Author Topic: That's embarassing New Orleans...  (Read 5144 times)

That's embarassing New Orleans...
« on: May 03, 2008, 10:59:10 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The mascot was doing a jump through the ring of fire routine in between quarters and it led to a huge delay.  The fire control people panicked when the fire didn't go out right away and sprayed fire extinguishers everywhere.  The court's a mess, there's been a long delay.  It's put the game on the backburner for way too long.  Many people here have lamented the in game entertainment and the age of the jumbotron.  Could this be the beginning of the end?  I for one hope so, this is playoff basketball people, we shouldn't need these shenanigans to have a good time and enjoy a well played basketball game.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: That's embarassing New Orleans...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
i dont need fire and and fools jumpin through hoops....jus the cheerleaders...

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:13:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
yea, thats pathetic.  the "entertainment" is lame.  just play the game.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 11:28:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
The game was delayed 20 minutes (19 to be exact) because of that stunt

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
The fog from our intro is the borderline for me.  I actually think it looks cool but can see how it might take away from the game.  This crap in between quarters really is just absurd.  Stay away from the fire loops Lucky.  Just keep jumping over prominent Boston figures.  (Speaking of that, I'm glad the Sox are playing the same time as the Celtcs, stay away Big Papi aka Horford's new best friend.  I'm not cheering for him to hit well until September.)
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »

Offline Broadmoor74

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'm not sure that the eff up should be viewed as an embarrassment on the part of the City of New Orleans.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 12:02:11 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'm not sure that the eff up should be viewed as an embarrassment on the part of the City of New Orleans.

Yeah you're right.  It's aimed at the Hornets organization and the NBA as a whole, almost every arena does crap like this nowadays.  It's not a shot at the city of New Orleans, who have done a great job rallying around this upstart team and their stud of a point guard.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 12:37:04 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I didn't see it, unable to watch the game.

Has this had any affect on the game?  I mean were they able to clean it all up well enough without leaving the floor too slippery for the players?

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 12:39:27 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics

Has this had any affect on the game?  I mean were they able to clean it all up well enough without leaving the floor too slippery for the players?

I'd say the biggest impact was the 19 minute delay.  I think in the end that is hurting the Spurs.  TNT has showed a bunch of people on the floor during replays but they all seem to be from pretty hard contact and have nothing to do with slipping.  The only replay I saw that the floor had an impact was Mr. Longoria slipping during a spin move early during the second quarter, right after the incident happened.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 01:21:09 AM »

Offline Broadmoor74

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4

Caused a little delay.  That idiot Reggie Miller tried to blame a few Spurs flops by Parkay et. al on the incident.  But upon further review, there was no slippage.

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Jeez... if your crowd needs helping staying interested during playoff games, here's what I recommend:

Make them sell their tickets to fans.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Ho-hum, it's funny, at least people can walk away from that one with a story. The moron of the whole thing is probably fired, that's enough punishment and the League's on top of stuff like this, won't happen again any time soon.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Did the shot clock work?  If so, not the biggest embarrassment of the playoffs.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 09:14:02 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
i dont need fire and and fools jumpin through hoops....jus the cheerleaders...
**** Bass..tp for this one ;D