Author Topic: Kris Joseph > Michael Pietrus  (Read 12016 times)

Re: Kris Joseph > Michael Pietrus
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 11:17:30 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I still don't know why people want to get hyperbolic at this point in the summer. Kris Joseph is a late second round pick.  The odds are very much stacked against him that he'll even be in the league a year from now, let alone better than Pietrus, who is a former lottery pick who has been a solid rotation player for 10 years.

Why can't this just be, I like Kris Joseph?  Why do we need to leap to these comparisons based on a few summer league games?  Keep in mind, that in the '03 Summer League held in Bosotn (the same year Pietrus was drafted, though the Warriors weren't there), Donny Freakin' Marshall led the summer league in scoring with 20 ppg.  Three Boston studs also dominated action: Kedrick Brown with 17.2 ppg., Brandon Hunter with 16 ppg. and 8 rpg., and Marcus Banks with 15ppg and 6 apg.  

More at

http://www.nba.com/celtics/summerleague/03SL_LeagueLeaders.html

Maybe Joseph will be an exception and be a great role player or even more.  I certainly hope so.  But it's way too early to make these sorts of projections.  

I sometimes wonder if people around here have the same reactions when watching other sports.  Like, when Lars Anderson had a good spring training, did people start formulating trade proposals for Adrian Gonzales?