Author Topic: Andrew Bynum  (Read 22581 times)

Re: Andrew Bynum
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I would'nt forget that if I was Baarea's teammate. There's always next year to punch Bynum square in the face and hopefully brake his nose. That crap can end a guy's career.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 06:19:30 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Wow, bad spelling. My bad.

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 06:20:17 PM »

Kiorrik

That was the dirtiest play I've seen since I started watching NBA. Seriously, did NOT see that coming either. I mean, it got "bad" with Odom being stupid vs Dirk, but this was just out of thin air.

Biggest guy on the court versus the smallest one too. Wow.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »

Offline oldmanspeaks

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 70
The Odom foul was a cheap shot but that often happens in playoff games. You fine the guy and maybe give him a minor suspencsion. HOWEVER the Bynum foul was a deliberate attempt to injure a guy who is in the air with his arm up. That is totally out of place on any court at anytime. If I was giving out the punishment, Bynum would be sitting out a lot more than 10 games.

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 06:29:01 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
5-10 game suspension would be fair, so will probably be 0-5 knowing the NBA ::)
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I wonder if the acts of Bynum will force the league to look close into the Wade thing.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »

Offline Celticsfan336

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Bynum should get a 10 game suspension next year.

But he won't be wearing a Laker uniform, they've spoke so highly of him for the last 5 years and he has never broke past this level of play.

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 06:46:21 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
He did this to Beasley as well earlier this season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed3umTuRTqo

...and Gerald Wallace who suffered a collapsed lung, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Wow, bad spelling. My bad.

1 TP for honesty.
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 06:47:51 PM »

Offline JT11

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 153
I wonder if the acts of Bynum will force the league to look close into the Wade thing.

Nope. If anything they'll be further away from looking closer at it because this was just so outrageous and blatantly Bush League, it'll completely overshadow Wade's foul. Plus, not everyone is sold that Wade deserves anything more than a PF anyway.

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Johnny Most would have had a field day with that one, guarenteed. That was a violent, violent elbow to Barea's chest and dispicable, disgusting, yellow act by Bynum.

The refs got that one right, immediate gate...... And Bynum took his shirt off in public too.....

10 games, 250,000 fine. One more act like that out of him, it is a season suspension.

Honestly, there is no place for that in this league. Maybe basketball should be like hockey and make them play 5 on 4.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »

Offline JT11

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 153
"@ArtGarcia_NBA: JJ Barea said Kobe & other Lakers checked how was doing after game & apologized for Bynum cheap shot."

Grudging respect. God, still can't get over how classless that was, though.

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This is right up there with anything from Bill Lambeer 's school of dirty basketball at its finest.

I think the end of this game exposed the LAKERS as a classless bunch of social rejects.we knew they really were , no matter how much Stern and the media love them.

Totally without style , class and maturity .

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Interesting that these two others against Beasley and Wallace were the EXACT same hit given by Bynum. That same extended elbow into the chest knocking them off their feet while in the air. That pretty much takes out his ability to claim “heat of the moment” every with things since it is obviously his planned move. What an absolute punk. Likely cost him millions in the future.

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 07:53:51 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Wow!  I hadn't seen it till I watched the clip on this thread.  Blatant, dangerous hit on a guy a foot smaller and 100 pounds lighter. 

I am only wondering why Mavs didn't come after Bynum after that.  I guess I am glad they didn't because it could have been very ugly, but I am surprised.  The violence of the Bynum hit was senseless and should have insensed Barrea's teammates.