Author Topic: Morey using the Celtics here  (Read 13038 times)

Morey using the Celtics here
« on: July 11, 2012, 03:27:11 AM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
He's trying to lure the C's to give up a 1st round pick for Lee, to then package it in a trade to the Magic, the domino effect of a potential Lee sign and trade, Howard goes to the Lakers.

Why would Lee talk about Morey liking picks and the C's should give up to get him ? Slip of tongue maybe, he's not smart kid.

And honestly I don't like Lee and certainly he's not worth to give up a first round pick.

Re: Morey using the Celtics here
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:48:34 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Go after Gerald Green hard for nothing, or go get T-Mac from the everything must go Hawks & play him at the 3 w/ Jeff Green & slide Pierce to the 2 gaurd. Or just start T-Mac at the 2 for limited until Avery Bradley gets back. But definitely NO LEE for anything over 2 million & definitely No draft picks, he's not worth it.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:06:56 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I'd gladly give up a first in next years draft if that quickly gets Lee in here on a 2 or 3 year deal.

Our pick will probably be above 25, we have enough of those guys on our team to work on, I'd rather have a guy who I know has a polished NBA game with Lee.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 04:26:10 AM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
I think Lee for a first rounder is a good move, and I'm more concerned with us getting better than I am watching what the Lakers are doing.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 04:35:58 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'd gladly give up a first in next years draft if that quickly gets Lee in here on a 2 or 3 year deal.

Our pick will probably be above 25, we have enough of those guys on our team to work on, I'd rather have a guy who I know has a polished NBA game with Lee.
Yea, still id be p---ed if we were the final team needed in a trade that sent Howard to LA
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:02:55 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I'd give up next year's first for Lee if the contract was low enough we could still fit Stiemsma in there.  Arguably next year's first round pick won't be worth as much as Charlotte's 2nd round pick we have because of guaranteed 1st round contracts.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 08:20:53 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Any possibility we could get a 2nd rounder back from Houston? I hate losing draft picks.  Particularly when our GM can find some diamonds in the rough.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 08:37:34 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
He's trying to lure the C's to give up a 1st round pick for Lee, to then package it in a trade to the Magic, the domino effect of a potential Lee sign and trade, Howard goes to the Lakers.

Why would Lee talk about Morey liking picks and the C's should give up to get him ? Slip of tongue maybe, he's not smart kid.

And honestly I don't like Lee and certainly he's not worth to give up a first round pick.

Lee is most definitely worth a first round pick.  Especially one that will be late in the round like ours hopefully will.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 08:42:33 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I like Lee's game--I didn't like his pitching for the picks.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 08:44:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think Houston is trying to get Howard to the Lakers, they want him for themselves.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Why?

He's trying to get himself sign and traded, that means Houston will have to get something out of it.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Why?

He's trying to get himself sign and traded, that means Houston will have to get something out of it.

He's telling his purported new GM how to do his job and in a sense negotiating for his old team.  Just thought it was out of place.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 08:55:46 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Then give them  a future pick lottery protected. Get Lee on this team sign wilcox call it an off-season.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Why?

He's telling his purported new GM how to do his job and in a sense negotiating for his old team.  Just thought it was out of place.
He said that it'd have to be a sign and trade to get to the C's, that's just a factual statement.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 09:00:50 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
And made an observation that Morey likes draft picks... no problem there.