Author Topic: Stein: Cavs-Nuggets in "advanced discussions" about Mozgov trade.  (Read 13679 times)

Re: Stein: Cavs-Nuggets in "advanced discussions" about Mozgov trade.
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2015, 06:15:49 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'd like to see us keep Wright.

He is probably our best PF.

Just like Humphries was last year.

I wouldn't doubt it if that's the option they choose.  Coach Steven's is all over Wright.

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Sweet.

Love watching other teams get better while our team gets worse and worse.

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
@SamAmicoFSO

"Nuggets hopeful of using picks they received from Cavs in Mozgov trade for player or players in near future, source tells @FOXSportsOH. "

Fingers crossed both the Nuggets and the Clips are making room for incoming assets from Danny!

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Sweet.

Love watching other teams get better while our team gets worse and worse.

It never ends

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2015, 06:48:25 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
nugs got a better deal than what we did for rondo

How so ?

That Dallas' first is arguably more valuable than any first the Cavs received (though the Memphis 1st rivals its potential), and we also got three assets in Wright, Nelson and the $12.9M TPE. Finally, a keeper in Jae Crowder.

So how is the Mozgov trade better ?

Plagiarism much?

Also consider that Dallas' first, favorably structured with protection, is arguably more valuable than any first the Cavs received (though the Memphis 1st rivals its potential), and we also got three assets in Wright, Nelson and the $12.9M TPE. Finally, we received what appears to be a keeper in Jae Crowder.

Can't even compare those two trades.  Far different.

Yeah, where do you even begin? Super-TP to Flex btw - awesome find! Are there any Ron Borges types of suspensions around here for plagiarism?

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2015, 06:54:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
So Rondo can only get 1 late first round pick , but Mozgov can get 2?

That's why I would have waited to trade Rondo.  An injury that led to a team becoming desperate could have increased the price drastically.

This thought is just common sense and we re not even GM's and most people could see....it was poor ..value...  There was more to the situation than just doing a trade .......Danny wanted Rondo off the team sooner than later.  Danny rarely gives stuff away , especially somebody like Rondo.   There was more to this departure .  It will be revealed some day

« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
@SamAmicoFSO

"Nuggets hopeful of using picks they received from Cavs in Mozgov trade for player or players in near future, source tells @FOXSportsOH. "

now THAT is fascinating. Are you... still... trying to win??

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2015, 07:38:29 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
hard to believe the cavs were dumping 2 picks and mozgov was the best they could get, that seems like a very steep price for a roleplayer who averages 17 minutes per game for his career. they might be able to get a player almost as good through buyouts after the trade deadline. i think these last couple trades really seal the deal for the cavs NOT contending. they probably should have just packaged waiters, thompson, and the memphis pick for someone genuinely good instead. smith is truly awful and makes their defense even worse, and mozgov is extremely overrated.

« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
So Rondo can only get 1 late first round pick , but Mozgov can get 2?

Wow good to know the cba is helping teams keep their good players.....

Mozgov has less of an injury history, is signed for a longer period of time, and plays a more premium position.

Also consider that Dallas' first, favorably structured with protection, is arguably more valuable than any first the Cavs received (though the Memphis 1st rivals its potential), and we also got three assets in Wright, Nelson and the $12.9M TPE. Finally, we received what appears to be a keeper in Jae Crowder.

Ultimately though, the CBA should have little interest in protecting Boston from big bad markets like NY and LA. It is funny to see Boston fans chide the Yankees' spending habits or groan every time the Lakers sign a free agent. If anything, the CBA should be protecting markets like Cleveland and Denver.

The OKC pick could end up the best of the three picks.   Dallas finished as the 8th seed last year with the 10th best overall record and the 21st pick.  There's a good chance OKC makes the playoffs this year as a 7th or 8th seed which would probably make the pick between 18 and 21 and the pick is only top 18 protected.   

« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2015, 08:31:53 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
GMs are setting prices so oddly nowadays.  I thought the package for Love was going to be league average: 2 #1s overall from the last two years for a disgruntled star who was going to leave the team anyways.

But now, we see trades like Rondo for Wright and a 1st and Mozgov for 2 protected 1sts and I'm thinking we can do a little better.  I've been on the tank train for awhile now, but Mozgov is a future piece.

Edit: That might be a little bit of hyperbole on my part, considering Zeller is the exact same height and weight with a higher PER and less of an injury history.  I just feel that Mozgov is a legit starting center on a winning team and Zeller is a stopgap.