Author Topic: Celtics vs Heat ECFs: How do we match up?  (Read 12934 times)

Re: Celtics vs Heat ECFs: How do we match up?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Individual matchups dont matter as much as tempo and style. If we can turn it into a half-court bar fight we can win. If they're always running a fast break we will get blown out every game.

Bass and KG HAVE to do some damage inside. Long jumpers equal long rebounds in the break. Pierce and Rondo need to get inside. It's our only chance..

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2012, 02:27:47 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Individual matchups dont matter as much as tempo and style. If we can turn it into a half-court bar fight we can win. If they're always running a fast break we will get blown out every game.

Which means the C's cannot turn the ball over against this team unless people want to see highlight dunks.

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I really like the idea of Pietrus on Wade.  Doc need to talk Pietrus personally and tell him we need him more than ever in this series.  I really hope Doc don't go with Ray on Wade.  If we're going down, that's what's going to kill us.

Peitrus on Wade and we got the rest.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2012, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Which means the C's cannot turn the ball over against this team unless people want to see highlight dunks.

All This !!   We don't rebound anyway , so everytime we brick a long three , chances are Wade and Bron turn it into a dunk at the other end.  Sloppy ballhandling and Bron and Wade willpick our pockets and end in more brakeaway dunks.

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
The Heat will absolutely own the matchups of LeBron and Wade.  This is almost certain.  On the opposite end, the Celtics should absolutely own the matchups of Rondo and KG.  I think this series is going to come down to the role players.  Who can step up and make some important shots.
It comes down to our role players more than theirs; KG/Rondo won't win their matchups by the margins that Wade/Lebron will.

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 04:33:07 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The Heat will absolutely own the matchups of LeBron and Wade.  This is almost certain.  On the opposite end, the Celtics should absolutely own the matchups of Rondo and KG.  I think this series is going to come down to the role players.  Who can step up and make some important shots.
It comes down to our role players more than theirs; KG/Rondo won't win their matchups by the margins that Wade/Lebron will.

well Pierce will score his fair share of points, so not much margin there. Wade will own his matchup with Allen. KG should destroy all their bigs

it WILL come down to the bench, and both our bench is doo-doo. We have two 7 footers on our bench that can barely rebound and they have undersized big men on the bench that can rebound, so....

and our bench can't score much either. They have James Jones coming out that can pop the open threes. We have Pietrus that can help defensively but not much offensively in my opinion. He dies and lives by the 3s, and watching Keyon popping threes kills me :(

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Jones has been pretty bad shooting 3s these playoffs

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
If we can limit their fast break points, and Wade/Bron's ability to drive I think we can do very well.  They haven't been shooting very well from outside, so I'm sure we'll see plenty of zone.

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2012, 05:07:40 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Key issues to beat Miami

1. team play, no being selfish
2. good defence on LJ and DW
3. pressing

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Key issues to beat Miami

3. pressing

no turnovers

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Key issues to beat Miami

3. pressing

no turnovers

and Rondo having 2 arms

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
While PP and Ray are capable of going off, I really think the key here is KG and Rondo.  If Bosh is out, the Heat have no answer and the Celtics should be looking to get KG 30+ each night in the post. 

Same with Rondo.  If Bosh isn't there, he should be penetrating at well.  He needs to either make the Miami defense collapse OR punish them for not doing so. 

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »

Offline CelticsFanNC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
  Healthy we match up really well.  They don't match up with us nearly as well as we match up with them. 

They can't guard Rondo or KG.  Pierce does as well as anyone against LeBron and sometimes gets the better of him.  Wade is tough but he has trouble guarding Ray.

The issue is neither team is healthy.  Miami is missing one big piece and has a few guys hurting.  Boston is missing a number of pieces with other guys hurting.   Who knows how it is going to wash out.

It's going to come down to who can control the pace of the games.   The Celtic's need to make Miami play against their half court defense.  If they get out into the open court consistently, we're in big trouble

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Wade is not 100%, that knee has been bothering him since the regular season, and he had temporary improvement in the Pacers series when he had it drained. I say give him a taste of his own medicine and have Hollins twist his knee in game 1. If it was any other player I wouldn't suggest this, but Wade very well deserves it after doing this stuff to others more than once.

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Our role players, Brandon Bass, Ray Allen, Mickael Pietrus, and Keyon Dooling, have to make some shots.  Simple, I know, but that's the key to being competitive against the Heat and giving ourselves a shot to win the series.

James and Wade are obviously a handful, but I have no doubt that the Celtics will find a way to play Celtic D for large stretches of games and not let the Heat put up crooked numbers against us. 

KG, Rondo, and Pierce can't be expected to continue to carry us offensively without bigger contributions from some other guys, though.  I'm encouraged that Brandon seems to have gotten over his playoff jitters to some extent and looks ready to continue to contribute more scoring.  Ray hit the two big threes at the end of game seven.  I'm hoping for a confidence carry over into the Heat series.  MP and Dooling need to be spot up shooters when they are out there and hit some jumpers. 

If we can get some offensive contributions from other guys, I like our chances. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson