Author Topic: The complete "AI to Philly" Saga!! (merged)  (Read 11998 times)

Re: The complete "AI to Philly" Saga!! (merged)
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2009, 01:13:22 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I had a dream that Iverson was playing for Philly and, when the coach took him out of the game, he took off his jersey and walked to the locker room.

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Good for Philly, good for Iverson.  I hope it works out mutually for them.

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I donīt know how, but we need this 76ers 2010 Draft Pick.

That stock will rise.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:42 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I just watched and excerpt from his press conference back in Philadelphia, he was tearful and emotional, one thing stuck out at me though....he explained that a lot of his actions when he was younger led to this perception of him being a person that hes really not.  Is it possible that after all this he still doesnt get it??  That the reason all this happened is that hes a me first player, who puts himself above his teammates and it's his way or the highway??  These are young people mistakes, yes, but he made these mistakes as recently a month ago, and not to mention last year......when he was 33 and 34 years old if im not mistaken.  Thats not young. 

Maybe all this is being swept under the rug and everyone is just ignoring the big blue elephant in the room over there at this point and Philly is just accepting AI for what he is over the next few months and AI is accepting Philly for what it is.

Im sure Im just pointing out the obvious and I know this kind of a semi feel good situation to a lot of people but to me, hearing that explanation for his alienation from the rest of the teams in the league is almost as funny as watching that john thompson interview with him talking about doing what it takes to win a title.  I guess Denial aint just a river in Egypt.
Greg

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2009, 07:15:46 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I just watched and excerpt from his press conference back in Philadelphia, he was tearful and emotional, one thing stuck out at me though....he explained that a lot of his actions when he was younger led to this perception of him being a person that hes really not.  Is it possible that after all this he still doesnt get it??  That the reason all this happened is that hes a me first player, who puts himself above his teammates and it's his way or the highway??  These are young people mistakes, yes, but he made these mistakes as recently a month ago, and not to mention last year......when he was 33 and 34 years old if im not mistaken.  Thats not young. 

Maybe all this is being swept under the rug and everyone is just ignoring the big blue elephant in the room over there at this point and Philly is just accepting AI for what he is over the next few months and AI is accepting Philly for what it is.

Im sure Im just pointing out the obvious and I know this kind of a semi feel good situation to a lot of people but to me, hearing that explanation for his alienation from the rest of the teams in the league is almost as funny as watching that john thompson interview with him talking about doing what it takes to win a title.  I guess Denial aint just a river in Egypt.

That press conference was Clintonesque/Farvesque in it's genuine emotional phoniness.  And about twice as incoherent.
 ;D ;D ;D

Hopefully Eddie Jordan has guaranteed money because Eddie's toast.

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I had a dream that Iverson was playing for Philly and, when the coach took him out of the game, he took off his jersey and walked to the locker room.

Sad thing is, I would not be surprised if that happened within a month.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Sad thing is, I would not be surprised if that happened within a month.
Nah, I think he'll be a good soldier for Philly.

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2009, 11:07:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Full-circle ... I'm really glad they signed him ... I hope they give him a very warm welcome ... he brought a lot of money to that city ... and they need a shot in the arm.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2009, 12:24:07 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

No, I think what he was saying that the way he is is the way that he plays and that is what got him so far.  I think he's saying that people get a perception of him, but he's not gonna change who he is because that is the way he always had to play his entire life.  One thing that I have always liked about Iverson is that he's always been real.  He never tried to change his character to become more profitable like Lebron and Tiger.  Because of that, since he wasn't trying to be perfect, his flaws were shown a lot and that gave him that negative stereotype.  However, if he sold himself than he wouldn't the player in the league that he was.

I think people can say whatever about the man, but I think the cry was real and it just shows how he just loves to play the game.  He was always a Rondo type of player where he is hitting his body on the floor all the time, except this was as the superstar of the league.
Baby Jesus!