Author Topic: better for round 2: sixers or rose-less bulls?  (Read 12711 times)

Re: better for round 2: sixers or rose-less bulls?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012, 01:32:04 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
dr. J was just hired yesterday as an advisory role for the sixers.

this means if we go against the sixers, we'd be, in a way, going against dr. j  again. (I know its a front office job, but i just want to relive the rivalry i never got to see)

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2012, 01:45:00 AM »

Offline GDAbraham

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
It's very close.  I think the Sixers and the Bulls without Rose are very close.

I guess I'd say the Sixers, because they don't have the Thibodeau defense.
I'd say it depends way more on the Celts than the opponent. I'm not done with the Hawks yet. Hawks fans have every right to think they could have this if they had J Smith and Al Horford

The hypothetical could be applied to all sides, though. This crammed season must've been brutal for everyone and it's almost a who can survive the best game like Barkley said. We had to rest our guys out of necessity and lost some rhythm. Atlanta has lost far more, although, I think Joe would be playing similarly if they were all healthy. I think they've been more impressive in the perseverance category in these circumstances, but if you're talking both teams playing well and healthier I think it'd be closer to what we saw in the regular season. Even what we're seeing now isn't that far from what we saw from them before. The main difference being their health got worse and we haven't played a good game yet despite being up 2.

The only reason why I can't get on board with the idea of them sending us packing on a more even playing field is Joe's tendency to either disappear or be controlled and that they don't have Jamal Crawford instead of Tracy. Nonetheless, considering the current circumstances between both teams, we still have a lot of work to do before thinking of anything after.

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Hope I'm just being paranoid  ??? We are up on the Hawks , but for some reason I still feel like the Celtics are NOT in control of this series yet.  Way I see it ; we lost one, and dodged TWO bullets.  Why do I still feel like the underdog in this race....? 

I'm still concerned about finishing off the Hawks.  They are a tuff out . :-X

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 01:30:41 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
^bet you dont feel like that anymore.

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 01:59:06 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
horford's back.  Might be tough to beat them in Atlanta... especially if Pierce is missing time with the knee issue.  I wouldn't say it's over yet.  Probably will finish them off in game 6, though.

Boston vs Philly would be fun.

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2012, 02:15:53 AM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
horford's back.  Might be tough to beat them in Atlanta... especially if Pierce is missing time with the knee issue.  I wouldn't say it's over yet.  Probably will finish them off in game 6, though.

We just blew them out by 40 that was a "must win game" for Atlanta, with all their pieces.

Factor in that Atlanta is the most mentaly weak team in the playoffs for the past decade, and this series is over and the 76ers as an 8th seed are banged up also.

Boston is a lock for the ECF. I hope we sweep the next round to get our guys rested for Miami.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 02:55:00 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674

We just blew them out by 40 that was a "must win game" for Atlanta, with all their pieces.

Factor in that Atlanta is the most mentaly weak team in the playoffs for the past decade, and this series is over and the 76ers as an 8th seed are banged up also.

Boston is a lock for the ECF. I hope we sweep the next round to get our guys rested for Miami.

I bet Chicago thought they were a lock for the second round, too. 

Let's not put the cart before the horse.  A lot can happen between now and the ECF.

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 07:20:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
When I panicked for nothing about Atlanta , I would have figured last night was their BIG night to showup , and they even brought Horford back and we still destroyed them.  ;D

WOuld be nice if we could finish em next game and be done , get extra rest and practice .

I won't be surprized to see the series go 6 though.

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 09:15:20 AM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
i just hope the bulls/sixers goes into 7 games, with the rest of their games averaging at least 2OTs per contest.

and i hope we finish off the hawks the next game lol so everyone can rest.

i think we matchup better against the sixers (even if bulls dont have rose and noah). sixers big man (hawes) is a more finesse player who likes to shoot from the outside which bodes well for garnett. plus they have a lot more wings than big guys which makes that matchup more interesting.

regardless of who we play, that series is going in 6 or 7 games for sure. both teams are going to play us tough. i just hope the pacers can do the same to the heat.

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 09:18:29 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm not quite ready to look past the Hawks yet.  I'm getting closer, though.  If we can get just one more win, then I think we're a lock to advance to the second round.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm not quite ready to look past the Hawks yet.  I'm getting closer, though.  If we can get just one more win, then I think we're a lock to advance to the second round.
I really don't get the chatter about fans looking ahead, the players aren't reading speculative forum topics on their rest days.

Edit: Especially when we're pretty talked out about the Hawks at this point. There really isn't a ton more we can discuss given that we've played 4 games against them and seen most of each coaches options already.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:35:41 AM by Fafnir »

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 09:44:14 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm not quite ready to look past the Hawks yet.  I'm getting closer, though.  If we can get just one more win, then I think we're a lock to advance to the second round.
I really don't get the chatter about fans looking ahead, the players aren't reading speculative forum topics on their rest days.

Edit: Especially when we're pretty talked out about the Hawks at this point. There really isn't a ton more we can discuss given that we've played 4 games against them and seen most of each coaches options already.

Call me superstitious, I guess.  I just don't think it's good form. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
sixers win

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
sixers is the only choice

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2012, 10:24:42 PM »

Offline TAllen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
we need to get there first.