Author Topic: Cold to Hot on Olynyk  (Read 8812 times)

Re: Cold to Hot on Olynyk
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If he had the offense without the IQ and passing, then we could worry that he'd muck things up and not get playing time. 

His IQ and passing guarantees his success in the league imo.  He may have games without alot of numbers but he will have facilitated the offense while drawing the attention of one or two defenders. 

He simply has too much going for him to fail.

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 09:24:43 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I just want to temper expectations a little

His first 4 games he has started at pf with Melo at center.

The guys he has started against have been.....in order  Andrew Nicholson, Tony Mitchel from North Texas, a guy I neeeevvvveeerr heard of, and Terrence Jones. Against Terrence Jones ( a guy that hardly got off the bench last year) he missed all 5 of his 3 point attempts even though he's a good 3 inches taller, he went 3-6 from the line, he fouled 7 times in less than 30 minutes, and he got 5 TOs.  Against Terrence Jones.

I like him too. But he has a ways to go

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 09:28:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

The guys he has started against have been.....in order  Andrew Nicholson, Tony Mitchel from North Texas, a guy I neeeevvvveeerr heard of, and Terrence Jones. Against Terrence Jones ( a guy that hardly got off the bench last year) he missed all 5 of his 3 point attempts even though he's a good 3 inches taller, he went 3-6 from the line, he fouled 7 times in less than 30 minutes, and he got 5 TOs.  Against Terrence Jones.

you serious?? Why don't you play 4 games in 4 days and see if you can stay playing at a high level.

Imo the celts summer league schedule is kind of ridiculous. This is how injuries occur. Celts should of sat Olynyk today. Still he did well statwise. And it was his worse game

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 09:33:54 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
O'Clinic (Olynyk) has been the best player in Summer League IMO. He makes Fab look like a halfway decent player when they are in the line up together
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

you serious?? Why don't you play 4 games in 4 days and see if you can stay playing at a high level.

Imo the celts summer league schedule is kind of ridiculous. This is how injuries occur. Celts should of sat Olynyk today. Still he did well statwise. And it was his worse game
He's like 21. When I was 21 it was no problem whatsoever to play for hours a day for days at a time. He's playing less than 30 minutes a game. He played 4 games against these guys. At some point he'll have to play back to backs against K Love and Boozer or something.  That's harder

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2013, 11:06:51 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
The one thing he's got going for him is his ugly as homemade sin. Lot's of great white celtics have that.

And that hair......
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 11:18:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

He's like 21. When I was 21 it was no problem whatsoever to play for hours a day for days at a time. He's playing less than 30 minutes a game. He played 4 games against these guys. At some point he'll have to play back to backs against K Love and Boozer or something.  That's harder

You played in the NBA? Cool, I didn't know that.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 11:21:47 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

3 days of practice right before the 4 games back to back

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »

Kiorrik

His non-NBA conditioning probably renders that point moot.

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
He helped Gonzaga get to be ranked Number one in the nation.  I think many people thought he would be good, definitely had a good shot at being a lottery pick.  He was not super athletic which maybe made people overlook him, but he definitely got a lot of attention when Gonzaga got the number one ranking.  He averaged 18 points and 7 rebounds!

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 11:36:21 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Even the best get tired after going 4 days straight. If this is how he performs tired, then I'll take it every day (except the fouls of course). Even the best players/better conditioned athletes in the league get tired from just a b2b. Sure, you're better able to bounce back and play through it once you have the right conditioning but it doesn't mean they aren't a little tired, especially the players who do the most on the team.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 11:41:04 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18

Everyone has a starting point, he can only go up against the talent he's presented with. I liketo think once he starts getting quality players to be matched up against he WILL rise to the occasion. i haven't been too excited about many of our rookies, but KO seems different he just seems to have the polished offense that will translate immediately to the NBA. His defense is very underrated, and his rebounding has been just as good as anyone on the Celtics in summer league play

"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 11:50:42 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
I myself can say ive watched the summer league games and have only watched for Olynyk, and it seems everytime down i want him taking the shot lol. I also hope it goes in everytime, ive become a big fan of this kid, i dont know how anyone on here could root against a 7 FT SHOOTER with Ball handling and great post moves for a rookie. Im excited, so excited i created em in the celtics in 2k :p.

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 07:33:05 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

3 days of practice right before the 4 games back to back
When the local mailman runs marathons at the age of 50 it's a little hard to feel bad for a 21 year old that played a half hour of basketball a few days in a row. Oh he's sooooooo tired.   Heck. Rex Ryan ran with the bulls the other day.  It's just not that hard to play basketball every day.

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 08:12:51 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I like how some of you guys are comparing your at the park/YMCA basketball days as a young man to what these guys are going through  ::)
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford