Author Topic: Who Does Rondo Think He Is?  (Read 5670 times)

Re: Who Does Rondo Think He Is?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Seriously, I don't know why Rondo has all of a sudden become the voice of the Celtics.

He's become the voice of the Celtics because everyone else has refused to -- the Big Three & Sheed, oftentimes, have failed to be the leaders they should be. Besides, point guards (especially good ones) are usually team leaders, so why NOT Rondo?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
he is the guy that shows the most effort  most nights

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 07:00:23 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Rondo isn't the only one who has been down on the team this season... plenty of people have said things.

Rondo is the floor general. He has been the best player on the team all season. If he's going to step up and be a team leader, I can only see that as being a good thing... he'll be ready when the team is all his when Pierce, KG, and Ray are gone.

Rondo is the one player on this team you don't trade. He plays the point the way it is meant to be played. We are lucky to have our youngest player and our best player be the same person.

Rondo is not "okay"... he may not be "great" either, but he's a lot closer to "great" than "okay". He did just break the team's assist record and steals record... I think those are a couple really big accomplishments.

His shot is continuing to improve... in fact I think every year he's played since he was drafted he has statistically improved in the majority of categories.

Also... his comment was accurate. It may have even been too light. It's more than just an "aura" that they have lost.

I agree.  I actually like what both our 'next generation' leaders, Rondo and Perk, have been saying this season more than what the Great Decrepits have been saying.  The GDs have been making excuses left and right, whereas the young guys have been harder on the team--and holding up the standard.

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 07:12:21 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
The comment is true and fine, and Rondo played a great game last night.

Um, no.  The game is played on two ends and Rondo has seemed to forget that. 

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 07:21:31 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Lets see, the refs give no respect to PP or KG, varajo, pachula and ginobli whack KG around and get in his face, Rondo get leveled and no one on the C's ever do anything about it.....it is fine with me to hit back 2x as hard after getting hit....dirty that is.....that is all people respect these days.....

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2010, 09:50:24 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
"We've lost our aura of greatness" says Rondo according to a recent post on this site.

Hmmmm, I had no idea that Rajon Rondo has become the new coach of the Boston Celtics. When did this happen?  Couldn't somebody have told me? ;D

Seriously, I don't know why Rondo has all of a sudden become the voice of the Celtics considering he's the youngest player on the team, but maybe he should look in the mirror.

For all of his assists, tying Cousy's record, blah blah blah, he also causes alot of turnovers. Did anyone catch the pass he made to Pierce yesterday that landed in loge 16, row 23?

Or how about the two bad passes he made to Shelden?  At least he was shooting the ball yesterday and played decent defense.

Look, I think Rondo is okay but he's not great and don't understand why he's the one that's speaking up against the team.

I really hope Danny keeps his options open this summer. I would definitely shop Rondo and can probably get a couple decent players in return.

Now I am ready to be burnt at the stake :'(

Rondo is the best player on this team, and he will be the captain of the team after Pierce steps down...

and he's right. This post really doesn't make any sense.

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Anyone else think that Rondo might start taking over games in the playoffs ala Derrick Rose? I think he has the potential to take over games but is hesitant at times, probably because of too much respect for the big three.

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 10:24:09 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Radiohead, I couldnt have said it any better then you just did! Yes, I think Rondo is hesitant to take over games when he often could and I think he will do so more in the playoffs.

To answer 'Who does Rondo think he is"? Maybe he thinks he is the best player on this team. A guy who just broke a 50 year old Celtics record and another club record or two before the year ends is pretty good for a player in his 3rd year.

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 10:29:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Anyone else think that Rondo might start taking over games in the playoffs ala Derrick Rose? I think he has the potential to take over games but is hesitant at times, probably because of too much respect for the big three.
Nope -- for that reason + Doc and the rest of the players have pointed him away from that possibility and asked him to be of a distributor/floor general than a scorer/playmaker.

I think the team's offense and their playoff chances would have improved if Doc had of made a point of emphasis to try and prepare Rondo for this role over the final third of the season. Pierce and Garnett clearly weren't giving enough offensively and Rondo was the only other player on the roster capable of stepping up and filling some of that void. Rondo needed that experience, and the rest of the team (especially the Big Three) needed that experience too (of playing off of Rondo and spending less time as go-to threats).

Without that experience and without that emphasis from Doc/Big Three ... I don't see Rondo trying to take over playoff games in that manner. Not this season.

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2010, 02:18:58 AM »

Kiorrik

A guy who just broke a 50 year old Celtics record and another club record or two before the year ends is pretty good for a player in his 3rd year.
This, in my opinion, cannot be overstated. He didn't even break the record by just "1 or 2" either.