Author Topic: BOS/HOU/WAS  (Read 710 times)

BOS/HOU/WAS
« on: January 21, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Yes I know he's 30...So don't even bother bringing it up. I still wouldn't mind seeing us trade for Trevor Ariza. His defense would compliment Smart, Bradley, & Crowder's. He'd add more 3pt shooting to the mix, and is very versitle (can play SG/SF/PF), which is something Brad Stevens highly values.

Here's my A3za proposal:

TO BOS: Ariza
TO HOU: Jerebko, Dudley, Minny 1st
TO WAS: Zeller, future 2nd round pick (one of ours)

A couple of things:

1) Yes I thought of simply trading for Dudley (he likes Brad Stevens), but then I thought about it and id much rather have Ariza than Dudley if I'm trading for a 30 y.o player.

2) I envision Ariza coming off the bench

3) Lee, Olynyk or Sully would need to be traded before the deadline as well so that Ariza doesn't compromise Crowder's minutes. Turner could be traded as well, but that'd depend on how much Brad trusts Rozier, Hunter, Young, & Mickey

4) I like the way Olynyk has been playing as of late, however, he's likely considered more of a valuable asset than Sully right now because of the extra year left on his rookie contract. Therefore, id be willing to trade him or Sully, along with Turner & Lee to consolidate the roster. But ONLY if we get back someone of better value in return.

WOULD HOUSTON MOVE ARIZA? Giving up too much or too little? Thoughts?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST AN EXAMPLE to illustrate my line of thought: Lee, Olynyk, Dal 1st for Tobias Harris.

Lineup after both trades:

Starters: IT4, Bradley, Crowder, Tobias, Amir

Smart, Turner, Ariza, Sully off the bench along w/ either Young, Rozier, Hunter, or Mickey each playing spot minutes here or there.