Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238748 times)

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #945 on: August 18, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Robert Williams III and Jabari Bird worked out this morning in Boston.

https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1030821439300091904

https://imgur.com/za2qAPe

TP for basketball talk, especially regarding two of the Cs I’m rooting hardest for this year to prove all the naysayers wrong.

« Reply #946 on: August 18, 2018, 11:11:57 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Robert Williams said he just got a place right next to the Celtics new practice facility. “Two-minute walk, said Williams who laughed and added, “Can’t be late!”

Robert Williams said the injured knee that kept him out of most of summer league is “feeling way way better.” He’s been in Boston rehabbing and expects to be full go before training camp arrives.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/1028661174655754246

New rookie photo shoot pics

thanks for posting those photos.  very cool.  Hopefully he is as good as his photos...lol

« Reply #947 on: September 02, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
What happened to sports writers covering Robert Williams-Has anyone watched him working out at Auerbach Center
The press blew up his early season follies but report nothing on any strides being made.
 IF ANY!

« Reply #948 on: September 02, 2018, 09:16:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How much development are you expecting in a month, rollie, where he probably hasn't played any 5 v 5, full speed, NBA quality games(scrimmages) to implement anything he has learned new?

« Reply #949 on: September 02, 2018, 09:23:56 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Maybe the “strides” are just about getting up early, getting to the gym, putting in the work.  Right now, I think the biggest concern, reinforced by the missed meetings/flight, is his maturity and work ethic.  If reporting loudly about his foibles it would be nice if there were a report about him showing sustained dedication— if that has been the case.

« Reply #950 on: September 02, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
How much development are you expecting in a month, rollie, where he probably hasn't played any 5 v 5, full speed, NBA quality games(scrimmages) to implement anything he has learned new?

With young guys a lot can happen over a summer-look at the work Jason has put into getting stronger.Building a routine in weight room or,working on his foul shots.Watching film ,talking defense.Remember Williams and his shock at Bayne's strength.Remember Jaylen talk about man strength.
That was the point of post  nobody has given an update on his status.
.It's like a curtain descended after all that early tomfoolery.That was just a dazed kid out of his element.
THIS JUST HAPPENED TOO ME
I booked a family vacation to Spain in April, i have a valid USA passport,booked and paid for rent a car(speedy service),packed only carry on luggage .Had flown this airlines and route over 16 times to my timeshare.
I have to show two passports because coming back to England. One current and one that is older with a large stamp "enter to leave as a UK resident",  well at last minute i caught my wife not including the right 2nd old passport with stamp but a later one.
No check in for us with downloaded boarding passes, we fly through security.We go to board and i get a second check of my passport and get told in no uncertain terms that i couldn't board this flight without a passport with less than three months validity as Spain would turn me back I had two.
 I had flown 16 times to Majorca on the same carrier ,same month and how was i to know,-no notification filling out forms,no red line highlight of time validity.There was no recourse and no time to go to London to US Embassy and get a limited validity extension passport.
So at great expense, this world traveler with a valid passport till October 19 2018 got bounced from his flight as the airlines hid behind it was up to me to know-i stayed home the family flew down later at more expense.AND I GOT ROBERT WILLIAMS'd--

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:38:45 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #951 on: September 02, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
What happened to sports writers covering Robert Williams-Has anyone watched him working out at Auerbach Center
The press blew up his early season follies but report nothing on any strides being made.
 IF ANY!

I think the quiet is good news, and probably good for him. Let him get his first exposure to quality NBA coaching, soak up the lessons and drills in the gym. Have some peace and quiet while the city focuses on the Sox, get his feet under him. When the gains from hard work show up on the parquet it will be time to write the stories.

« Reply #952 on: September 02, 2018, 11:16:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

With young guys a lot can happen over a summer-look at the work Jason has put into getting stronger.Building a routine in weight room or,working on his foul shots.Watching film ,talking defense.Remember Williams and his shock at Bayne's strength.Remember Jaylen talk about man strength.
That was the point of post  nobody has given an update on his status.
.It's like a curtain descended after all that early tomfoolery.That was just a dazed kid out of his element.
THIS JUST HAPPENED TOO ME
I booked a family vacation to Spain in April, i have a valid USA passport,booked and paid for rent a car(speedy service),packed only carry on luggage .Had flown this airlines and route over 16 times to my timeshare.
I have to show two passports because coming back to England. One current and one that is older with a large stamp "enter to leave as a UK resident",  well at last minute i caught my wife not including the right 2nd old passport with stamp but a later one.
No check in for us with downloaded boarding passes, we fly through security.We go to board and i get a second check of my passport and get told in no uncertain terms that i couldn't board this flight without a passport with less than three months validity as Spain would turn me back I had two.
 I had flown 16 times to Majorca on the same carrier ,same month and how was i to know,-no notification filling out forms,no red line highlight of time validity.There was no recourse and no time to go to London to US Embassy and get a limited validity extension passport.
So at great expense, this world traveler with a valid passport till October 19 2018 got bounced from his flight as the airlines hid behind it was up to me to know-i stayed home the family flew down later at more expense.AND I GOT ROBERT WILLIAMS'd--
You know what I took out of this rollie? It sounds like you are a lot healthier than last I heard. And that makes me happy😄

« Reply #953 on: September 02, 2018, 01:15:34 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Yeah a miracle of modern medicine see the Docs tomorrow morning The thought of.watching half naked brown Spanish girls on the beach works wonders considered not going a reprieve from heat and bickering older kids .
.Having more good days than bad and upping the exercise.
Thanks

« Reply #954 on: September 02, 2018, 05:19:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Yeah a miracle of modern medicine see the Docs tomorrow morning The thought of.watching half naked brown Spanish girls on the beach works wonders considered not going a reprieve from heat and bickering older kids .
.Having more good days than bad and upping the exercise.
Thanks

Glad to hear your doing well Rollie. As far as Williams, have no fear coach Stevens is here. Think about this, the kid is going to be brought along slowly.

Brad will focus on what he can do immediately and we will be in awe of his jaw dropping pick and roll Lobs and weakside shot blocking in limited minutes.

Lastly we don't need this kid to Shoot, Pass, Score, or do anything else outside of his skillset. He only needs to do  things he's naturally gifted at.

Like being huge with a 7'6" wingspan and getting off the ground with cat like quick Ness.

Twilight zone
« Reply #955 on: September 04, 2018, 05:08:51 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
What are the chances of a 23 year NBA scout that pushed Atlanta to sign Al Horford is retired and driving back to West Coast. The scout gets told of this really good kid in Louisiana and stops off. He then winds up taking the high school coaching job and mentors Robert who grows up idolizing Al Horford.
The Celts get a steal at number 27 and Robert Williams winds up a Celtic with Al Horford as a mentor.
Al tells him" hard work" and even with all that "Twilght Zone" stuff, in one short week Robert exposes all his scouting report flaws.
There are very few X factors as Danny has drafted young hard work and want to be great players. This season Robert is our only rookie.
The off season is supposed to be a time of getting better ,working the gym and adding facets  to your strengths and to overcome weaknesses.
The only recent reports have been Robert gets apartment next to training facility and"can't be late".
Did the press get "enough is enough" from Danny?Or does good news travel slowly while bad news gallops?
Jaylen had a different ascent than Jason and does Robert if judged by his two years as SEC defensive player of year and his very real transferable athletic skills and length.Is that enough to make Robert the surprise of the season in terms of progress.
This kid loves defense,Celtic fans love defense.I don't believe we want to hear about lost wallets,flying home and missing practice and all the criticism for being 20.
So where is Robert? What is he working on?With whom? How is his knee.?
How quickly can Robert pick up the defensive systems?
Could he be a special defensive player out of the gate or will he be lost in the blizzard of speed,strength and the ability's of NBA players?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 05:22:41 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Twilight zone
« Reply #956 on: September 04, 2018, 06:17:58 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
So where is Robert? How is his knee.?

If you mean the contusion he got in Summer League, that's likely completely healed by now. That must have been quite a hit to take him out of all the games. I really liked what I saw of him - nice touch on his jumper and looked like he had a good feel for spacing.

The PAES is in both knees, and there's a lot of uncertainty around that. It could be that it will never be a real problem - or it might end his career.

Could he be a special defensive player out of the gate or will he be lost in the blizzard of speed,strength and the ability's of NBA players?

He's way down the depth chart. But Brad has shown a willingness to give everyone on the roster some NBA court time.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

Brads meaning of" really encouraged"
« Reply #957 on: September 05, 2018, 05:48:53 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Brad was quoted as" really encouraged" by Robert Williams work put in this summer.There are those that found this disappointing.But i found it really encouraging in that it wasn't over the top but just played down Brad".Don't pat him on the back too hard he might fall over" comes to mind.
What do fans want, for Brad that was an appropriate response giving just enough praise for doing what NBA players have to do on a normal basis.

Re: Brads meaning of" really encouraged"
« Reply #958 on: September 05, 2018, 05:52:32 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I guess "really encouraged" is better than simply "encouraged."  It sounds like a pretty good statement to me.  I'll take it.

Re: Brads meaning of" really encouraged"
« Reply #959 on: September 05, 2018, 06:16:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Funny -pretty good
TP