Author Topic: Greg Monroe agrees to three-year, $50M deal with the Milwaukee Bucks  (Read 6510 times)

Re: WOJ: Mornoe to Bucks
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 11:30:43 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I feel like typing "LOL" about a billion times.  At worst, this has been a disappointing offseason for us because we hoped for a lot more.  This is like the freakin' Titanic of offseasons for NY and the Lakers.  The Knicks don't even own their own first rounder in 2016!

Mike

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 11:31:44 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
What?  A highly desired free agent just signed in a cold weather, blue collar city in a state with high taxes?  But I was told that could never happen.

Oh there they are.

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I feel like typing "LOL" about a billion times.  At worst, this has been a disappointing offseason for us because we hoped for a lot more.  This is like the freakin' Titanic of offseasons for NY and the Lakers.  The Knicks don't even own their own first rounder in 2016!

Mike

Who does own it?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2015, 11:32:54 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Just so we are clear. The Bucks did not tank. They actually tried to put together a sneaky good team. Bill Simmons predicted they would make the playoffs the year they got Jabari. Between Jennings, Sanders, Mayo, Giannis, Illyasova, and other fillers, a lot of people thought they could be an 8 seed.

They weren't good. Unintentionally, they were very bad.

Worth noting: this says more about Simmons's basketball analysis than the Bucks.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2015, 11:39:30 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Howard Beck @HowardBeck
Monroe met with 4 teams: Bucks, Knicks, Lakers, Blazers. All offered the max, I'm told. Chose Bucks because they're the most playoff ready.

« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Howard Beck @HowardBeck
Monroe met with 4 teams: Bucks, Knicks, Lakers, Blazers. All offered the max, I'm told. Chose Bucks because they're the most playoff ready.
im sure we could have had him. Not sure what Danny was waiting for.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

The 2014-2015 Bucks were a really, really good defensive team. Zaza and John Henson are both very good defensive centers.

Greg Monroe and Jabari Parker, on the other hand are good scorers who will provide terrible interior defense. It will be interesting to watch.

Rajon Rondo would be a good fit at the point with that team.

I thought Milwaukee got dodgy interior defense from Zaza and Henson last year. I thought their perimeter defense carried them and shielded their so-so interior defense after Larry Sanders left the team.

I think Greg Monroe will be an upgrade defensively on both Zaza and Henson.

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2015, 11:41:34 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Howard Beck @HowardBeck
im sure we could have had him. Not sure what Danny was waiting for.

Figured he wasn't all that interested in him.

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Just so we are clear. The Bucks did not tank. They actually tried to put together a sneaky good team. Bill Simmons predicted they would make the playoffs the year they got Jabari. Between Jennings, Sanders, Mayo, Giannis, Illyasova, and other fillers, a lot of people thought they could be an 8 seed.

They weren't good. Unintentionally, they were very bad.

Just to be really clear, they tanked the year before when they got Jabari.

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

Mike

Who does own it?

The Nuggets have the right to swap picks in 2016 but Denver figures to be pretty bad next year as well so it shouldn't hurt too much ... unless Knicks hit the lottery.

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2015, 11:42:08 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We need a center.... and a first scoring option

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I wish we could've gotten Monroe, but I'm happy for the Bucks—I like that franchise, that city, and I hope they once again have a good NBA team to cheer for.

Plus, their new unis/script/logos are awesome.  ;D

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2015, 11:43:36 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I never really bought the Monroe to NY chatter, but Milwaukee seemed out of left field for me.

Sounds like Ainge never stepped up to make Monroe an offer. A little disappointed in that; I thought Ainge's other moves would have complemented Monroe very well.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Bucks will be good next year, they will destroy us.

Makes the Amir singing that much more depressing.  :'(

gross exaggeration.

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Jeremy Schmidt @Bucksketball
A lot of people say the Bucks need a D-League team, but I think the Pistons are just fine in that role.

LOL