Author Topic: Leave your emotion and bring logic. What can the C's really do this summer?  (Read 6398 times)

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Rondo,Green and Sully are the ones you need to keep unless you're getting a heck of a deal out of it. They would be a nice core to build around.

AB is a nice player, and maybe he will get better, but he's bot a starting SG right now. Hes a guy you bring off the bench and lock down the D for the bench.

Lee has been up and down. I would be okay with him as a starter if he can get his jump shot to fall more often.

If PP and KG wants to make one more go at it with a healthy team(people seem to forget we don't have Rondo and Sully who was starting to make a deference) but bring in an other body to help.

I think Lee,Bass,Melo,Crawford in any combination  would a good sign and trade with Atlanta for Smith if he asks them to send him to Boston. Its not impossible, Nash did it in the LA trade. This way Atlanta gets some talent back that is actually decent.

I think the 16th pick could be helpful even in a bad draft to get some talent along with moving some players.

I'd like to keep Randolph him and Williams show they can play, just need the summer to get the system down, then we would have the back up PG and C.

Wilcox and Green get a full summer to work on their game instead of working on getting healthy.

Barbarossa should come back, maybe by Dec,Feb, I trust him more than Crawford.

I'd like to see if they could get Kover over here. Some thing the C's are missing is the lights out spot up shooter with size. Every thinks they can shoot, but when I trust Green shooting the three more than every one else its time to start looking.

Its hard to say not know what KG and PP will do and how much money we actually do have to spend with out them here. One thing is, trades will have to be made to get things moving forward.
**** if you think that packages gets us smith.  A that point, atl let's him walk for nothing as that woud be a much better option.

agree and smith is not the answer...SMH

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
pray for DMC to get fined or kicked off the kings......

we need a BIG BREaK........

Celtics NEED something to FALL our way......... a FA deal,  a draft pick who ends up rock n. .......something besides injuries for freakin once.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Bass + Terry for McGee

McGee is vastly overpaid, but he is probably better than Bass + Terry.  Denver shaves long term salary and gets some quality for its bench. 

Then trade Lee to Memphis for Tony Allen in a sign and trade (or possibly just for the trade exception which could be used elsewhere).

I'd also explore Jeff Green for Anderson Varejao.  I think Cleveland might do it and Andy would fit in with the rest of the team.

So the team would be
Guards - Rondo, Bradley, Allen, Barbosa
Wings - Pierce, Allen
Bigs - Garnett, McGee, Varejao, Sullinger, Melo

Not exactly a great team, but definitely an improved team especially down low.  That said, I don't see the point.  If Boston isn't going to make a big splash, then it should go into full bore rebuilding.  There is no reason not to at this point.

I love the JaVale McGee trade idea. I would happily do that if Denver have any interest.

I think the Jeff Green for Varejao idea is a good one. Worth exploring.

I would prefer a scoring guard to Tony Allen if Danny managed to land those two big men though. I think the defense would be strong enough to cover for that scoring guard whereas the offense would still need a good boost.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I like the idea of trading Courtney Lee to Minnesota for JJ Barea.

Bring in a proper backup PG with good quality to play behind Rajon Rondo. Give the team a second creator in the backcourt.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Bass + Terry for McGee

I love the JaVale McGee trade idea. I would happily do that if Denver have any interest.

I'd probably do that trade if Denver was willing, but I just don't see any way we'll get that kind of value for Bass/Terry.

Even though Beidrins is terrible, I'd do a Bass & Terry for Beidrins & Rush trade.  Both are expiring contracts at the end of next season.  That is probably the best we could hope for.

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I expect kg and Paul back for one more year. I don't think this is the time to try to trade rondo, ab, green or sully they all need to be given a chance to at least improve their value next season.

I would
1. Trade bass, terry, melo for bargnani
2. Sign Dejuan Blair to mini mid level 3yr 3 mill

2013-2014

Guards
Rondo, ab, lee Crawford,

Forward
Pierce, green, Williams

Bigs
Kg, bargs, sully, Blair Slav
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
We need Rondo healthy and a legit big man!! Plus we dont need 14 guards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline YallahCeltics34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Ok Ok I like everyone's ideas (even though some of them are unrealistic) but how come no one is saying O.J. Mayo? I know we have about a million 2 guards but we could maybe do a sign and trade with Dallas for Mayo and Kaman. We get a decent big, and a REAL scorer in Mayo. I'm not saying that should be the only move but it should be a move Danny considers. Who knows, maybe Dallas wants JET back  :D

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Realistically I think our team is gonna look much the same. Unless Danny can convince some people to trade for Bass, Lee and Terry for nothing so we can free
up money to sign other players.

If KG and Pierce both go, a Josh Smith and Al Jefferson summer would be nice.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like the idea of trading Courtney Lee to Minnesota for JJ Barea.

Bring in a proper backup PG with good quality to play behind Rajon Rondo. Give the team a second creator in the backcourt.

Agree  ;)......I 'd do Lee for Barea as well

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
We need Rondo healthy and a legit big man!! Plus we dont need 14 guards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally I agree, Rondo healthy and a great big man (my prefer Big Al).

Twitter: @Theanswer83

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
We need toughness and energy both, in the starting lineup and comming off the bench.

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

Totally I agree, Rondo healthy and a great big man (my prefer Big Al).

I like Big Al, but the truth is that his defense has taken a couple of steps back.  He can't guard a chair....

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I just realized a thing.

It all depends on Terry, Bass and Lee getting traded and get salary relief.

Jarret Jack should be the FA we should go. Another guy who can bring the ball and set the offense and create his own shots.

Like I said a while ago, we can trade these three for very cheap. I'd want picks for them to be honest but it's plausible to save $10 million if we trade the three. We will have enough money to offer Jack a solid contract.

Although I want the Warriors to resign him as well, ARGH! Dillema.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Bass + Terry for McGee

I'd probably do that trade if Denver was willing, but I just don't see any way we'll get that kind of value for Bass/Terry.

Even though Beidrins is terrible, I'd do a Bass & Terry for Beidrins & Rush trade.  Both are expiring contracts at the end of next season.  That is probably the best we could hope for.

I would do it for Brandon Rush but I wouldn't do it without him in the deal. No interest in Biedrins. He is a worse player than Bass and comparable to Terry's new found low.