Author Topic: Ray Allen is a basketball GOD.  (Read 7996 times)

Re: Ray Allen is a basketball GOD.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 12:36:53 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yes, of course he hit ONE big shot.  He also shot UNDER 50%, had 2 turnovers, and ONLY 1 freaking rebound in 41 minutes.  Did I mention he did NOT score in double digits.

Oh yes, he is a god.

Gimme a break.

Smitty77

P.S.  He is a TRAITOR!!!!

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 12:37:41 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's time to put things into context, guys.  Aside from our two back-to-back losses vs the Heat, we really aren't their rivals.   Boston drove Ray out.  Miami wanted him for his talents.  Ray wanted to play for a team still relevant.  Tonight proves that it was absolutely a perfect match.  You sign Ray for exactly reasons like tonight... so that when you're down 5 points with your backs against the wall with 20 seconds left in a Finals elimination game, you have a shot to tie it up and take it to OT.  Just incredible.

Put it into context.  Even KG and Doc want to get out of Boston and they are STILL UNDER CONTRACT.  The era is over.  It was over a year ago.  Ray was just the first one who left and it was only after the team tried to trade him a dozen times and he had finished serving his time in green.  We had no role for him here.  Give the dude respect.  He was one of the 3 main players who won us a title... he's the one who kept our team alive in 09... he's one of the 4 key players who brought us to game 7 in 2010.  He belongs on a title contender.  Tonight proved that.

The "benedict" wha wha stuff is disrespectful and immature.  It'd be like crying about Robert Parish playing his last season with the Bulls (he won a title with them off the bench).  Give it a rest.

Please stop. Please stop. Ray Allen passed up a large amount of money to take the easy way out and to go and sniff Lebron's jock. He is the worst of the worst when it comes to mercenaries.
Fact:  The Spurs would be champions right now had Ray not signed with Miami.  Boston still would have been eliminated in the first couple rounds had he stayed.  Is what it is.  Dude made a wise choice.  And now KG and Doc are trying to follow him out the door a year later even though they are UNDER CONTRACT. 

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 12:37:49 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
If the Heat win game 7 the Ray signing was justified by that one single shot.

There are players who hit threes then there are players who hit clutch threes...big difference.

It was already justified regardless. Ray gives Miami another shooter to space the floor on reputation alone.

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 12:38:33 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
It's time to put things into context, guys.  Aside from our two back-to-back losses vs the Heat, we really aren't their rivals.   Boston drove Ray out.  Miami wanted him for his talents.  Ray wanted to play for a team still relevant.  Tonight proves that it was absolutely a perfect match.  You sign Ray for exactly reasons like tonight... so that when you're down 5 points with your backs against the wall with 20 seconds left in a Finals elimination game, you have a shot to tie it up and take it to OT.  Just incredible.

Put it into context.  Even KG and Doc want to get out of Boston and they are STILL UNDER CONTRACT.  The era is over.  It was over a year ago.  Ray was just the first one who left and it was only after the team tried to trade him a dozen times and he had finished serving his time in green.  We had no role for him here.  Give the dude respect.  He was one of the 3 main players who won us a title... he's the one who kept our team alive in 09... he's one of the 4 key players who brought us to game 7 in 2010.  He belongs on a title contender.  Tonight proved that.

The "benedict" wha wha stuff is disrespectful and immature.  It'd be like crying about Robert Parish playing his last season with the Bulls (he won a title with them off the bench).  Give it a rest.

Please stop. Please stop. Ray Allen passed up a large amount of money to take the easy way out and to go and sniff Lebron's jock. He is the worst of the worst when it comes to mercenaries.
Fact:  The Spurs would be champions right now had Ray not signed with Miami.  Boston still would have been eliminated in the first couple rounds had he stayed.  Is what it is.  Dude made a wise choice.  And now KG and Doc are trying to follow him out the door a year later even though they are UNDER CONTRACT.

You're making us uncomfortable.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 12:41:01 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I'm so mad that it was HIM who hit that shot

That's what I said. LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Miller, Riley, Birdman.... Anybody would have been better than Benedict Allen.

Ugh, tonight I finally despise him. The only thing that would have been worse would be him doing that against us in the ECF lol.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I'm just saying... it's not like he bailed on a contender to go ride some other team's coattails.  Boston was done.  And if Ainge had his way, Ray would have been playing in Memphis last season.  Ainge tried to trade him every single trade deadline dating back to 2009. 

Why hate the dude?  Without him, this never happens:

Again, I don't hate Ray any more than I hate Robert Parish for playing his final season (and winning a title) with the hated Michael jordan and the "rival" Chicago Bulls.  I mean we played the Bulls twice in the playoffs and everything.  How dare he. 

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 12:45:38 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I tip my hat to Ray bc I have no choice. One of the most amazing shots I've ever seen. I knew it was good when it left his hand. Besides Ray only Reggie miller, Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant have consistently made me feel that way in those moments with shots like that.

I hate he went to Miami. I hate he gets the last laugh but it is what it is. Ray Allen won bc of that shot.

I'd trade lee and terry in a second to have ray Allen back.

He saved Lebrons legacy. Bc it was dead as far as rivaling Jordan as the best ever.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2013, 12:46:37 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I'm just saying... it's not like he bailed on a contender to go ride some other team's coattails.  Boston was done.  And if Ainge had his way, Ray would have been playing in Memphis last season.  Ainge tried to trade him every single trade deadline dating back to 2009. 

Why hate the dude?  Without him, this never happens:

Again, I don't hate Ray any more than I hate Robert Parish for playing his final season (and winning a title) with the hated Michael jordan and the "rival" Chicago Bulls.  I mean we played the Bulls twice in the playoffs and everything.  How dare he.

Can't argue with you there. Actually, completely agree. That's why I dislike Ainge so much, and still respect Ray as a player.

Still, be easy... we haven't ripped our band aids off yet.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2013, 12:47:19 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

How can you hate on Mike?

Might as well hate Ruth, Gretzky, Rice, and Ali too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 12:48:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

How can you hate on Mike?
At one time, we all hated mike.  It wasn't until he retired and came back that everyone embraced him on that level.  He was our "rival" for years.  Maybe if LeBron retires and comes back, you'll finally wanna be wanna be wanna be like Bron. 

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2013, 12:50:58 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Ray Allen TIED with two other TEAMMATES for the 7th best Efficiency Rating on his OWN TEAM for this game.

If he is a god, .....

Smitty77

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:56 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
If the end of the world comes down to one buzzer beating shot... and I can choose anyone in the history of the game to take that shot... the choice is coming down to Jordan and Ray...  really tough choice.

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2013, 01:10:55 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
It's funny, I just knew all year Ray Allen would hit the biggest shot of the year just to p--- us Celtic fans off
DKC Suns

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2013, 01:11:36 AM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
The sad thing is I saw that 3 coming about 30 seconds before Ray launched it. I told my little bro, I don't care if Spurs are up by 5, the other team has Ray Allen!

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
If the end of the world comes down to one buzzer beating shot... and I can choose anyone in the history of the game to take that shot... the choice is coming down to Jordan and Ray...  really tough choice.

If it's a three you go with Ray every single time.

Any other shot I go with MJ.