Author Topic: trade Idea - Childress  (Read 3895 times)

trade Idea - Childress
« on: December 19, 2010, 05:55:37 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Racheed Wallace contract and a first for J Childress.

Re: trade Idea - Childress
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rasheed was bought out, so we can't trade his contract.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 06:03:09 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
I thought his contract could be used as NJ did with the kid from utah can't remember his name right now.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 06:11:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I thought his contract could be used as NJ did with the kid from utah can't remember his name right now.

You're thinking of Keith Van Horn.  In that case, KVH just retired.  Here, Rasheed agreed to a buyout, which means his Bird rights were extinguished.  The most we can re-sign Rasheed to is a minimum contract.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 06:33:40 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
childress stinks with a capital S

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 07:11:32 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Thanks's for the info. I still like him as an addition to the team. He needs some time to get back in NBA shape.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 07:17:45 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Yep.  He wasn't even good when he was overseas.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 09:49:27 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Actually, he was terrific against us in the 2008 7 game series.  He would fit in well with this team. Granted, he has some catching up to do because of his jaunt to Europe.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 09:55:53 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Actually, he was terrific against us in the 2008 7 game series.  He would fit in well with this team. Granted, he has some catching up to do because of his jaunt to Europe.
He wasn't even that good in that series. He scored in double digits only twice and averaged 7.1 points 5.7 rebounds, and 1.6 assists for the series in 29 MPG.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Euro basketball stunt his growth development wise...he is worst now than when he was with the Hawks.

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 10:45:23 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Childress is an idea whose time came, and went, and went, and went. He should have taken the RFA contract, played one more year in the ATL and hit the FA market. Instead he went to Europe.

He's got versatility and would be useful on a team that needs another wing/guard to fill up some minutes, but he's not elite by any means. Not sure why PHO thought signing him made sense. Don't expect him to get many minutes going forward:

A big rotation of Lopez, Frye, Gortat and Warrick, plus some small ball with Hill or Dudley at PF. Dudley and Hill at SF. Carter and Pietrus at SG. Hill and Drago at PG. Although Pietrus could be odd man out, there still is not a lot of minutes left.

Man PHO is still so messed up... they need to make another trade (still).

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 12:41:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

He wasn't even that good in that series. He scored in double digits only twice and averaged 7.1 points 5.7 rebounds, and 1.6 assists for the series in 29 MPG.

Stats don't tell the whole story. He played very well on both ends in that series, and created a lot of interest as a result.

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Stats don't tell the whole story. He played very well on both ends in that series, and created a lot of interest as a result.
Stats tell enough of the story He was a solid role player/glue guy during that series, that's nothing to get excited about. Especially when it was years ago. Nothing about his play on the Suns says we should go get him to me.

I'm sure he could fill Marquis role ably, but why would we give up any assets to get the same production we're currently getting?

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This whole discussion is moot. You can't trade a player that's not currently on your roster.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 02:19:15 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont understand why Rasheed keeps coming up in trade scenarios? Ugh. I really hate trade rumor time of year.