Author Topic: Do you agree with Doc that Kobe is hardest working player in nba?  (Read 13341 times)

Re: Do you agree with Doc that Kobe is hardest working player in nba?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 11:37:29 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Overall, I'd say most players drafted in the mid- to late-90's are the most hardworking players in today's NBA.  Mainly because they got a chance to see some of the NBA's best on their way out(Jordan, Malone, Barkley, Stockton, D. Robinson, Olajuwan, etc.).  Seeing this success showed these young(now older) players how much work they had to put in to be great.

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 11:46:45 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Yes, I would. I've seen him take and make contested left hand jumpers against NBA level defense. He has no holes and his game and his only weakness is his own ego/pride.

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 12:01:56 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yup. My respect for Kobe Bryant is off the charts, just like Derek Jeter. Just because you hate the team he plays for, just because you route against him every night, doesn't mean you can't appreciate the hard work and determination that a guy puts into his craft.

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
No matter how much you hate Kobe, you have to respect him. He works as hard as anyone. And before we call him cocky for thinking he is the best in world, let me remind you Paul Pierce said the same thing.

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 04:13:38 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Err. . . No. Did you see Rondo with his twisted arm? or Bradley playing thru the pain?

Doc was merely paying lip service as a commentator.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 05:24:52 AM »

Offline flyofchange

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • "Xs and Os versus checkbooks and bottom lines"
NO! But he should be considering he made 25 million dollars last season  ::)

And for the record, kobe DOES play up alot of his injuries and then the media magnifies it.

Remember in the playoffs 2010-2011 season when he "twisted his ankle" and on the play it was his right ankle he twisted when all his weight and momentum going forward was on his left foot?

99% of what kobe does and says is total crap!

I do believe he put in alot of time and effort back in the day to become a better shooter though, but everything todays is just for the media like when he invited reporters to his "shoot-around" in miami after the loss against the heat  ::)

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:48 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I think Doc knows more then any of us about what's going on in the NBA world. They always said Bird worked harder then anyone when he was on top. Same thing about MJ too. So seeing that Kobe has been one of the best players, if not the overall best player in the world for years now I'm thinking he's the hardest worker.

And before you say KG, remember he came into last season out of shape. Kobe didn't. 
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Probably the hardest-to-please player.

I agree though that he is really a hard-working player. Just look at his upper body and upper extremity muscles - they are big, well-toned and well-rounded. A product of tons of hours in the gym in order to keep his shot steady even in heavy traffic.

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »

Offline celts60

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
Kobe's probably one of the hardest workers.  Interesting to me though I remember reading that Kobe also refuses to take charges, something he learned from MJ and Magic -- as well as seeing what happened to Bird's back.

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Kobe has always seemed highly dedicated to his game and getting better, working out, staying fit, and searching for ways to improve his game by watching film of the greats. He's got to be among the hardest workers even if he's a full blown Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 09:03:04 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
How they heck would we know, just a lot of media reports and fluff about all players.

Kobe never seems to be out of shape going into the season and has the rep as a gym rat, I'm sure he's a hard worker. But he also has the most media clients to pump that angle compared to more marginal NBA talents.

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 09:05:07 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I get that Doc wants to be the nice guy that everyone in the league respects, and that's worked out for him so far. I certainly respect him.

But really, when you're trying to win a championship, why say this kind of thing about anyone that's not one of your own players? He could have said this about KG or Rondo. What does he gain from saying this about Kobe?

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
But really, when you're trying to win a championship, why say this kind of thing about anyone that's not one of your own players? He could have said this about KG or Rondo. What does he gain from saying this about Kobe?
He gains nothing, its just what he thinks. Doc isn't angling for anything here, just making a statement.

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:16 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
He gains nothing, its just what he thinks. Doc isn't angling for anything here, just making a statement.

Well, let me revise my question. Do you think it hurts us? Obviously KG is a professional, but we know how easily Rondo gets ticked off.

Just wondering.

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Well, let me revise my question. Do you think it hurts us? Obviously KG is a professional, but we know how easily Rondo gets ticked off.

Just wondering.
No I don't think it hurts us, Doc has a strong relationship with our core players and I don't think he'd lie to them to "spare their feelings". There are other ways to smooth any diva moments over.