Author Topic: Sam Amico: Celtics interested in Sullinger  (Read 15797 times)

Re: Sam Amico: Celtics interested in Sullinger
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 12:08:09 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Longer, leaner Big Baby with better shooting %s sounds pretty good. 

A high quality starter and worth a couple of late first-rounders.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 12:36:56 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
man look if Sullinger drops to us at 21 we HAVE to take him without question if he stays healthy dat could be one of da steals of da drafts his offensive game is SO polished

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 12:40:54 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Any workout vids of the kid don't watch college so don't know who he is ?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 04:09:31 AM »

Offline Kathleen5

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
thumbs up

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 06:31:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Here is some vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GHhA6ET2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGdcPYJkg70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88nQnJTbwwo&feature=related

What scares me is his lack of elevation.  I recall how often Glen got blocked and how he became a serial jump shooter.

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:01 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Nooooooooooooo..he has bust written all over him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 07:26:02 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I'd be happy as hell if he fell to us but I don't like the idea of moving up to get him

When it is mentioned that the Celtics might "trade up" we are not talking about moving up into the lottery.  We talking about maybe moving up 3 or 4 spots.

If Sullinger slides into the late teens, teams will get interested.  We don't want another Danny Granger or Kenneth Faried episode.  If a guy with that kind of skill and production in college is there, and you have to trade an asset to get him (my guess is Brooklyn's 2nd rounder next year will get it done) then you do it.

Sullinger may be a bust because of his health, but he won't be because of his skill.  He used to be a Top 10 projection.  You don't let those guys slide by.

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
rather stay at 21 and pick nicholson then trade up for sullinger, not a big fan of trading up in this draft don't see what significantly better at 10 or 11 (which is where you end up if you trade both picks, maybe) than at 20, 21. I think the relative strength of this draft is in the early twenties.

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 08:37:10 AM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Here is some vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GHhA6ET2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGdcPYJkg70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88nQnJTbwwo&feature=related

What scares me is his lack of elevation.  I recall how often Glen got blocked and how he became a serial jump shooter.

As I mentioned before in other threads, he has a very good skill set and a willing banger down low.

However, you bring up a good point about him not having elevation, which is worrisome particularly for someone who has back problems.  It blows my mind that his back issues aren't a concern to anybody on this board.  Maybe its because I have back issues and know first hand how debilitating it can be.  I was an all american track athlete in jumping, and having back issues completely robs you of any explosive athletic ability you have.

Now, you take someone who is not that athletic to begin with, who seems to be a little overweight, with a potentially serious back condition and no one thinks thats a problem?

This isn't an attack on Jared, or his game.  In fact if his back weren't an issue I can see taking him.  But again, DO NOT overlook his back problems!

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The thing about Sullinger if he does slide, is that I think the C's would be really buying low on him.  Especially if KG comes back next year, I think his value could soar after a year or two playing with KG and Rondo.  He was constantly double and triple teamed in college, but playing with those guys, he will get open shots, and be able to clean up the boards. 

So, while I love his potential and immediate impact on this team, what I really love is the chance of him turning into a major asset in a year or two, that can really help this team reload on the fly.

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, as others have said, I'd be very happy if he slipped.  I'd certainly be willing to "move up" for him if it didn't require losing both of our 1st rounders (meaning that we trade our second round pick or E'Twaun Moore with one of the first rounders).  

If Danny is going to trade both first rounders for him, he

A) Needs to be darn sure that this injury isn't serious

and

B) Sullinger must be a lot closer to David West than Brandon Bass.  

Bass value at 21 or 22 is good value.  But we shouldn't have to trade both picks to get that.  

Sullinger would also be a nice fit for next year, as he's NBA ready and has the bulk to guard some centers, giving KG at least some opportunities to get some breaks at the 5 (with KG switching to the 4 defensively). 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:42:40 AM by Jon »

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Here is a link to the draft express scouting video they are the best free scouting videos on the web if you want to check them out for other people.
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Jared-Sullinger-Video-Scouting-Report-3989/
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Here is a link to the draft express scouting video they are the best free scouting videos on the web if you want to check them out for other people.
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Jared-Sullinger-Video-Scouting-Report-3989/

Ugh!  I don't get all the hype!  Im starting to feel he will be a lesser version of Big Baby.  Not as good a jump shooter and will have the same problem if not worse, trying to score over big men. 

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Guy with a bad back that can't jump  ::)

And we him why  ???

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'd be happy as hell if he fell to us but I don't like the idea of moving up to get him

When it is mentioned that the Celtics might "trade up" we are not talking about moving up into the lottery.  We talking about maybe moving up 3 or 4 spots.

If Sullinger slides into the late teens, teams will get interested.  We don't want another Danny Granger or Kenneth Faried episode.  If a guy with that kind of skill and production in college is there, and you have to trade an asset to get him (my guess is Brooklyn's 2nd rounder next year will get it done) then you do it.

Sullinger may be a bust because of his health, but he won't be because of his skill.  He used to be a Top 10 projection.  You don't let those guys slide by.
I'd rather not move up to get him BUT if Danny were to do so, I'd prefer he use this year's second rounder than the Brooklyn/NJ pick next year.  that will be a much higher pick.