Author Topic: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers  (Read 8703 times)

Re: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2020, 07:05:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

However the team was constructed, they've been one of the top teams in defense this year. Credit to Vogel's system and for the players willingness to buy-in.

They are tough on defense.  They remind me a lot of that 2015 Cavs team in the way they turn the game into slog and make teams think twice about trying to score inside.

Main difference is Anthony Davis is a lot more imposing than Tristan Thompson or Mozgov, not that those guys were soft or anything.

The Lakers aren't anything to write home about in terms of their perimeter defense.  Rondo and Danny Green once upon a time would have been an epic defensive duo but now they're just OK. 

LeBron has his moments, though it helps that he's allowed to be a lot more physical defensively without getting called for fouls.

All of that said, my main gripe with the Lakers is their offense.  It reminds me a lot, again, of that 2015 Cavs team.  There's nothing beautiful or creative about it, just a lot of relying on AD and Bron to brute force it while the rest of the guys try to stay out the way and hit their open shots. 

The Lakers are a good team.  Would be hard to avoid being good when you have LeBron and AD.  They're just not any fun, and from a narrative perspective I find them the opposite of compelling due to how they came together.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2020, 07:20:15 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

However the team was constructed, they've been one of the top teams in defense this year. Credit to Vogel's system and for the players willingness to buy-in.

They are tough on defense.  They remind me a lot of that 2015 Cavs team in the way they turn the game into slog and make teams think twice about trying to score inside.

Main difference is Anthony Davis is a lot more imposing than Tristan Thompson or Mozgov, not that those guys were soft or anything.

The Lakers aren't anything to write home about in terms of their perimeter defense.  Rondo and Danny Green once upon a time would have been an epic defensive duo but now they're just OK. 

LeBron has his moments, though it helps that he's allowed to be a lot more physical defensively without getting called for fouls.

All of that said, my main gripe with the Lakers is their offense.  It reminds me a lot, again, of that 2015 Cavs team.  There's nothing beautiful or creative about it, just a lot of relying on AD and Bron to brute force it while the rest of the guys try to stay out the way and hit their open shots. 

The Lakers are a good team.  Would be hard to avoid being good when you have LeBron and AD.  They're just not any fun, and from a narrative perspective I find them the opposite of compelling due to how they came together.

I agree. If their 3pt shots are not falling, they're not fun to watch. Lebron centered offense needs strong outside shooters to space the floor. It is like 90s basketball.