Author Topic: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year  (Read 19575 times)

Re: Confirmed report: Rondo has torn acl, out for the year
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Just the way things have gone since 2009.  Just a depressing frickin day for C's fans.

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2013, 03:03:39 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Am I the only happy Rondo is gone!!!! Watch this team play like the team we've been hoping for without him... Wooooohoooo!!!!!! It's time to start winning again!!!!! Yes!!!!! Sucks that he suffered an injury but it only helps us. Now let's sign a big!!! Or bring back Melo. This injury mean more playing time for everyone!!!!

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
This is without a doubt a huge blow.

I may be naive, but I'm not ready to blow it up yet.  Without Rondo, we are playing the Miami Heat to a tie right now.  The celts now are aware of Rondo's results, so I don't know what kind of basketball we'll see for the rest of this game.  This roster still has a ton of talent on it.  I really liked what I saw defensively out of the AB-Lee starting backcourt tonight.  I'd like to see what Jason Terry can do with increased minutes and the ball in his hands more.

I'd just like to see a few games before we blow it up.  Still a lot of talent on this roster.

I'm with you on this, action. Definitely changes the tenor of the season, but I still think the current roster makes the playoffs, by default (looking at the rest of the Eastern conference).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wishing Rajon a speedy recovery

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Bleh wrong thread.

Still wow.

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
::::BREAKING NEWS:::

Rondo's torn ACL causes Celticsblog.com to crash!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2013, 03:06:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411

I may be naive, but I'm not ready to blow it up yet.  Without Rondo, we are playing the Miami Heat to a tie right now.  The celts now are aware of Rondo's results, so I don't know what kind of basketball we'll see for the rest of this game.  This roster still has a ton of talent on it.  I really liked what I saw defensively out of the AB-Lee starting backcourt tonight.  I'd like to see what Jason Terry can do with increased minutes and the ball in his hands more.

I'd just like to see a few games before we blow it up.  Still a lot of talent on this roster.

I'm with you on this, action. Definitely changes the tenor of the season, but I still think the current roster makes the playoffs, by default (looking at the rest of the Eastern conference).

I'm not convinced it's worth keeping this team together to try and make a run next season given the age and decline of Pierce and Garnett + the limited options Boston have for upgrading the team this summer with so many multi-year contracts already on the books and limited trade assets.

I say blow it up.

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2013, 03:08:34 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

I'm not convinced it's worth keeping this team together to try and make a run next season given the age and decline of Pierce and Garnett + the limited options Boston have for upgrading the team this summer with so many multi-year contracts already on the books and limited trade assets.

I say blow it up.

I could honestly see someone like Pierce traded to a contender for a couple assets

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Am I the only happy Rondo is gone!!!! Watch this team play like the team we've been hoping for without him... Wooooohoooo!!!!!! It's time to start winning again!!!!! Yes!!!!! Sucks that he suffered an injury but it only helps us. Now let's sign a big!!! Or bring back Melo. This injury mean more playing time for everyone!!!!

Yeah, it's always good when your star player suffers a potentially career-altering injury.

Even if you don't like Rondo, this kills any trade value until probably next year's deadline, at the earliest.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2013, 03:08:46 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

You're probably not the only one, doesn't mean you're right.

This is a huge blow, whether you or anyone else chooses to acknowledge it.

Quite honestly, I find the tenor of your post disrespectful and abhorrent.

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Wishing Rajon a speedy recovery

Pretty amazing how long it took someone to say this.

TP.

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
when baseball season start??  :'(
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
just sick about this. i don't want to see pierce go

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2013, 03:14:47 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Comcast is going to take a big blow in ratings.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2013, 03:16:04 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I say blow it up.

It depends on what we can get.  If we could get a legitimate rebuilding piece like Paul George, sure.  But I'm not on board with trading away Pierce or KG for minor pieces like Eric Bledsoe.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur