Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200725 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #630 on: February 22, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Also, Dallas is right up there with the Lakers too. No doubt about that.

Need to see what Dallas does with its picks. Only two bigs on that roster, and one averages 25 minutes a night.

Very true. Seems to be a decent amount of talent left w/ bigs, not sure of their cap situation though

« Reply #631 on: February 22, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Memphis Grizzlies appear to be the dark horse candidate to come out of the West. Very solid roster up to now. ;D

Sources saying Grizzlies are considering one particular overseas player who was a former great.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #632 on: February 22, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Also, Dallas is right up there with the Lakers too. No doubt about that.

Need to see what Dallas does with its picks. Only two bigs on that roster, and one averages 25 minutes a night.

Very true. Seems to be a decent amount of talent left w/ bigs, not sure of their cap situation though

About 10 million left. Think I should be okay.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #633 on: February 22, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Brandon Jennings
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
J.J. Hickson
Nikola Pekovic

Bench:
Jamal Crawford, Al Farouq Aminu, Reggie Evans

« Reply #634 on: February 22, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Brandon Jennings
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
J.J. Hickson
Nikola Pekovic

Bench:

Pretty average team. 

I don't like Jennings as a #1 option.  Not crazy about the spacing here.  Marion is adequate at best as a shooter, and both Hickson and Pekovic want to play around the rim.  Not a very good fit for Jennings, who already takes more jumpers than he should.  Overall, an offense that will take a lot of shots that make you want to pull your hair out, but the combo of Marion, Evans, Hickson and Pekovic may pull in enough offensive rebounds to let you live with it.  You'll be elite on the glass. 

On defense, not so much.  Marion is a good defender and Jennings can be when he tries (which isn't often enough).  Aminu is a nice defender but makes little impact on offense.  The rest of your team is limited.  Kevin Martin is a poor defender, Hickson is a poor defender, Evans is poor.  Pekovic is quite good against post threats, but won't block shots for you and is slow when asked to move his feet on the perimeter. 

« Reply #635 on: February 22, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Brandon Jennings
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
J.J. Hickson
Nikola Pekovic

Bench:

Pretty average team. 

I don't like Jennings as a #1 option.  Not crazy about the spacing here.  Marion is adequate at best as a shooter, and both Hickson and Pekovic want to play around the rim.  Not a very good fit for Jennings, who already takes more jumpers than he should.  Overall, an offense that will take a lot of shots that make you want to pull your hair out, but the combo of Marion, Evans, Hickson and Pekovic may pull in enough offensive rebounds to let you live with it.  You'll be elite on the glass. 

On defense, not so much.  Marion is a good defender and Jennings can be when he tries (which isn't often enough).  Aminu is a nice defender but makes little impact on offense.  The rest of your team is limited.  Kevin Martin is a poor defender, Hickson is a poor defender, Evans is poor.  Pekovic is quite good against post threats, but won't block shots for you and is slow when asked to move his feet on the perimeter.

Great analysis. TP. I dont mind being an average team though :D

« Reply #636 on: February 22, 2013, 08:06:07 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
The new-look Bucks!!!

PG: R.Westbrook
SG: W.Matthews
SF: T.Ariza/M.Webster
PF: D.Lee
C: J.McGee/I.Mahinmi

A couple of things I'm going to try to do:
- Flip McGee and considerations for a sturdy defensive center.
- Draft a serviceable backup ball handler at the 1 or 2

« Reply #637 on: February 22, 2013, 08:24:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The new-look Bucks!!!

Gotta say, this is the one squad this draft that has improved by qutie a bit from where it originally started,  almost entirely through trades.

Good job AB

« Reply #638 on: February 22, 2013, 08:26:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
The new-look Bucks!!!

Lee is a rock solid offensive player.  Matthews is nice, but maybe being an effective third option is a bit too much to ask of him.  Westbrook is shot-happy but pretty effective despite this.  Ariza, on the other hand, is a liability on offense, and nobody ever knows what McGee will do.

Potentially some nice perimeter defense, but weak in the paint (you already know this).  Ariza and Matthews are both good defenders, as is Westbrook when he wants to be.  Lee is good in the post but lacks length, doesn't block shots and struggles to move his feet on the perimeter.  Again, nobody ever knows what McGee will do.

Bench worries me.  Mahinmi and Webster are decent, but neither are good enough to anchor a second unit, and pickings are slim at this point in the draft. 

I don't see you as a contender unless you pull off a miracle by landing an above average center while simultaneously building a solid bench.  I see it as a 5-8 seed playoff team currently.

« Reply #639 on: February 22, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
Tony Parker
Danny Green 
Joe Johnson / Carlos Delfino
Tristan Thompson / Earl Clark
Pau Gasol / Bismack Biyombo

Opinions?  Obviously the next target is a guard.

« Reply #640 on: February 22, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Tony Parker
Danny Green 

Nice team lol im sorry i cant do professional analysis like you

« Reply #641 on: February 22, 2013, 08:32:52 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
Matthews is nice, but maybe being an effective third option is a bit too much to ask of him.

I would say Matthews is currently the third offensive option behind Lillard and Aldridge in Portland.

Ariza, on the other hand, is a liability on offense, and nobody ever knows what McGee will do.

Agreed about Ariza, but he's a defensive rock. He and Webster can be interchanged depending on the situation... offense vs. defense. And yes agreed about McGee. Hoping to get a tough-as-nails coach tomorrow to keep him in line if nobody needs him.

Bench worries me.  Mahinmi and Webster are decent, but neither are good enough to anchor a second unit, and pickings are slim at this point in the draft.

I'm happy with Mahinmi and Webster, but I agree I need more of a floor general off the bench, and I intend to get one.

I don't see you as a contender unless you pull off a miracle by landing an above average center while simultaneously building a solid bench.

I'm going to go for a defense-first center, even if his value is a little less than that of McGee. I think that will round out the starters nicely.

« Reply #642 on: February 22, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
Tony Parker
Danny Green 

I'm very impressed with the Monta-Johnson trade. Even though you added a bunch of salary, you got rid of a pretty polarizing player. And you got more out of it than I did ;)

I like your balance of vets and youth in the starting lineup. Very hard to prepare for. However I question Thompson's defensive abilities.

I think your more specific next target should be a sharpshooting guard; someone who shoots around 40% from three.

« Reply #643 on: February 22, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Tony Parker
Danny Green 

I'm very impressed with the Monta-Johnson trade. Even though you added a bunch of salary, you got rid of a pretty polarizing player. And you got more out of it than I did ;)

I like your balance of vets and youth in the starting lineup. Very hard to prepare for. However I question Thompson's defensive abilities.

I think your more specific next target should be a sharpshooting guard; someone who shoots around 40% from three.

Green shoots 42% i think

« Reply #644 on: February 22, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Tony Parker
Danny Green 

The reason for this is simple.  Johnson was aquired for Monta in a salary dump.  The guy who had Jonhson orginally was over his cap and was foced to deal someone.  Hard to get "full" value under those circumstances.