Author Topic: Predict the C's Trade Deadline and Draft day deals  (Read 5921 times)

Predict the C's Trade Deadline and Draft day deals
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
For me

1)Danny will move Avery Bradley and Jeff Green

While I like Bradley as a very good role player on a contending team, I just don't see him as a starting sg on one . Chris Mannix mentioned on a pre-game show earlier this year that he talked with GM's around the league about Bradley , and they were saying he will likely get offers around 7-8 mil . I just can't see Danny offering that to a undersized SG , who is very limited offensively (Spot up jumpers , and cutting, which he doesn't really do much of anymore).

It would be very smart to move him before the deadline , rather than letting him walk away for nothing

As for Jeff Green, what can be said that hasn't already? The guy is way too inconsistent . Just can't see how keeping him makes any sense for a rebuilding team

.I could see Bradley being package with Green to get Asik and a late 1st rd pick back .

Bradley would be very good next to Harden, because Harden can run the offense and guard SG's on defense , while Bradley pressures opposing PG's . Jeff Green fits perfectly behind Parsons and Jones at the 3/4 . They need someone to guard the Lebron and Durant if they plan on contending .

2) Brandon Bass will stay , for now........

I think it very possible he could be moved , but if not , no big deal. He will just turn into an expiring contract next year , and will be pretty easy to move by that point .

3) Hump

I could see the c's packaging Bradley with hump if we can get an expiring and a draft pick back,or an all-star, but there is no way Danny is going to take on long term salary close to what Hump is making this year if the player isn't a Kevin Love type .

4)Wallace

We are stuck with him for this year and next, then he becomes an expiring . Only way we move him is if it is combined with Rondo

5)NBA Lottery

If C's land a top 3 pick Danny will draft one of Embiid,Parker,Wiggins . Entertain offers for Rondo

If we miss out on top 3, it's trader Danny time . Go after a Gasol, Love, Hayward(would go after him even if we get a top 3 pick) , Melo

My prediction

PG: Rondo   / Vet min
SG: Hayward / Johnson
SF: Wiggins or Parker/ Wallace
PF: Sully   / Bass
 C: Asik    / KO

*Hayward = C's trade both 2015 picks(or our 2015 pick and nets/hawks 2014 pick) and TE on draft day

Whats your predictions ?

Re: Predict the C's Trade Deadline and Draft day deals
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 394
i see Green being dealt away, likely in a deal that will leave some of us 'underwhelmed' because our prize will be a mid-first rounder and an expiring, as opposed to any player that will provide immediate help. it could actually be a 3-team trade where there's the team who acquires Green and who gets the most talent, the team who gets 'shafted' (us) in terms of talent and gets the most assets, and some team to help make the salaries work and gets a token (2nd rounder? mild prospect?).

i don't think Ainge will be able to find a right deal for AB in time, and he may be S&T'd in another underwhelming trade in the offseason.
- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:23 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Won't be surprised to see AB moved. And Danny try and trade up in the Draft to land one of the top guard prospects .

Embiid is the prize every GM wants  :)

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I think the bobcats are going to be buyers at the deadline. Maybe they'll be interested in Jeff Green. They send back Ben Gordon and the Wizards 1st round pick currently  projected 17th overall. Danny will probably try to package their 2nd and 3rd 1st round picks to move up and probably get to the 13th pick. Draft Jabari Parker and James Young. In addition to building through the draft, Danny will probably try to get rid of Avery Bradley because he isn't worth what he wants. Anyways, we start all of the young guys and give them alot of minutes so they can develop
Rajon Rondo
James Young
Jabari Parker
Jarred Sullinger
Kelly Olynk

Obviously we won't be that good right away but i believe the unit would have a lot of potential. Best case scenario, Jabari develops into a great scorer like Carmelo Anthony but less selfish, Jared Sullinger becomes the 18 and 10 guy everyone keeps saying he will, Kelly Olynk stops being so soft and becomes the offensive threat he can, James Young turns out to be a great pick at the 13th pick and has Michael Redd-like production....all of this with Rondo running the show

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:42:08 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 394
I think the bobcats are going to be buyers at the deadline. Maybe they'll be interested in Jeff Green. They send back Ben Gordon and the Wizards 1st round pick currently  projected 17th overall. Danny will probably try to package their 2nd and 3rd 1st round picks to move up and probably get to the 13th pick. Draft Jabari Parker and James Young. In addition to building through the draft, Danny will probably try to get rid of Avery Bradley because he isn't worth what he wants. Anyways, we start all of the young guys and give them alot of minutes so they can develop
Rajon Rondo
James Young
Jabari Parker
Jarred Sullinger
Kelly Olynk

Obviously we won't be that good right away but i believe the unit would have a lot of potential. Best case scenario, Jabari develops into a great scorer like Carmelo Anthony but less selfish, Jared Sullinger becomes the 18 and 10 guy everyone keeps saying he will, Kelly Olynk stops being so soft and becomes the offensive threat he can, James Young turns out to be a great pick at the 13th pick and has Michael Redd-like production....all of this with Rondo running the show

am i the only one who cringes when people list KO as our starting center?

- LilRip

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
My prediction:  none

I believe we are right where Danny would want us to be, and that the other GM's are only going to offer pennies on the dollars for ANY of our possible trade targets.  Better to let them continue to play this year...see what the draft brings us...and then start doing some SERIOUS trading next year.

AB and Jeff Green should only be traded for good value in return.  I've heard no names mentioned that would make me want to trade either of them so far.

Rondo ain't going nowhere.  He'll have the rest of this season to strengthen his knee, relax it in the off season, and then enter the 2014-2015 season at full strength.  Depending how the ping pong balls fall, that could make for a very interesting season without any major moves...especially in a weak Eastern division.

Rak 

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think a Rondo trade would have been logical.  Boston was waiting for him to come back and prove he was healthy before cashing in...  So far, he hasn't proven he's healthy.  So far, he's actually given credibility to the argument that he's overrated and can't flourish in every system.   If he keeps this up over the next handful of games, nobody is going to give up assets for him.

I could see Green and Bradley get traded.  I could see them used to dump Wallace's contract.  Something like Green + Bradley + Wallace for expiring contracts in a pure salary dump.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 10:25:41 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Either Humphries or Bass will be gone. I dont really get all the Bradley/Green trade hype, we are already razor thin at those positions. PF is still backloaded with overly talented 6th man type players. Humphries could probably net a late first.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 11:07:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
3) Hump

I could see the c's packaging Bradley with hump if we can get an expiring and a draft pick back,or an all-star, but there is no way Danny is going to take on long term salary close to what Hump is making this year if the player isn't a Kevin Love type

I'm not predicting it, but I think you shouldn't be surprised if Humphries gets traded for a bad player or two on a non-expiring contract if it gives the Celtics a future first.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 11:59:09 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Humphries is the most likely gone IMO.
Wouldn't be surprised to Bass or Green go, but I think Danny will wait until the lottery is drawn or draft night to trade Rondo if he does.
Green is 50/50 because Danny might want to package him with Rondo for a top 5 pick.
He'll see what he can get for Green alone now but if he thinks he'll do better on draft night he'll wait.
Avery is probably gone too but we won't get much back for him, can't see Danny wanting to pay him over 7 million in a rebuild.

I guess Danny will test the waters with NYK and the other teams first seeing what they'd want for their stars and then if nothing looks good we'll see draft night moves as far as 'blockbusters' go.
February should be miserable but good for our future.

chhooooooo choooooooooo
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 12:04:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think one of these two deals happens:

Jeff Green and a future protected 1st for Greg Monroe and Diatome

Brandon Bass and Kelly Olynyk for Omer Asik

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 12:15:20 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think Boston has to give up too much in most scenarios to get what is a semblance of an immediate bounce like it did when KG and Ray came.

I prefer build from scratch. This is more like a wishplan rather than a predition.

Assuming Boston gets a pick in the top 3 Id trade Rondo, Jeff Green and the Brooklyn pick for a top 7 pick to the Kings or lakers and draft Exum.

Id then sign and trade Bradley along with Olynynk and a future pick to Utah for Hayward and go after Marc Gasol (if thats at all possible...Im dreaming here a bit)

Exum
Hayward
Wiggins (pick)
Sullinger
Marc Gasol

This team would be fun to watch and would also be a matchup nightmare for most teams. A big mobile team which can also bang.

If of course Boston gets top 3 and takes parker...its just as good, and if we get number one and get Embiid then Id go the other direction and go hard for Kawhi Leonard.

Exum
Hayward
Leaonard
Sullinger
Embiid

I love either of these teams...and they would one day usher in multiple titles.

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think one of these two deals happens:

Jeff Green and a future protected 1st for Greg Monroe and Diatome

Brandon Bass and Kelly Olynyk for Omer Asik

Oh that 2nd one sounds awesome.  I want Green gone but I want K.O. gone too but nobody is really lumping him into the amount of scenarios Green is in. THIS sounds like a good one xcept Bass and Howard have a rumored history but he is a good player and he expires next year. I hope nobody talks about KO and his t rex arms during the rising stars thing and we ship him soon.

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 02:56:18 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k6z9z6v

Boston moves bradley green humphries and fav for Gordon, Sessions, BB, and MKG.

Simply a bobcats going for playoffs and celtics tanking. Id probably go with wiggins or exum and with the second pick mcdermitt.

but my dream scenario trade with kings on draft day for lets say the 5th pick overall send rondo bass for mclemore filler 5th pick draft exum and wiggins or vonleh, then wc-s with our 2nd first so our lineup would look like Exum, Wiggins, MKG, Sullinger, WC-S/Olynk then then we look at trading or signing a center either this year or the next we are going to be loaded with assets. just a dream. but what do you guys think about that first original trade?
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 03:42:41 AM »

Offline scotto1205

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • Learn to be you and only you
maybe sign or trade for tyson chandler? NYK is in a desperate need for assets. Imagine Exum,Wiggins,MKG,Sullinger,Chandler with olynk and wc-s coming off the bench not sure who else but this team could have all time defense written on it.
"Maybe there is hope for us afterall

I post a lot of stuff on my phone autocorrect sucks.