Author Topic: Source: NBA Reviewing Officiating of Game 4  (Read 7077 times)

Source: NBA Reviewing Officiating of Game 4
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:24:42 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Ken Berger writes:
NBA officials are looking at several controversial calls in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals as they sift through the fallout from the Pacers' 99-92 victory on Tuesday night, league sources told CBSSports.com

Man where was the reviewing for Game 2 last yr with the Heat? I do admit though, there was some bad officiating going on in last night's game.

Also, Lebron comments about officiating...will he get fined??? (Doubt it)

"I believe I was straight up-and-down on Paul George's drive -- the and-one," James said.

On the offensive foul against Stephenson, James said, "I don't believe it was an offensive foul. I was going to set a screen, and I believe I was stationary. ... It was a couple of calls that I didn't feel like were fouls."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22321402/sources-nba-reviewing-fallout-from-game-4-calls

Re: Source: NBA Reviewing Officiating of Game 4
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
What was Lebron's quote from last years playoffs.."I don't foul out" guess they are taking that seriously.

Honestly tho even if there were bad calls on james I just don't get the fuss. The guy gets the benefit of the doubt since he was 13. I'm sure he was asked about them but its just ridicumous that people will make a story when you can just go to any game and see someone get called for a foul on james for going straight up or a stupid offensive foul

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 02:38:06 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Figures the League only looks into their officiating when calls go against LeBron and Wade.

I don't doubt they'll make the Pacers replay the final four minutes.

Stern can't have the Heat going home before the Finals.  And, he certainly can't have Bron-Bron upset with him.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 02:39:03 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
What was Lebron's quote from last years playoffs.."I don't foul out" guess they are taking that seriously.

Honestly tho even if there were bad calls on james I just don't get the fuss. The guy gets the benefit of the doubt since he was 13. I'm sure he was asked about them but its just ridicumous that people will make a story when you can just go to any game and see someone get called for a foul on james for going straight up or a stupid offensive foul

Lebron fouling out shouldn't be a headline, but missing that 24 shot clock violation call was pretty bad. Had the Pacers loss that would really be the talk.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 02:39:49 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can't say I'm terribly surprised after watching that 4th quarter. 

Certainly not on the level of Game 6 of the '02 WCF but there were some headscratchers there. 

Not shockingly, Joey Crawford, seems to be at the middle of last night.  Guy loves the attention.

I do think this is a lot of this press release is just about the league trying to save face with the PR.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 02:39:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
They review calls after every game - the only thing it could affect is flagrant foul classification and however they evaluate the refs.

The officiating was pretty terrible though - I like that if the calls had gone the other way people would be shrieking about Stern and ref conspiracies, but almost no one's nuts enough to think the league would conspire to promote the Pacers.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
Figures the League only looks into their officiating when calls go against LeBron and Wade.

I don't doubt they'll make the Pacers replay the final four minutes.

Stern can't have the Heat going home before the Finals.  And, he certainly can't have Bron-Bron upset with him.

I guarantee Game 5, Lebron may get called for 1 foul or Paul George or Roy will foul out.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 02:43:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Not shockingly, Joey Crawford, seems to be at the middle of last night.  Guy loves the attention.

I think Crawford may have a chip on his shoulder over LeBron, and maybe the Heat in general (along with many, many other things).  He in particular seemed to go out of his way to call them for stuff that usually gets ignored in playoff games, and he was the guy that fouled LeBron out last year too.

It seems like any time Joey feels slighted or like people believe he's not in control, he goes out of his way to assert himself. 

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Maybe they are reviewing the shot-clock violation and the late out-of-bounds call? Both of those went against the Pacers.

Seems like a leap to think it's all about LeBron.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 02:45:57 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Can't say I'm terribly surprised after watching that 4th quarter. 

Certainly not on the level of Game 6 of the '02 WCF but there were some headscratchers there. 

I do think this is a lot of this press release is just about the league trying to save face with the PR.
So which way are you saying the refs gave this one to Indiana?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 02:48:06 PM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
come on guys i mean LEBRON "I DON'T FOUL OUT OF GAMES" JAMES actually fouled out of a game so David Stern obviously put in a phone call to that rat Stu Jackson and said that this can't continue.  Lebron will be lucky to get 2 fouls called against him in a game for the rest of the Series.  I wish they would bring back the NBA of the 80's then these young kids would really learn what a fouls is.  Lebron and Dwayne "cheap shot Artist" wade especially need to get a Kevin Mchale foul or two.  And for flopping Lebron needs to get choked by Dr J and held by charles barkley while the Doctor performs surgery on his face.  These guys have know idea what it was like to play in the bad boy 80's

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Maybe they are reviewing the shot-clock violation and the late out-of-bounds call? Both of those went against the Pacers.

Exactly those were pretty disgusting not to mention Battier flopping all over the place to the point where its getting out of hand. He flops on every bit of contact trying to box out, going for a rebound, setting a pick, when he's getting backed down.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

I'm guessing Crawford overruling the ref that called an offensive foul on Hibbert will get some attention, especially since he didn't seem to have a better angle. 

And I can't imagine nobody's coming out of last night without a flop fine or two.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a whole lot of them issued en masse to send a message.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

In the article, it states they're reviewing the shot clock, the late fouls on Lebron, and if it was a flagrant foul on West when he goal tended Wade's shot and got him on the head, and flops.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell

Exactly those were pretty disgusting not to mention Battier flopping all over the place to the point where its getting out of hand. He flops on every bit of contact trying to box out, going for a rebound, setting a pick, when he's getting backed down.

My Gawd I can't stand Battier. He flops sooo much and hasn't even gotten a warning this season.