Author Topic: Biggest Flopper in NBA?  (Read 17799 times)

Re: Biggest Flopper in NBA?
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Thing is, it would be such an easy fix:
1. In game flop noticed by ref = technical foul.
2. Post game video evidence of faking contact that didn't happen (like the raja bell elbow) = a technical foul on your season total and $25,000 fine.
3. Call offensive fouls any time an offensive player hits a defender in position even if the defender doesn't fall down.

It's simple. That way you punish acting the same time that you remove the need to act. Right now, they only call offensive fouls if you do flop, which is terrible; if an offensive player hits a guy hard, it should be an offensive foul regardless.

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
This seasons' Biggest Flooper in the NBA so far goes to M.Ginobli(Spurs).I like him as a player but he is probably the most consistent flopper in the NBA.

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
This seasons' Biggest Flooper in the NBA so far goes to M.Ginobli(Spurs).I like him as a player but he is probably the most consistent flopper in the NBA.

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 03:11:46 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
any discussion involving floppers has to include Reggie Miller. They guy made a career out of flopping and taking advantage of his 90% FT shooting. There were many nights of long Tommy rants about Reggie's ability to flop.

Speaking of Miller, has the NBA made kicking your leg out to draw a foul now an offensive foul?? Miller was the king of this move, which in my opinion isn't any worse than the move Baby has caught onto--bringing the ball up under a defender's outstretched hand and selling the "shoot & flail". Nate and Ray have both been called for offensive fouls numerous times this year for kicking that leg out...

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 05:06:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sideshow Bob flops a lot.  Big baby lately has show a penchant for flopping not many of those guys could bowl him over on a chance.

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 05:31:09 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I think it is kind of a dumb rule, but in college hockey they have a 2-minute penalty called "embellishment" when a player overreacts. I believe they also have a "diving" penalty in the NHL. I think this needs to be seriously considered, but think of how nuts this place would become if the refs now had to make a judgment as to whether a player was taking a dive!

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Undoubtedly, it's Ginobili.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SDMfiJfiyE

Pau Gasol gets an honorable mention as well.

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

tp for the nice reply.Can't beat that.

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 06:44:32 PM »

Kiorrik

Two floppers flopped on each other. The world exploded.

That, is AWESOME.

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
To me this is like one of those conversations where someone says "Who's the best band" and you're like "The Beatles" and they say "No I mean playing music today"  and you're like "No. I want to pick the Beatles [dang it]".

I want to pick Vlade Divac. He is the Beatles of flopping. Yes I know he's not in the nba, but his ghost still haunts us tremendously.  He's the Godfather.

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2011, 08:02:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
To me this is like one of those conversations where someone says "Who's the best band" and you're like "The Beatles" and they say "No I mean playing music today"  and you're like "No. I want to pick the Beatles [dang it]".

I want to pick Vlade Divac. He is the Beatles of flopping. Yes I know he's not in the nba, but his ghost still haunts us tremendously.  He's the Godfather.

Good Point (TP).

Vlade dade used to upset Shaq to no end back in the day with his flopping. I think that Vlade is indeed the Grand Puuba of Floppers.

Manu and Pau learned from Vlade, no doubt.

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWRjyUzPX70&feature=fvw

Some "good" flops in that video...usual culprits. Unfortunately Shaq flopping against Dwight is in there too. :(

;D
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Derek Fisher tops them all.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2011, 06:38:56 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Derek Fisher tops them all.

Especially after today.  Guys made a career of it.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2011, 07:22:57 PM »

Offline KobeShesNotConsenting!

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 132
When you have this conversation, it's Derek Fisher at the top of the list and then the next closest person is several notches lower then him in terms of floppage.