Author Topic: Andrew Bynum  (Read 22622 times)

Re: Andrew Bynum
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Wow! I never realized how bad that guy actually was until I just watched those 3 videos. That's some of the worst most flagrant, classless stuff I've ever seen. That guy needs a long suspension and a promise of a season long suspension if he ever does it again. That guy doesn't belong in the NBA. If he ever gets paid back the same way, no one will care if he's the one withering around on the floor in pain.
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I would have no problem with a maverick next year sweeping bynum's knee on a drive
he would deserve it
will the nba fine him like he should be..doubt it

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I am only wondering why Mavs didn't come after Bynum after that.  I guess I am glad they didn't because it could have been very ugly, but I am surprised.  The violence of the Bynum hit was senseless and should have insensed Barrea's teammates.

I'm glad they didn't retaliate...Lakers were about to be eliminated from the playoffs and the Mavs were moving on to WCF...no use in earning suspensions in a game like this. Save it for a regular season game next year. ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 08:12:18 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
What i find absolutly disturbing beyond belief is the notion that the commentators/news crew "understands" why he would do that.

Just look at the commentary in the vid Roy posted, Andrew Bynum has nothing to do with the legacy of the Lakers, that legacy was earned by others and that somehow makes it understandable that he would do something like that again?

Andrew Bynum should not be viewed in that light, he should be absolutly trashed by anyone and everyone for being what he is, a classless coward that is absolutly doing nothing else but tarnishing the image of the Lakers and to a certain extend Kobe Bryant.

Will anything happen? not likely.. he will be back next season and act like he regrets what he has done and everything will be forgot'en.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
this is the third time this turd has done this.

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Since this is the 3rd time he has done something like this I hope the NBA would suspend him more than 10 games. In the end I believe he will get 5-10. If I had my way he would be out of the NBA. This was another deliberate attempt to injure and that junk does not belong in any organized sport.

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 08:50:54 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
kobe was very bothered by the hit in post game interview.

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2011, 08:56:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
After seeing the other two clips, I think Bynum definitely deserves 10, and will get at least 5.  He has a record, and he embarrassed the league a little with that move in such a high-profile game.  Have to wait and see.

Although, I was very happy to see Kenny Smith refuse to talk about that hit, on the grounds that it was letting the Lakers off the hook for stinking it up for the rest of the game.  Let's see if SportsCenter follows suit.

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2011, 09:02:55 PM »

Offline samantha28

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 156
Listen to this interview.. Bynum is SO disrespectful. I'd hope he apologizes to J.J. Barea.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/video/clip?id=6509409

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
It's obvious that Bynum has a problem.  Have a feeling the league will come down hard on him - and deservedly so.

Has Mark Cuban said anything publicly yet?  I'm sure he'll toss out an opinion or two....

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Coward.

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 10:05:39 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
What i find absolutly disturbing beyond belief is the notion that the commentators/news crew "understands" why he would do that.

Just look at the commentary in the vid Roy posted, Andrew Bynum has nothing to do with the legacy of the Lakers, that legacy was earned by others and that somehow makes it understandable that he would do something like that again?

Andrew Bynum should not be viewed in that light, he should be absolutly trashed by anyone and everyone for being what he is, a classless coward that is absolutly doing nothing else but tarnishing the image of the Lakers and to a certain extend Kobe Bryant.

Will anything happen? not likely.. he will be back next season and act like he regrets what he has done and everything will be forgot'en.

Watch the video again, both game commentators IMMEDIATELY condemned him. One even said it was the most bush league thing he'd ever seen. And as much as I detest Kobe Bryant, he looked disgusted immediately after the play and was honest in his disapproval of it in his post-game presser, even supposedly speaking with Barea after the game and apologizing for Bynum's behavior.

Bynum's comments were ridiculous afterward and showed that he has no understanding of the seriousness of that foul. Barea could've been badly injured. Given his history of trying to harm players (because that's what it is at this point), the league needs to come down hard on him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
He should be suspended half a season for that kind of thing, possibly more.

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 10:16:51 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Bynum's forearm to the ribs was a cheap shot, no doubt. The thing  I dont understand is how a small guy like Rondo can drive the hoop and someone like D.Howard can supposeldy make a play on the ball and send Rondo crashing to the floor, from an elevated position, and not be hit with a flagrant?

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

Offline samantha28

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 156

Watch the video again, both game commentators IMMEDIATELY condemned him. One even said it was the most bush league thing he'd ever seen. And as much as I detest Kobe Bryant, he looked disgusted immediately after the play and was honest in his disapproval of it in his post-game presser, even supposedly speaking with Barea after the game and apologizing for Bynum's behavior.

Bynum's comments were ridiculous afterward and showed that he has no understanding of the seriousness of that foul. Barea could've been badly injured. Given his history of trying to harm players (because that's what it is at this point), the league needs to come down hard on him.

RJ87, I agree with you the commentators seemed disgusted. Also I heard the same thing re Kobe and the Lakers.

According to a retweet by hollinger:

JJ Barea said Kobe & other Lakers checked how was doing after game & apologized for Bynum cheap shot.