Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 396506 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #585 on: November 12, 2019, 10:15:15 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Which is disrespectful to Trae have you’ve seen the numbers he’s putting up this year? He’ll probably won’t make an all nba team but the Hawks wanted Trae and he’s giving them a reason why they did it. I just personally think that this site has been giving a little too much praise on Luka.

It’s quite sad no matter how much Trae does he’ll always be in Lukas shadow.

« Reply #586 on: November 12, 2019, 10:17:27 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Which is disrespectful to Trae have you’ve seen the numbers he’s putting up this year? He’ll probably won’t make an all nba team but the Hawks wanted Trae and he’s giving them a reason why they did it. I just personally think that this site has been giving a little too much praise on Luka.

That's the point. Why it was such a horrible trade.

« Reply #587 on: November 12, 2019, 10:19:05 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Except it wasn’t? These are two great players, while I actually do prefer Donnic it’s only barely and I’ll be very happy with Trae.

« Reply #588 on: November 12, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Just come on guys give him more respect than that. “Oh he’s a solid player.” Seriously? No respect.
I literally just said that I anticipate a career similar (if a bit worse) than Chris Paul's, and I'm being disrespectful? Lol.

The praise isn't limited to just this site. If we had the greatest 20 year-old player the league had ever seen all our posts would be about him. And if you think that's an exaggeration, I beg you to find me a 20 year old who has been better than Doncic.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #589 on: November 12, 2019, 10:21:08 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I noticed ya'll only mention Kyrie when he loses lol. It was the same thing Cav fans did when LBJ left. They would only post about him when he lost, but wholly avoid LBJ topics during his success lol. They would flame me for pointing it out, mods would even threaten banning me, so I just backed off lol.

I guess it is something people are not wholly over. Having a great talent, but it not working out hurts (Trust me, I know). As humans, folks want justification. Want to see them fail; want to see their pain, because it justifies them leaving.

Well, I am just gonna say the same thing I told Cav fans. Let it.......It takes too much energy to hate. Cream always rises to the top. Greatness, is great more often than not. We all know BKN will mostly likely get one ring. Then what? Avoid Kyrie topics all summer? Or will you give him props? We knew LBJ would get a ring, then what? Keep hating on him? For how long? At some point, you got to let it go......

I mean, the guy was averaging 30, 2nd in scoring. He is going to have off nights lol. Come on, are you gonna bag on the kid after every bad game. Come one, lol. You guys are 1st, why beat up on a guy whom isn't? It comes off as sour grapes because you guys are waaaaay up here, but still going down to kick a guy who finally had an off night.

Anyways, we made NYK have a press conference after falling to us. They must think we are really bad lol. Or losing to the Cavs is rock-bottom. Are we that bad lol? LBJ & Ky are gone but [dang]. That was the ultimate panic button if I ever saw one.

No, I am not beating up on NY, it just comes off as we suck so bad, that the upper heads had to address it, ouch..

It's not much hate as much as proving people wrong. Nets will never win a ring with Kyrie. People gushing over his scoring, but let's not forget his other negatives. He's not very good without the ball and seems to be moody that affects his motor at times. His scoring doesn't seems to translate well to W's as the Nets record suggest. Kyrie doesn't elevate his teammates and I laughed when I hear Nets broadcast talk about his so-called leadership.

Well, I think it is.

However, you guys have zero reason to hate on anyone. You are the #1 team in the NBA. Kyrie is currently +21, highest in the game with a big lead at the half. Nobody is talking about that. However, I guarantee if Utah comes storming back & Ky starts to play like crap, you guys will start to mention him.

All I am saying is, with the way you guys are playing, it just comes off as petty. You guys are on top right now. It it wasn't hate, you guys would keep the same energy when he does well, as you do when he plays sub-par.

As for BKN, they have two top 10 players, they will win eventually.

As for my team; I am proud of the way they played, even in defeat. This is true progress.

Anyway, good night, good-luck BOS, unless you are playing the Cavs hehe.

« Reply #590 on: November 12, 2019, 10:23:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Except it wasn’t? These are two great players, while I actually do prefer Donnic it’s only barely and I’ll be very happy with Trae.
If someone traded Michael Jordan for John Stockton and Vern Fleming it would rightfully be looked at as a pretty terrible trade.

I'm not saying Doncic is Jordan or Young is Stockton (still a ways to go for both, obviously), but that's the kind of trade I see it as.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #591 on: November 12, 2019, 10:24:44 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think Young has the potential to be a generational talent as well tbh, my comparison for him is an inverted Nash (reversed scoring/passing approach). Think of it this way - if Reddish develops into a fringe All-Star as a two way wing, is giving up the next great offensive quarterback in Doncic (a bunch of MVP seasons plus an All-Time season or two during his prime, kind of like Magic's career arc but with an earlier start and better longevity) for a great floor general in his own right (a bunch of All-NBA years plus a few MVP seasons, maybe even better since Trae isn't as disadvantaged on defense as Nash, and his offensive profile might be better if he continues to improve) plus a two way star that bad of a deal? I'd be inclined to believe that the Hawks would get the better of the Mavericks in such a deal, although to be fair Reddish looks like hot garbage now (I had no idea why they picked Cam, they had a bunch of better options). I wouldn't be too anxious if I were a Hawks fan now, there's still plenty of time for the chips to fall.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #592 on: November 12, 2019, 10:25:48 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

If someone traded Michael Jordan for John Stockton and Vern Fleming it would rightfully be looked at as a pretty terrible trade.

I'm not saying Doncic is Jordan or Young is Stockton (still a ways to go for both, obviously), but that's the kind of trade I see it as.

Yeah I agree.

Trae is a good player, but Luka is on a different level.

« Reply #593 on: November 12, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I think you might be overrating Doncic and underselling Trae if you look at the trade through this lens lol. Obviously you did say not to take your comparisons at face value, but they're incredibly off imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #594 on: November 12, 2019, 10:30:07 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

We can just agree to disagree, I guess. I think Trae is a really good player, while Doncic is already the best offensive player in the NBA at age 20.

« Reply #595 on: November 12, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
What was Jokic's offseason conditioning plan? Beer and pizza? He looks terribly out of shape.

« Reply #596 on: November 12, 2019, 10:45:39 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

We can just agree to disagree, I guess. I think Trae is a really good player, while Doncic is already the best offensive player in the NBA at age 20.
Probably a bit of hyperbole here, he's not heads and shoulders better than everyone else lol, he's right in the mix for that title. What's noteworthy is that Trae is just a rung down from that group.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #597 on: November 12, 2019, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Probably a bit of hyperbole here, he's not heads and shoulders better than everyone else lol, he's right in the mix for that title. What's noteworthy is that Trae is just a rung down from that group.
It's hyperbole when you agree that it's quite possibly true?

He was trending that way last year, and he's taken it to a new level. I don't think there's an argument for more than 2 or 3 other players.

« Reply #598 on: November 12, 2019, 11:10:37 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

He was trending that way last year, and he's taken it to a new level. I don't think there's an argument for more than 2 or 3 other players.
It's hyperbole because he's not definitively the best offensive player in the league. He's one of the best, not the best. This isn't MJ dominating in the 90s lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #599 on: November 12, 2019, 11:11:22 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Harden
Giannis
Leonard
Lebron
Durant (when healthy)
Curry (when healthy
Lillard

I think all those guys are in the conversation for sure.