coming out of the East and giving the Warriors a real run for their money in the finals.

I'm not sure you can play Vucevic in big playoff moments. That matters.

You can play Morris and Rozier.

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I wasn't creative enough with the trading machine, since what you propose here actually makes a lot of sense. And I would be totally for it and it's a very interesting offer for Orlando as well.

TP for changing my mind with a good argument.

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Not that I think Orlando would (or could due to roster spots) do the 3 for 1 trade but we would be trading two bigs plus Rozier to get back a big.  Maybe there is someone that we could pick up to fill up the roster that could replace one of Yabu or Baynes but as it stands, I think we end up worse.  I would like to get Vucevic, I just don't see how.  Maybe Smart and Baynes for Vucevic and Jonathon Issac?  Vucevic is still just a rental so it is tough to give up Smart even if they throw in Issac (a promising young big).

Yeah, I just don't see this working out.

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 05:22:56 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Well, I have no answer for that. :P Just throwing out an idea for discussion. I believe it's fair value for all teams though.
Exactly.  There is no reason for the Sixers to help us and hurt themselves too.

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2018, 06:25:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Not that I think Orlando would (or could due to roster spots) do the 3 for 1 trade but we would be trading two bigs plus Rozier to get back a big.  Maybe there is someone that we could pick up to fill up the roster that could replace one of Yabu or Baynes but as it stands, I think we end up worse.  I would like to get Vucevic, I just don't see how.  Maybe Smart and Baynes for Vucevic and Jonathon Issac?  Vucevic is still just a rental so it is tough to give up Smart even if they throw in Issac (a promising young big).

Yeah, I just don't see this working out.
Counting Yabu as actually on this team seems strange to me as if Yabu plays at all in any meaningful game something is either very wrong or Boston is cruising in a blow out.  I mean he has played in 12 games and less than 5 minutes a game in those games.  And why would Vucevic just assumed to be a rental, but even if he was do you really think Rozier, Baynes, or Yabu are actually going to be on the team next year?  I mean maybe Yabu is again deep bench filler and maybe Baynes keeps coming back on cheap contracts, but I think both of those chances are small.  And unless Irving leaves or Smart is traded, Rozier is gone.  So even if you think Vucevic is a rental (I don't) who cares if you are only trading players unlikely to be no the team next year anyway.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Counting Yabu as actually on this team seems strange to me as if Yabu plays at all in any meaningful game something is either very wrong or Boston is cruising in a blow out.

I could not agree more, I almost cringe when he comes in the game, seems like we are playing 4 on 5 when he gets in there.   Every once in a while, he will make a good play but it is rare and he is not nor will he ever be another Draymond Green.  I think we picked up his option for trade filler potential.