Author Topic: New basketball league for American whites only  (Read 28936 times)

Re: New basketball league for American whites only
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Whites

That's awesome - the team name, the national exposure, and the fact they raised all that money.

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
No, this is a bad. And in almost every way.

This is 2010, not 1910. And even if we don't include African-Americans into the discussion, there are Latinos, Asians, and mixes of White-Latin, Asian-White, White-Native American, and other combinations who are also American, and some of them are even "White", depending upon the features of one or more parents.

So now, we'll have a league barring someone because his Egyptian mother isn't "Greek" enough to pass for white (hint: too much olive undertone)? Or that one's Finnish dad looks half-Eskimo so he's some Siberian "half-breed"?

Now, what if one of these caucasoid team members is dating or engaged to a hispanic lady? Should the commissioner bar him from the league since he's deluding the gene pool?

Folks, is this the USA or South Africa? This league should merge with the KKK/Aryan Nation and disappear from the scene.

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 09:42:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I just don't see how they'll be able to play at all wearing those robes and hoods.
TP Brick
That's probably their plan to try to find a niche market.

This will be an interesting test of letting the market decide.

I usually feel like racism has to do with feelings of racial superiority, but for some strange reason I feel like maybe the only reason this team has a chance at all is due to feelings of racial inferiority and inadequacy.

On the bright side this team might give us a better chance at testing the WNBA vs Men's team theory.

I'd crack up if an WNBA team beat this team.

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm predicting 7 fans for the first game, with a peak of 12 on free bobblehead night.

If the XFL went under in a year there is no way this league makes it past 10 games. No way.

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
League MVP nickname:  "Arian" Jordan
Yup

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »

Offline DrGlen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
I just don't see how they'll be able to play at all wearing those robes and hoods.

The Aryan Republican Army members would definitely be tuned in.

Their creed: Women, minorities, gays, etc. are ruining this great white country; and the US government must be punished for its acquiescence to the unholy demands of the liberals over the last century in matters of both church and state.

These ARA neo-Nazis mean business too. Two associates you may have heard of: Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols.

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »

Offline DrGlen

• Oshae Brissett
TP Brick
That's probably their plan to try to find a niche market.
I'm predicting 7 fans for the first game, with a peak of 12 on free bobblehead night.

Folks, is this the USA or South Africa? This league should merge with the KKK/Aryan Nation and disappear from the scene.

Isn't hate crime on the rise? Isn't neo-Nazism on the rise? It's worldwide.

Let's not delude ourselves into thinking this is a niche market merely for South Africans. The very fundamental sentiments espoused by Hitler's most ardent supporters are the very beliefs MANY hold here TODAY in AMERICA.

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
lol, this thread is still alive?
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2010, 10:38:16 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I wonder if their white hoods will get in their way while they're playing...

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 10:47:15 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.

Beat me to it.

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I still can't even put together more than one sentence about this subject ... it just makes me nauseous.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2010, 11:02:48 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Sounds like a publicity stunt to get people on their soapboxes and paying attention to fame-starved ideologues/knuckleheads.

Either that or a prank.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2010, 11:48:38 PM »

Offline DrGlen

• Oshae Brissett
This league should merge with the KKK/Aryan Nation and disappear from the scene.

“The founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his estimation of the Jewish people ...
He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God.

Christ was nailed to the Cross for his attitude towards the Jews;

Modern Christians enter into party politics and when elections are being held they debase themselves to beg for Jewish votes. They even enter into political intrigues with the atheistic Jewish parties against the interests of their own Christian nation.

I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity … We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.

We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theater, and in the press … we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess.

Woman's world is her husband, her family, her children and her home. We do not find it right when she presses into the world of men.

Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction.

General moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith ... we need believing people.

For this, to be sure, from the child's primer down to the last newspaper, every theater and every movie house, every advertising pillar and every billboard, must be pressed into the service of this one great mission, until the timorous prayer of our present parlor patriots: 'Lord, make us free!' is transformed in the brain of the smallest boy into the burning plea: 'Almighty God, bless our arms when the time comes; be just as thou hast always been; judge now whether we be deserving of freedom; Lord, bless our battle!"
- Adolf Hitler

Still think intolerance is a dead niche market only for those with white hoods? Because it sure sounds like middle America 2010 to me.

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2010, 12:04:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It's racist and stupid, but not illegal under federal law. Has the Augusta CC (home of the Masters) admitted a Black member yet?  I don't think so.

It would be illegal to prohibit Blacks from attending the games (presumably to have a good laugh)or selling concessions, but not to restrict the rosters.

If LeBron decided that he wanted to play in the WNBA, could the league prevent him from playing? (Hint: the answer is yes).

I don't think we should legally equate having not yet accepted an application for membership from any blacks to creating a professional sports league that explicitly states that it will only hire white players.

They will have a big problem figuring out who qualifies as having 2 white natural parents.

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I have to say one of my favorite things about this board is how immune it is to blatant trolling.  This is of course just a general observation and not referring to anything specific.  At all.