Author Topic: The Mickael Pietrus update thread  (Read 16043 times)

Re: Christmas ?
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I would rather take a chance on Christmas.  Pietrus made too many mental mistakes in the play-offs.

agreed and he couldnt stand on his own two feet. dude fell down 4 times a game...i think he was still concussed,

Wait, your argument is that Pietrus made too many mental mistakes in the playoffs?  So you think that Christmas would make less mental mistakes in the playoffs if he was playing 19.6 min per game in the playoffs matched up against the likes of Lebron?  Not only that, but I actually don't recall lots of mental mistakes that Pietrus made.  My only complaint of his play was his poor shooting, but I think he just got unlucky if you look at his career 3 pt shooting % (especially playoffs).

Pietrus drawing the 6th foul on Lebron and grabbing those 2 consecutive offensive rebounds were two essential reasons why we won game 4.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Christmas ?
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I would rather take a chance on Christmas.  Pietrus made too many mental mistakes in the play-offs.

agreed and he couldnt stand on his own two feet. dude fell down 4 times a game...i think he was still concussed,

Wait, your argument is that Pietrus made too many mental mistakes in the playoffs?  So you think that Christmas would make less mental mistakes in the playoffs if he was playing 19.6 min per game in the playoffs matched up against the likes of Lebron?  Not only that, but I actually don't recall lots of mental mistakes that Pietrus made.  My only complaint of his play was his poor shooting, but I think he just got unlucky if you look at his career 3 pt shooting % (especially playoffs).

Pietrus drawing the 6th foul on Lebron and grabbing those 2 consecutive offensive rebounds were two essential reasons why we won game 4.

Exactly.  And the difference between Pietrus and Christmas is that Doc would actually play Pietrus in a playoff game.  He'd play PP 48 minutes before he'd let Christmas sniff the floor.

Not that it matters anyway.  Pietrus isn't coming here for the minimum to play behind PP and Green at the 3 and Lee and Bradley at the 2.  I could see him sacrificing money for playing time, or playing time for money, but he's not sacrificing both simply for the honor of being a Boston Celtic. 

Re: The Mickael Pietrus update thread
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
As we have only seen Christmas in the summer league my opinion is speculation based on smart play in what is admittedly pick-up style basketball.  As for Pietrus's mental mistakes how many times during the series did the announcers declare a Pietrus foul ill timed or just plain dumb. Or a shot with the same description.  He is simply not a smart player. He does not pass well nor does he have even an average handle.  He is a good defender and a streak 3 point shooter but not much else, IMO.  Other than experience I see Christmas as having a significantly more complete game...let's bring them both to camp and see who wins out.

And I agree Christmas is more likely because he is cheaper and would be enthused to be a 3rd string 2 &/or 3.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Mickael Pietrus is open to a return to the Celtics, but will not sign for the veteran minimum salary.

“MP will not play for the veteran’s minimum. Period,” said Bill McCandless, Pietrus’ agent. “It’s not happening. That’s the beginning, middle and end of that. … He is not a veteran’s minimum player. There’s no chance he’ll ever sign for that.”

Pietrus signed off on the $1.22 million minimum after being waived by the Suns this past season, but the nine-year veteran has “a standing offer triple that overseas,” McCandless said.

McCandless has had serious discussions with several NBA teams, including one Monday, “and the money was much more than the veteran minimum.

“I’ve had the veteran minimum thrown at me like hubcaps,” added McCandless. “In this collective bargaining agreement, a component of any player’s wishes and desires is the money teams are willing to pay.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222614/Pietrus_Open_To_Return_To_Celtics_Will_Not_Play_For_Veteran_Minimum#ixzz21eEw8vC9

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
"I've had the veteran's minimum thrown at me like hubcaps"?

What the hell does that mean?  Thrown like a Frisbee?  Some kind of melee at the junkyard? 

Quick poll here; how many people have EVER had a hubcap thrown at them? 

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games

Mickael Pietrus is open to a return to the Celtics, but will not sign for the veteran minimum salary.

“MP will not play for the veteran’s minimum. Period,” said Bill McCandless, Pietrus’ agent. “It’s not happening. That’s the beginning, middle and end of that. … He is not a veteran’s minimum player. There’s no chance he’ll ever sign for that.”

Pietrus signed off on the $1.22 million minimum after being waived by the Suns this past season, but the nine-year veteran has “a standing offer triple that overseas,” McCandless said.

McCandless has had serious discussions with several NBA teams, including one Monday, “and the money was much more than the veteran minimum.

“I’ve had the veteran minimum thrown at me like hubcaps,” added McCandless. “In this collective bargaining agreement, a component of any player’s wishes and desires is the money teams are willing to pay.”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222614/Pietrus_Open_To_Return_To_Celtics_Will_Not_Play_For_Veteran_Minimum#ixzz21eEw8vC9

Yup, made a thread about his agent's quotes yesterday:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=59208.msg1285493;topicseen#new
Mods, feel free to merge them if you wish.

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
My bad, prof.Clutch didn't see your thread, I just saw the Michael pietrus update thread

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Sorry prof.Clutch didn't see your thread, I just saw the Michael pietrus update thread

No problem at all. In reality I shouldn't have made a new thread yesterday and instead I should have posted those quotes in here, so it's actually my bad.

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

What the hell does that mean?  Thrown like a Frisbee?  Some kind of melee at the junkyard? 

Well, I did get hit with a hubcap that fell off of a car once while I was walking down the street.

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
...let's bring them both to camp and see who wins out.

Can't do that...Pietrus wouldn't accept anything other than a fully guaranteed deal (nor should he).  If they were fighting for a spot, he'd win by default.

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2012, 12:28:13 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Isn't that something every used car dealer does?

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
last roster spot is going to christmas, smith or neither. They won't use the BAE