Author Topic: Trade Kemba Thread (calm down, parody and spitballing)  (Read 1850 times)

Trade Kemba Thread (calm down, parody and spitballing)
« on: October 21, 2019, 06:39:50 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
So, disclaimer, I absolutely LOVE kemba. He is such a real dude, a tireless professional, a top-line scorer, and cagey defender. But we are very much married to him for 4 years now. And, it's really hard to see a path to a championship without a Draymond Green type becoming available.

But IFF, Tremont Waters turns into a near Chris Paul level point guard, and we are struggling under Kemba at the deadline, what kind of return could we get, who might offer something?

Crazy trade proposals preferred.

And yes, I am already talking about trading him before he has even played a game. Cry elsewhere, just having fun.

I'll go first:

Celtics get: Gordon, Bamba
Magic get: Kemba, Theis, Tacko, Williams, Pick

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Trade Kemba Thread (calm down, parody and spitballing)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 07:11:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If Tremont Waters turns into the next CP3 (makes my VanVleet topic look like a harsh criticism now!) then I think you'd have to look to move Kemba.

Maybe to Denver? Ship Kemba for Gary Harris, MPJ, Barton and some picks?

Or how about SAS? Aldridge and probably a pick or two (or maybe Poeltl) for Kemba? This is a deal that would indicate us going all in on winning.

Would Phoenix be interested? They seem to want a star guard to pair with Booker.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 07:20:15 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
If Tremont Waters turns into the next CP3 (makes my VanVleet topic look like a harsh criticism now!) then I think you'd have to look to move Kemba.

Or how about SAS? Aldridge and probably a pick or two (or maybe Poeltl) for Kemba? This is a deal that would indicate us going all in on winning.

Would Phoenix be interested? They seem to want a star guard to pair with Booker.

I like that Denver trade, but they would want more. Much more.

Don't like the SAS trade.

Who from Phoenix would you want though?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 07:46:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I like that Denver trade, but they would want more. Much more.

Don't like the SAS trade.

Who from Phoenix would you want though?
I feel like they would too, but I also don't know if they currently have the pieces to be a legitimate contender. They struggled in the playoffs, and I think Kemba would be a really fun pairing alongside Jokic. MPJ is probably stretching the friendship though, considering how low-cost and high-ceiling he is.

Not really sure about Phoenix. I like Bridges and Jevon Carter. Obviously like Ayton, but he's super duper untouchable.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 08:28:59 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm all for throwing out trade ideas and having some fun. But with opening night just two days away ( can't wait), I'm looking forward to seeing our prized offseason acquisition in green and enjoying seeing Kemba as a Celtic.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 09:04:45 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
To the Knicks for Julius Randle?

If we're trading with the Magic then Jonathan Isaac is the guy I'd want to get back rather than Bamba.  I think he just needs minutes to eventually become the perfect stretch 4 role player in this league while also being able to play backup minutes as a stretch 5.

I think its more likely that Carson Edwards would be the point guard too good to not build around rather than Tremont Waters.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 09:11:30 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
To the Knicks for Julius Randle?

If we're trading with the Magic then Jonathan Isaac is the guy I'd want to get back rather than Bamba.  I think he just needs minutes to eventually become the perfect stretch 4 role player in this league while also being able to play backup minutes as a stretch 5.

I think its more likely that Carson Edwards would be the point guard too good to not build around rather than Tremont Waters.

Like Isaacs idea.

Carson not a point guard.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Boston cannot sign a max free agent and then trade him the season he signed the contract.  It just cannot happen from an optics standpoint.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Need a big man.

Steven Adams would do just fine. Not a star but darn good and good at exactly the things we need the most.

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 10:43:54 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Need a big man.

Steven Adams would do just fine. Not a star but darn good and good at exactly the things we need the most.

The problem is matching contracts with trading for Adams since he makes 25 mil.  If Hayward comes close to his old self maybe it’s something to consider, but could end up being an overpay. Maybe those are the major pieces, and you fill in around the edges.  First though I want to see what this team looks like as currently constructed.

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 10:57:49 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Need a big man.

The problem is matching contracts with trading for Adams since he makes 25 mil.  If Hayward comes close to his old self maybe it’s something to consider, but could end up being an overpay. Maybe those are the major pieces, and you fill in around the edges.  First though I want to see what this team looks like as currently constructed.

It is a trade Kemba thread. Kemba for S.Adams.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Need a big man.

It is a trade Kemba thread. Kemba for S.Adams.

Ha I’ve been reading so many threads didn’t realize it.

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 06:47:26 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Boston cannot sign a max free agent and then trade him the season he signed the contract.  It just cannot happen from an optics standpoint.

So Tremont Waters turning into Chris Paul doesn't bother you, but trading a guy after he signs a contract is a bridge too far?

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
The Wolves lost Derrick Rose therefore I expect them to do even worse than last year. At the end of the season I could see Karl-Anthony Towns wanting out. In that case I'd gladly trade Walker (three-way, for example with Knicks or Suns) + Memphis pick + Langford + picks for Towns.