Author Topic: Who Does Rondo Think He Is?  (Read 5675 times)

Re: Who Does Rondo Think He Is?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I feel like I could break this team into three categories. The guys who see the issue(RR,RA,KG), the guys in denial(PP,RW,KP), the guys who are just hear for the ride(GD,NR,MD, and everyone else). There's not enough of a sense of urgency in this team and guys seem to be in different places concerning this team. IMO, Rondo's viewpoint is the correct viewpoint and I wish more of the team saw it the same way.

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
The comment is true and fine, and Rondo played a great game last night.

Great offensive game, poor defensive game. Aaron Brooks had 30 ppoints and got to wherever he wanted to go the entire game.

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 11:16:06 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Rondo thinks he's the man...

...and he is
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 11:32:24 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The comment is true and fine, and Rondo played a great game last night.

Great offensive game, poor defensive game. Aaron Brooks had 30 ppoints and got to wherever he wanted to go the entire game.

I saw mosty of the game, and every time I saw Brooks go by Rondo, he called for someone to come out and set a pick to get past Rondo. He might have beat him off the dribble once or twice but he wasn't that successful at it.

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
His man got thirty last game. Yes he had 5 steals; but who cares we lost and his man was a big reason.

As for the whole age thing. I think that is the problem with this team (and its management). We just got toasted by two young teams that are playing well together. The only reason we need veterans is because we have a lazy coach (there I said it).

So no I don't have a problem with Rondo speaking up; but I do have a problem with his defense and a coaching staff that has a defense that its players can't implement due to age and lack of quickness. Also, has there ever been a coach in the NBA that is worse at managing end of game situations?

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
I feel like I could break this team into three categories. The guys who see the issue(RR,RA,KG), the guys in denial(PP,RW,KP), the guys who are just hear for the ride(GD,NR,MD, and everyone else). There's not enough of a sense of urgency in this team and guys seem to be in different places concerning this team. IMO, Rondo's viewpoint is the correct viewpoint and I wish more of the team saw it the same way.

The way I see it is, Rondo, Perk & Ray are the ones who HONESTLY speak about this team and its problems, without sugar coating anything... With Rondo being the one who (like KG said) wants it more than anyone on the team. He's young, and really wants another ring, but sometimes I feel like he feels like he can't do much with the big three aging like this...

Pierce, KG, and Sheed get on my nerves with their sugarcoating, delusional, same words mixed around talk after each game loss. Its the same talk each post game... And the guys who are inconsistent with their play... (the bench)... I actually was fairly shocked when I read the quote, to see that someone FINALLY gives honest opinion about the team, while being a player... I am still a little shocked to be honest that he came out like that.

I don't think age should be a reason why he shouldn't speak out against the team. That's not fair. I don't like that philosophy, and I feel that was a major reason why that drama started last year within the team regarding the old and young players speaking out in a team meeting.

Rondo has been the most consistent player on this team all season...
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
I'm against trading Rondo because I don't think the Celtics will be able to get anyone better than him in the trade market. They won't be able to upgrade him.

I think Rondo has more value as a player than as a trade asset.

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I'm glad at least one of the Celtics gets the reality of the situation.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 02:40:11 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

...and he is

Exactly. I like to hear Rondo calling out the team and being honest, he tells it like it is and it's kind of a relief to see that some guys on this team really care A LOT and are driven to play every night. Especially when you see that from Rondo when he was well-known, not so long ago (last season actually), for taking "nights off" on a fairly regular basis.

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Rondo needs to be the man... and the ball needs to be IN HIS HANDS at the end of quarter/regulation when game is on the line. 

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

...and he is

Exactly. I like to hear Rondo calling out the team and being honest, he tells it like it is and it's kind of a relief to see that some guys on this team really care A LOT and are driven to play every night. Especially when you see that from Rondo when he was well-known, not so long ago (last season actually), for taking "nights off" on a fairly regular basis.
We need our players to say it like it is, if kg or pp were to call out 'sheed on 1/2 ass playing it might actually have an effect
I'm all for rondo speaking his mind.  Fond memories of bird & mchale interviews saying how bad they were etc.

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Rondo needs to be the man... and the ball needs to be IN HIS HANDS at the end of quarter/regulation when game is on the line. 

The ball needs to be in the hands of someone who can score in a variety of ways.  That's not Rondo (yet?).  He can probably get by a defender, can get off those whirling-oddball shots within 10ft that nobody thinks should[ go in, but can't pull up/shoot well enough (yet?). 

PP, at this point, can still shoot, but can't get by a defender...

Either way, we don't have a closer right now, and it's hurting us.

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

...and he is

We need our players to say it like it is, if kg or pp were to call out 'sheed on 1/2 ass playing it might actually have an effect
I'm all for rondo speaking his mind.  Fond memories of bird & mchale interviews saying how bad they were etc.

Very true...Bird..."heart transplant"?..."bunch of sissies"...

I "get" the Doc/KG idea of doing the talking in-house and not trashing teammates in the press, but I appreciate the frankness of even Jim O'Brien, who was very businesslike in his assessments of who did or didn't get it done, as he was willing to state the obvious.  The league has changed, though, as it doesn't appear that today's mentally fragile players can take the heat/pressure that comes with the job/spotlight/paycheck like players of previous eras could.

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Who does Rondo think he is?

I think he thinks he is their current best all around player, floor general, future on the floor and off the floor team leader and future team Captain.

And, I think he's right.

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Rondo is just as big a part of this team as any of the other starters (he's at least #3, and arguably higher), so he has the right to speak his mind.  He's right about the aura, too.

I'm hoping the team doesn't start buying into all of these theories of their demise, though.  It's fine for the team to realize that they're struggling, but I don't want to see them give up (which, frankly, they've done in games this year.)

Good point but by publicly saying this, these comments can lead to just that or have them thinking that.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk