Author Topic: Sam Amico: Celtics interested in Sullinger  (Read 15831 times)

Re: Sam Amico: Celtics interested in Sullinger
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I'd be happy as hell if he fell to us but I don't like the idea of moving up to get him
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 09:53:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
rather have nicholson.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »

Offline FrDrake

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I wouldn't mind him if he drops and we get Royce White with the other pick. Not worth moving up at all. I'd prefer Jeff Taylor over him, even Nicholson and Harkless.

Agreed Sullinger is worth a pick if he slides but he's not worth trading up for.  When I saw him play this year he certainly showed skills in the post but besides long arms he looked undersized and not athletic enough for the NBA.  

To me he looks like an above average role player in the NBA, which is great if you draft him at 21 but not so great at 10 or even 15.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Don't like the idea of trading up to get him - we have enough issues with injuries. Those back issues scare me.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2012, 10:18:03 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Don't like the idea of trading up to get him - we have enough issues with injuries. Those back issues scare me.

agreed - i've had enough of signing veterans who get injured  or acquire serious medical conditions like clockwork once they sign with the Celtics - i sure don't want to start drafting rookies who have injury problems before they attend their first practice.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think he is worth trading up for. This is a case of a player staying in a year too long and getting over-analyzed. He's ready to play right away and could really end up being a very good player.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 10:26:29 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
How can anyone speculate about his value without more info?  Apparently the issue stems from "extremely tight hamstrings" caused by an unknown past injury to the hamstring.  This influences the back somehow -- I don't understand it. 

But, I would think NBA GMs will do their due dilligence and if he does fall to 21 it might be 1. because the risk is really high, or 2. because there is so much talent out there that even at low risk he isn't worth it.   Will be an interesting decision if he falls.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 10:44:06 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I think he is worth trading up for. This is a case of a player staying in a year too long and getting over-analyzed. He's ready to play right away and could really end up being a very good player.

Agreed.  Kid is gonna be a steal if he goes outside the top 10.

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i dont know mr sull

no u tube hi light vids?

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 10:46:16 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
- Jared Sullinger has been red-flagged by NBA doctors, who cited concerns with his back, and most GMs feel that it will, in fact, cause his draft stock to slide. Sullinger’s lack of overall athleticism had already created some doubts, and perceived medical issues certainly won’t help. That said, the Celtics reportedly wouldn’t mind giving him a shot, and might look to trade up (if necessary) to do so. Right now, they own the Nos. 21 and 22 picks in the first round.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/19/12/NBA-Rumors--Draft-News-Day-10/landing.html?blockID=748790&feedID=3725

I wouldn't mind drafting him at all if he slips to 21, but not so sure I would trade up to get him.

What do you guys think ?

This guy was a projected top three draft pick going into the season. Because Ohio St. didn't come away with the title, his stock has taken a dip for "guys with more upside." I'll take a proven commodity over upside any day.

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
No god no. He's in the Glen Davis, Leon Powe, Carl Landry mode but slightly better and with a more versatile post game. Absolute best case scenario is David West. That's not worth trading up for.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 11:08:28 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Back issues and no athletic ability, no thanks.

+1 only if he falls to us..

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
different sport, but you know who else supposedly had back issues? rob gronkowski....i'll take my chances with sullinger

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2012, 11:50:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
No god no. He's in the Glen Davis, Leon Powe, Carl Landry mode but slightly better and with a more versatile post game. Absolute best case scenario is David West. That's not worth trading up for.

David West, if you knew you'd get David West, would be a top 5 or 6 pick in nearly any draft.

I'm all for taking Sullinger if he falls, but if we significantly hamstring any attempt at the rebuild on the fly, I'm against it. Id be more comfortable taking a flier on a high-potential target if it meant giving up assets than I would Sullinger.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
different sport, but you know who else supposedly had back issues? rob gronkowski....i'll take my chances with sullinger

Yea, Dwight Howard is coming off back surgery for a slipped disc and everyone wants to trade the farm for him.

Not to mention that Gronkowski is, well, an NFL football player. Those guys put way more stress on their backs than NBA players by far.