Author Topic: better for round 2: sixers or rose-less bulls?  (Read 12710 times)

Re: better for round 2: sixers or rose-less bulls?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 05:54:41 AM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Sixers.
But only because of home court advantage.
Anyway: i fear sixers are a bad Matchup to us
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:16:03 AM by Jack_Frost »

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 07:13:02 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
They're both potentially tough for the C's, but if Noah is out of course the Bulls are easier--they're just unlikely to get them.

I'd say home court and Thibs balance out for the C's otherwise, however.  So even if they get to it and it's the Sixers because Noah went down, that's still a bit of a break over a healthy Noah and the Rose-less Bulls.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I don't know.  The 76ers could run the C's off the court...and the Bulls have played great all year without Rose....  depends, as always, on which C's team shows up to play.

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd still rather player the 76ers even if Noah is a bit gimpy, HCA and the lack of rebounding to kill us.

Still its getting closer as each Bulls player gets hurt...

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 09:29:51 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Here's what the Tribune has posted on Noah:

"Noah is in bad shape. Initial X-rays were negative, however the team hasn't ruled out a fracture, two sources said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0505-bulls-76ers-chicago--20120505,0,6959151.story

And the Sun-Times has a brutal picture of when he did it:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/12327476-419/bulls-in-2-1-hole-after-joakim-noahs-injury-4th-quarter-collapse.html

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
It matters not ... if we play our best ball, we can beat anyone, if not, anyone can beat us. Philly and Chicago-sans-Rose are about the same as opponents, in my opinion, and one is not preferable over the other. As I said, just play at our best and we'll get to the next round, if we do the same in this one, (and cross that bridge when we get to it).

Totally agree with that. Regardless, Celtics can beat anyone

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
The Sixers scare me a bit with their youthful athleticism on defense--they can get after it just as much as the Bulls, with or without Rose. However, Chicago has proven without a doubt that they can win without their best player, and the quality of their bigs is much better than the Sixer's. And both teams have one of the top wing defenders to guard Pierce in Iggy or Deng. PG matchup favors us in a landslide either way. So, much rather play a young Philly team.

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Noah is out I'd much rather play the bulls
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 10:36:01 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
J noah lefhe game with 7 min left with an ankle sprain....

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
If Noah is out I'd much rather play the bulls

me too, although Asik can still kill our team on the boards all by himself

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I gotta agree with those who say it doesn't matter.

It's all in the Celtics hands.  If they play their game, it will be us and Miami in the ECF.

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Sixers, 'cause Thibs knows us too well and Asik, Noah and Boozer murder us when it comes to rebounds.

And if the Truth stands up, he can take Iggy any time. Bradley and Rondo can beat up Turner and Holiday and steal their lunch money. So can KG with Hawes or Brand.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Assuming Noah bounces back, I'd take the Sixers.  The Bulls have too much size.  The Sixers actually like to play some small ball, which works great for us, since our best linueps feature the Big Four plus either Bradley, Bass, or Pietrus. 

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2012, 12:06:56 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Assuming Noah bounces back, I'd take the Sixers.  The Bulls have too much size.  The Sixers actually like to play some small ball, which works great for us, since our best linueps feature the Big Four plus either Bradley, Bass, or Pietrus. 

exactly what I want to say. The Bulls even without Rose is the league's best rebounding team. While we are the league's worst rebounding team. I rather not face the Bulls. 76ers as the above said like to play small ball. We should be able to handle them no problem.

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

exactly what I want to say. The Bulls even without Rose is the league's best rebounding team. While we are the league's worst rebounding team. I rather not face the Bulls. 76ers as the above said like to play small ball. We should be able to handle them no problem.
We're not the worst in the league, we're solidly better than the Bobcats and Warriors  :P.