Author Topic: brad wanamaker to the C’s? UPDATE, finalizing deal  (Read 22971 times)

Re: brad wanamaker to the C’s? UPDATE, finalizing deal
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Boston Celtics, Brad Wanamaker agreed on guaranteed one-year rookie minimum deal for $831,311, sources tell me. Euroleague's all-guard bet on himself, left $3.8M net on the table in Barcelona.

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/1011731693659742211

Was hopeful for two years.  Oh well.

Yeah, me too.

Can't we at least resign him via the Arenas Provision because he was undrafted, making him a restricted free agent after that 1-year deal is up?

That is my interpretation based on what I've been able to find online.

Apparently we could only match with exception money, but other teams would be limited to offers no higher than the non-taxpayer MLE... We might go over the tax line, making that problematic.

I doubt anyone would be offering him $9M per season, though, so we should be able to fit him in if we want to.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/02/hoops-rumors-glossary-gilbert-arenas-provision.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:16:55 AM by kraidstar »

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2018, 01:16:10 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Double Post

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2018, 06:30:46 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
800k for a Euro MVP? Wow.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2018, 06:35:32 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
800k for a Euro MVP? Wow.
Yeah, it definitely looks like he wants to make his dream come through.
Love points increase.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: brad wanamaker to the C’s?
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2018, 07:01:22 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Just look him up... 29 years old and never played in NBA? NO THANK YOU
Yeah, following so closely after the draft, the impulse is to compare him to a 22 yo rookie, but he's not likely to get any better at this point.

I'll take him as a taller replacement for Larkin and a better defender.

Re: Woj: Wanamaker signing with C's
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
wahlberger maker?

is he related to THONG maker?

;D ;D

no his cousin is Bikini stripper

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2018, 07:13:29 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Boston Celtics, Brad Wanamaker agreed on guaranteed one-year rookie minimum deal for $831,311, sources tell me. Euroleague's all-guard bet on himself, left $3.8M net on the table in Barcelona.

Yeah, me too.

Can't we at least resign him via the Arenas Provision because he was undrafted, making him a restricted free agent after that 1-year deal is up?

Apparently we could only match with exception money, but other teams would be limited to offers no higher than the non-taxpayer MLE... We might go over the tax line, making that problematic.

I doubt anyone would be offering him $9M per season, though, so we should be able to fit him in if we want to.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/02/hoops-rumors-glossary-gilbert-arenas-provision.html

Anyone?  Salt?

And I probably don't need to ask, but I'm assuming there's no possible market regulation (IE making him an RFA) if he does decide to jump back overseas to maximize his earnings?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2018, 08:38:55 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yeah, me too.

Anyone?  Salt?

And I probably don't need to ask, but I'm assuming there's no possible market regulation (IE making him an RFA) if he does decide to jump back overseas to maximize his earnings?

The Celtics will have the opportunity to extend Wanamaker a QO at around $1.65 million.  If he jumps back to Europe, the Celtics can keep extending him the QO every year, giving them rights of first refusal should he try the NBA again at a later date (I don’t think that’s his plan — i think he wants to stay in the States.)

The Arenas provision will probably not help, because if someone gave him so big an offer it would require the use of the full taxpayer extension, but that subjects us to the hard cap, and resigning Wanamaker at that amount would put us over said cap.  Accepting the QO is a possibility — it’s unlikely the C’s match for much more than it, however.  He still looks to be a third/fourth PG option long-term.

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2018, 09:25:39 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
man, when people leave money on the table i always hope it works out for them.

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Yeah, me too.

Anyone?  Salt?

The Celtics will have the opportunity to extend Wanamaker a QO at around $1.65 million.  If he jumps back to Europe, the Celtics can keep extending him the QO every year, giving them rights of first refusal should he try the NBA again at a later date (I don’t think that’s his plan — i think he wants to stay in the States.)

The Arenas provision will probably not help, because if someone gave him so big an offer it would require the use of the full taxpayer extension, but that subjects us to the hard cap, and resigning Wanamaker at that amount would put us over said cap.  Accepting the QO is a possibility — it’s unlikely the C’s match for much more than it, however.  He still looks to be a third/fourth PG option long-term.

On point as usual, thanks, TP. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2018, 10:26:10 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think the C's are a destination desirable team to go play for now.

« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2018, 10:33:45 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
IMO this is a better signing than many of the future wannabe ringchasers that we will see in July, August, February.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Number 9!!!  ;D

We have officially signed guard @phillybul_22.

He joins us after seven season playing professionally in Europe, where he was named the 2018 Turkish League Finals MVP. Wanamaker will wear number 9.

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1013889313392775168?s=21

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2018, 05:39:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’ve been trying to remember why this dude has seemed familiar to me. It finally hit me: he played for Roman in high school, and was a friend of friends. I met him once, and they talked about his future greatness all the time. Small world.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2018, 06:09:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Number 9!!!  ;D

We have officially signed guard @phillybul_22.

He joins us after seven season playing professionally in Europe, where he was named the 2018 Turkish League Finals MVP. Wanamaker will wear number 9.

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1013889313392775168?s=21
the same day and hour that rondo signs with the Lakers. Hilarious