Author Topic: Morey using the Celtics here  (Read 13044 times)

Re: Morey using the Celtics here
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Before anyone gets too carried away with giving away a 1st round pick, check the draft boards. I wrote this on another forum topic. 2013 will be the year of the center with a ton of developmental centers that could be something special. With the number that may come out, one will surely slip to the Celtics. And with the extra 2s the Celtics may be able to move up a spot or two to get the one they want.

Perhaps you are right but we just took a project Center this year.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 10:26:16 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Before anyone gets too carried away with giving away a 1st round pick, check the draft boards. I wrote this on another forum topic. 2013 will be the year of the center with a ton of developmental centers that could be something special. With the number that may come out, one will surely slip to the Celtics. And with the extra 2s the Celtics may be able to move up a spot or two to get the one they want.

I'd risk it.  Let me remind you that we do have Fab Melo.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 10:26:47 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

With a late first round pick, you'd be happy to get the production Lee - who is still fairly young - would provide. You don't pass on the trade because fo that.

My concern would be how much more you'd have to give up. I don't have high hopes for Jajuan Johnson, but I'd like to see him get another year before bailing on him. I could see why we'd have some relucantcy there.

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Fact: Most late 1st rounders don't stay in the league beyond their rookie contracts, let alone become starters or high-rotation players.

Fact: Courtney Lee is a plus-level guy off the bench, and a capable if relatively boring starter in the NBA.

Courtney Lee for a late 1st is a good deal to make.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I was going to end my last post with, I wouldn't mind going to the bargain bin and looking at a guy like Deshawn Stevenson, but GOOD GOD, what happened to Deshawn Stevenson last season?! Shot .285 FROM THE FIELD

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Fact: Most late 1st rounders don't stay in the league beyond their rookie contracts, let alone become starters or high-rotation players.

Fact: Courtney Lee is a plus-level guy off the bench, and a capable if relatively boring starter in the NBA.

Fact: In late August he will have about 15 minutes where 5-10 fake GMS will be desperately trying to trade up to get him.

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I was going to end my last post with, I wouldn't mind going to the bargain bin and looking at a guy like Deshawn Stevenson, but GOOD GOD, what happened to Deshawn Stevenson last season?! Shot .285 FROM THE FIELD

Dahntay Jones?

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Fact: In late August he will have about 15 minutes where 5-10 fake GMS will be desperately trying to trade up to get him.

Fact: No mentioning names.

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Fact: He'll be gone by then if he's a Celtic because someone will take him in the fourth.

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Fact: He'll be gone by then if he's a Celtic because someone will take him in the fourth.

Accompanied w/ a youtube mix set to Kanye West's "Power", of course

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 10:41:45 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Dahntay Jones?

Ya, I wouldn't mind Jones one bit to fill the void while we wait for Bradley's return.

To be clear, I'd prefer Courtney Lee and would have no problem giving up a first round pick for him. I just would have some hesitancy including Triple J in the deal.

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I'm starting to think the C's are better off trying to do a S&T with Dallas for JET, instead of using MLE on him...

Dallas is going to need to fill up that roster at some point, might as well be with a handful of expendable guys. They don't seem to angry over JET leaving, and they can get something for nothing. Need about $4m going out - Dooling, Williams, Moore get them there.

C's can hold onto BAE and MLE and see what falls through, for example I haven't seen any serious rumors of Kaman going anywhere, would be nice if he's available for the MLE (but maybe not realistic.) Especially if AB is so good as to be untradeable, Lee and JET is overkill. Bring back Peaches and Daniels to add wing depth if needed.

KG / Kaman
Bass / Sullinger
Pierce / Green
(once healthy) AB / Pietrus
Rondo / Jet

If they could sign Wilcox for the vet min, then KG could start at PF and Kaman at C. I don't know if there is anyone else out there like Kaman worth the MLE - but if not they could still go after Lee with MLE.

From a rotation stand point:

Wings and Guards: Rondo, Pierce, AB, Green, Jet should be able to eat all your minutes, and you have system guys for depth in Daniels and Pietrus.

Bigs: KG, Kaman, Bass is a  nice sized lineup that can bang, plus Wilcox and Sully can alternate minutes depending on the other team's matchup.

In games where they play small a lot, instead of using fourth big, Doc can use an extra wing and Green at PF.

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I would gladly give away a first for Lee.
Next years draft is darn weak.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72

Dahntay Jones?

Ya, I wouldn't mind Jones one bit to fill the void while we wait for Bradley's return.

To be clear, I'd prefer Courtney Lee and would have no problem giving up a first round pick for him. I just would have some hesitancy including Triple J in the deal.
JJJ has no value to me, completely unproven. Would Houston want him as anything more than sallary filler? Don't think so, and there are better guys to fill salary than him. (Unless Dooling won't do sign and trade.)

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 11:00:06 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Dahntay Jones?

JJJ has no value to me, completely unproven. Would Houston want him as anything more than sallary filler? Don't think so, and there are better guys to fill salary than him. (Unless Dooling won't do sign and trade.)

If you're Houston, would you prefer taking on a gamble a tall, athletic, young player who probably won't pan out or Keyon Dooling?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:05:31 AM by StartOrien »