Author Topic: Ben Wallace *Doubtful* For Game 3 (Update)  (Read 6785 times)

Ben Wallace *Doubtful* For Game 3 (Update)
« on: May 09, 2008, 02:52:17 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Started this thread, so I felt it pertinent to update: Ben Wallace is now listed as "doubtful" for game 3:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3389192

Previous report:

Ben Wallace is OK and probable for Game 3 ... just had some problems with his allergies:

Cavaliers F Ben Wallace learned about springtime in Boston the hard way Thursday night when allergies forced him to leave the Celtics' 89-73 victory in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. "You know it's a tough place for allergies, but no one has warned me," Wallace said. "That's when it started -- headaches. Then it got worse. I got lightheaded, and my head started spinning." Wallace, the team's third-leading rebounder, left the game in the first quarter with what was originally called "dizziness" and never returned. He said he expects to play Game 3 in Cleveland on Saturday night. "I got lightheaded," he said. "You can't play basketball with your head spinning like that."
(Updated 05/09/2008).

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/playerpage/6835
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 04:44:03 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Ben Wallace Probable For Game 3
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:03:17 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Wallace also complained about the smoke or fog in the Garden.  I say make sure there is plenty of fog in the Garden if the series goes more than 4 games. ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
My allergies have been driving me nuts as well, but usually in the Garden it's such a sealed off area they are fine, must have been the smoke that set him off.

I'm I the only one that thinks the Cavs are better with Varejao on the court instead of Wallace? I am fine with having Wallace back, trying unsuccessfully to defend KG, it does give the Cavs more depth though.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:19:54 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
Ben Wallace is OK and probable for Game 3 ... just had some problems with his allergies:

Cavaliers F Ben Wallace learned about springtime in Boston the hard way Thursday night when allergies forced him to leave the Celtics' 89-73 victory in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. "You know it's a tough place for allergies, but no one has warned me," Wallace said. "That's when it started -- headaches. Then it got worse. I got lightheaded, and my head started spinning." Wallace, the team's third-leading rebounder, left the game in the first quarter with what was originally called "dizziness" and never returned. He said he expects to play Game 3 in Cleveland on Saturday night. "I got lightheaded," he said. "You can't play basketball with your head spinning like that."
(Updated 05/09/2008).

Brings us all back to Kareem's migraines in 1984
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 05:23:02 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Well they certainly have the better bench with him sitting on it, once again proving analist(sp?) correct!
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
The secret to bne succesfull for the Cs
is to keep Z and Big Ben out in foul trouble

Z out= weaker offence
BB out = weaker defense

And fiel day for KG and powe and perk, darn even PJ.

Its not about Bron is about thos 2 guys
if one is out half of the job is done.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 06:05:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Hopefully he's all right. Doesn't matter though because he can't cover KG.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
My allergies have been driving me nuts as well, but usually in the Garden it's such a sealed off area they are fine, must have been the smoke that set him off.

I'm I the only one that thinks the Cavs are better with Varejao on the court instead of Wallace? I am fine with having Wallace back, trying unsuccessfully to defend KG, it does give the Cavs more depth though.
Considering how much closer the game was with wallace around, I don't agree with you.

Wallace also did a great job push KG out on post ups. KG had a hard time getting near the basket after the 1st quarter in game 1.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 06:38:37 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Thanks God he didn't have nothing to really worry about.

Wallace is a great player and he will always be a player to care about when he is around. Cavs are better when he is in.

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 08:21:56 PM »

Offline CelticSquirrel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
"Cavaliers starting forward Ben Wallace is doubtful for Game 3 of Cleveland's playoff series against the Boston Celtics because of allergies and a left inner ear infection." found on espn

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 04:29:40 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The secret to bne succesfull for the Cs
is to keep Z and Big Ben out in foul trouble

Z out= weaker offence
BB out = weaker defense

And fiel day for KG and powe and perk, darn even PJ.

Its not about Bron is about thos 2 guys
if one is out half of the job is done.

I like Ben Wallace in the game... Garnett eats him out, plus can play off him to double team other players on the team, rendering the Cavs' offense useless.

Re: Ben Wallace *Doubtful* For Game 3 (Update)
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 04:46:44 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Started this thread, so I felt it pertinent to update: Ben Wallace is now listed as "doubtful" for game 3:

Previous report:

(Updated 05/09/2008).

Updated 5/10/08

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 08:56:19 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I'm pretty doubtful of Ben Wallace every time he plays.

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
without wallace, cleveland has one less interior defender and their bench is shorter. no wallace means a weaker cleveland team.

i hope it is nothing serious, but i also wouldnt mind the allergies kicking in enough to have wallace sit out the next few games.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

Considering how much closer the game was with wallace around, I don't agree with you.

Wallace also did a great job push KG out on post ups. KG had a hard time getting near the basket after the 1st quarter in game 1.

He did such a great job on KG that he scored 28 points and pretty much won the game for the Celtics. The issue of depth for the Cavaliers plus or minus Wallace is obvious, but I think there line up is better with Varejao out there instead of Wallace. Ben doesn't get up as high as he used to and against a guy like KG who is 6'11 and shoots very high above his head, he is going to have a tough night.