Author Topic: Ray Allen is a basketball GOD.  (Read 8002 times)

Re: Ray Allen is a basketball GOD.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 12:23:59 AM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
I hate him. A loser and a traitor.

With a nice stroke.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 12:24:27 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Ray Allen makes me sick to my stomach. He is nothing but a mercenary. Screw him and Screw anyone who helps Miami to another championship.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Did anyone else KNOW that shot was going in when it left his hands?  I did.  It was just such a 'Ray Ray' moment.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 12:25:41 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Ray Allen hit the biggest shot of his career tonight, in a Heat uniform.

Hard to say exactly how that makes me feel, as a Celtics fan.  But it's not good.
That was incredible.  Ray hit shots like that hundreds of times for the Celtics.  He wanted to keep doing it for a contender.  I'm lucky in that I have no hate for the Heat.  Massive props to LeBron as well for hitting the 3 pointer before that.  Hard to criticize that guy ... he's a phenom.   But that shot by Ray was absolutely sick. 

IS there anyone in the history of the game more "clutch" than Ray Allen?  Perhaps Jordan?

You have got to be kidding with this thread, right?

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:13 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Hard to say exactly how that makes me feel, as a Celtics fan.  But it's not good.
That was incredible.  Ray hit shots like that hundreds of times for the Celtics.  He wanted to keep doing it for a contender.  I'm lucky in that I have no hate for the Heat.  Massive props to LeBron as well for hitting the 3 pointer before that.  Hard to criticize that guy ... he's a phenom.   But that shot by Ray was absolutely sick. 

IS there anyone in the history of the game more "clutch" than Ray Allen?  Perhaps Jordan?

Is your heat face paint staining your #34 Allen jersey as you cry tears of joy?

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 12:26:26 AM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 879
  • GOT IT!!!
Is this thread for real?

He was completely useless until he hit that three...a lot of things came around perfectly for the Heat tonight, including Manu getting destroyed going to the hoop at the end of ot.

Oh, and don't you love Spoelstra's amazing words of wisdom? God, I HATE the Heat.

That's Ray though. How many times did he stink up the joint but hit a clutch shot for the C's?

Regardless I can't root for him. I never blamed him for going to Miami but he's dead to me fan wise.

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Is this thread for real?

He was completely useless until he hit that three...a lot of things came around perfectly for the Heat tonight, including Manu getting destroyed going to the hoop at the end of ot.

Oh, and don't you love Spoelstra's amazing words of wisdom? God, I HATE the Heat.

Thank you. He has played second fiddle to Mike Miller all series. MIKE MILLER, ALL SERIES.

If I was second fiddle to Mike Miller for anything other than pedophilia, I'd retire from life.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 12:28:14 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Is this thread for real?

shot was amazing but this was my thought after seeing this thread.

Now if by god you mean having some sort of supernatural powers that allow him to follow Manu without getting called, then yes, he does posses god like powers.

The Lebron drive was a solid strip by Green, the Manu one should of been a foul on Ray. Even the announcers agreed. Not happy about that,

Ughhhh
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 12:28:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's time to put things into context, guys.  Aside from our two back-to-back losses vs the Heat, we really aren't their rivals.   Boston drove Ray out.  Miami wanted him for his talents.  Ray wanted to play for a team still relevant.  Tonight proves that it was absolutely a perfect match.  You sign Ray for exactly reasons like tonight... so that when you're down 5 points with your backs against the wall with 20 seconds left in a Finals elimination game, you have a shot to tie it up and take it to OT.  Just incredible.

Put it into context.  Even KG and Doc want to get out of Boston and they are STILL UNDER CONTRACT.  The era is over.  It was over a year ago.  Ray was just the first one who left and it was only after the team tried to trade him a dozen times and he had finished serving his time in green.  We had no role for him here.  Give the dude respect.  He was one of the 3 main players who won us a title... he's the one who kept our team alive in 09... he's one of the 4 key players who brought us to game 7 in 2010.  He belongs on a title contender.  Tonight proved that.

The "benedict" wha wha stuff is disrespectful and immature.  It'd be like crying about Robert Parish playing his last season with the Bulls (he won a title with them off the bench).  Give it a rest.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 12:30:53 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I'm so mad that it was HIM who hit that shot
DKC Suns

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 12:32:02 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
It's time to put things into context, guys.  Aside from our two back-to-back losses vs the Heat, we really aren't their rivals.   Boston drove Ray out.  Miami wanted him for his talents.  Ray wanted to play for a team still relevant.  Tonight proves that it was absolutely a perfect match.  You sign Ray for exactly reasons like tonight... so that when you're down 5 points with your backs against the wall with 20 seconds left in a Finals elimination game, you have a shot to tie it up and take it to OT.  Just incredible.

Put it into context.  Even KG and Doc want to get out of Boston and they are STILL UNDER CONTRACT.  The era is over.  It was over a year ago.  Ray was just the first one who left and it was only after the team tried to trade him a dozen times and he had finished serving his time in green.  We had no role for him here.  Give the dude respect.  He was one of the 3 main players who won us a title... he's the one who kept our team alive in 09... he's one of the 4 key players who brought us to game 7 in 2010.  He belongs on a title contender.  Tonight proved that.

The "benedict" wha wha stuff is disrespectful and immature.  It'd be like crying about Robert Parish playing his last season with the Bulls (he won a title with them off the bench).  Give it a rest.

Please stop. Please stop. Ray Allen passed up a large amount of money to take the easy way out and to go and sniff Lebron's jock. He is the worst of the worst when it comes to mercenaries.

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 12:32:16 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Jalen just brought up the Ray three, and BS's face...haha it looked just like mine when we lost G7 to LA in 2010.

Ugh whatever Miami will Thursday.  Just the way Stern wanted it.  Glad I'm not a Spurs fan right now (like a real one; I like them, but I'm a Celtics fan).

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 12:32:34 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC

James three was just as big or bigger

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Is your heat face paint staining your #34 Allen jersey as you cry tears of joy?

Lol... yes.  I'm also wearing my 1997 replica Robert Parish championship ring:

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 12:36:08 AM »

Offline sinbad

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 56
If the Heat win game 7 the Ray signing was justified by that one single shot.

There are players who hit threes then there are players who hit clutch threes...big difference.